Bonnyrigg Rose 2024-25. Still best supported club in SPFL2

Of all the news from this bizarrely timed mass exodus, the release of Josh Grigor is a really surprising one. He's obviously limited but I'd question whether or not you can sign a centre half who's even equally as competent at L2 level at this stage in the campaign. 

Update from Calum … 

A Message from the Manager
As you will all have seen, there has been a number of movements in the player squad.
Over the past week we have lost 4 players. 2 players we have received very good offers for, which as a club we could not refuse. 1 player asked to leave and 1 asked to leave due to personal circumstances so he could find a club closer to home. 

I understand the supporters' concerns, however we are working tirelessly to add quality into the squad and bring in players that we believe will assist the current squad in achieving our targets for the season.

Thanks Calum 

+ Striker Cameron Ross signed from Tranent. 

7 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Of all the news from this bizarrely timed mass exodus, the release of Josh Grigor is a really surprising one. He's obviously limited but I'd question whether or not you can sign a centre half who's even equally as competent at L2 level at this stage in the campaign. 

A competent L2 centre half eh? 

I wonder if he wants to join a L2 club in the Edinburgh area who aren't Spartans... :whistle

On 04/08/2024 at 14:48, The Mantis said:

It’s a strange one. 930 for the season’s finale v Forfar, and 1017 the previous game v Spartans doesn’t suggest any drop off in interest. Only 622 last week v Arbroath but that was a dead rubber, but doesn’t lend much weight to the Hearts/Rangers theory either.
CE has done quite a rebuild too so you’d think people would want to see how they cope. I have to say, apart from the first season, I find Bonnyrigg a hard watch. I’d rather watch the Welfare, even though the standard is dire, the games are more entertaining and you usually get goals.

Suspect holidays a factor and first weekend of the festival etc. I was up at the ground about lunchtime and then off round the bypass elsewhere and every where was really busy. 

Interestingly Peterhead at home on December 9th was lowest home crowd last season 458. Second meeting 625 at the start of April so guess not a million miles away. 

Clyde next up at NDP in 2 weeks they will bring a few. 

Interesting signing strategy for Bonnyrigg ….. wonder if Calum’s satnav is only programmed to drive between Bonnyrigg and Tranent?! Seriously though, it’s not entirely fair on the Tranent fans that we are signing so many of their best players (well, I’m assuming they’re their best players)!

Tranent to Bonnyrigg (and vice versa) has been a ‘well trodden’ path for players over the years and I think we have a great relationship with them - let’s be careful not to abuse that relationship now.

4 minutes ago, Broonaldo said:

Interesting signing strategy for Bonnyrigg ….. wonder if Calum’s satnav is only programmed to drive between Bonnyrigg and Tranent?! Seriously though, it’s not entirely fair on the Tranent fans that we are signing so many of their best players (well, I’m assuming they’re their best players)!

Tranent to Bonnyrigg (and vice versa) has been a ‘well trodden’ path for players over the years and I think we have a great relationship with them - let’s be careful not to abuse that relationship now.

And his sat/nav looks like it’s still programmed to Cowdenbeath with murmurs coming also from that direction.

And it looks very likely that our former manager will be filling the vacancy at Tranent.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 hour ago, Broonaldo said:

Poor old Tran£nt. 

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Quite a lot for a tier 5 player put it that way.

£10k offer turned down last week apparently so it was clearly more than that.

12 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Really sad to see five-figure sums being chucked at Lowland League jobbers rather than upgrades to the embarrassingly tinpot pair of portaloos in the away end

That’ll be a pair of portaloos more than your club have owned for what, the last 35 years? 

I’m no fan of Bonnyrigg but as least they are trying to incrementally improve their ground.   

25 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Really sad to see five-figure sums being chucked at Lowland League jobbers rather than upgrades to the embarrassingly tinpot pair of portaloos in the away end

What are the toilets like at your team's ground?....... oh wait, you don't have a home!