Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

19 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Came from John Sim in an interview a couple of years back.

Spoken to a few folk within the club about this, and they’d absolutely no idea what he was talking about. On that and many other topics to be fair. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

For all county deserve to be where they... you take out the Adams period and they are a pretty decent side that are better than where they ended up

Far too many fans and pundits alike have been putting our current predicament entirely down to the Adams spell, when the reality is our record under him in the league this season (9 points from 11 games) was almost identical to our record under Mackay before he was binned (10 points from 12).

Edit: In case my point is not clear, it's this:

YES, the Adams spell was an unmitigated disaster and left us in a mess, but so was the Mackay spell that preceded it. "Blame where blame is due."

Beyond that, I think you're right that we've a team capable of a better season than we achieved. This isn't exactly in depth, or guaranteed to be how it would have worked out, but if you apply Adams or Mackay's points per game achieved this season to a whole season, you end up on 31 or 32 points. Apply Don Cowie's (who nobody is claiming to be a great manager or anything), and you get 40.

Edited by The Great Stagsby

14 hours ago, Ric said:

In the televised play off at Starks, I saw a Thistle player hit the ground and their arm was covered in little black plastic pellets.

I get that your pitch isn't like the old 5s which did the same, but I was genuinely surprised that was still a thing.

14 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I can guarantee that never happened.

He's got a black & white telly. St Mirren daft the lad.

Posted (edited)

Christ there’s going to be some meltdown amongst the plastic pitch bedwetters if we go up. Was an artificial pitch sceptic at first, but it’s been brilliant for Rovers. Plays brilliantly, games never in danger of being off and Stark’s Park now gets used by the whole community which has brought the town closer to the football club. Not one opposition player or manager has criticised it, even though we’ve a good home record this season. Says it all. 

Edited by FitbaSupporter

2 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Christ there’s going to be some meltdown amongst the plastic pitch bedwetters if we go up. Was an artificial pitch sceptic at first, but it’s been brilliant for Rovers. Plays brilliantly, games never in danger of being off and Stark’s Park now gets used by the whole community which has brought the town closer to the football club. Not one opposition player or manager has criticised it, even though we’ve a good home record this season. Says it all. 

I think that 'if' we achieve promotion, the club should invite all the other prem clubs to come to Starks, have a training session and play a short match on it, just to prove how good the surface is and that it is not a danger to players

1 minute ago, lgb61 said:

I think that 'if' we achieve promotion, the club should invite all the other prem clubs to come to Starks, have a training session and play a short match on it, just to prove how good the surface is and that it is not a danger to players

Killie and Livy already have plastic pitches so such a "trial" wouldn't really bring anything new to the table unless you're suggesting Raith's pitch becomes the standard. 

10 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

We've sold just over 300 tickets so far. Hopefully we get fans buying on the day as it would be good to sell out our wee section.

It's a real shame it's so late and during the working week - not feasible with my work comittments unfortunately. Will be at County home leg tho.

23 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

It's a real shame it's so late and during the working week - not feasible with my work comittments unfortunately. Will be at County home leg tho.

It's yet another example of the fans in this country being treated as a complete afterthought.  The noon kick off on Sunday is a bloody joke for Raith fans too. Outwith the OF we all have to put up with this nonsense and it wouldn't be tolerated in the likes of Germany. It will remain the status quo though as we are far too compliant and the clubs are wary of rocking the boat.

9 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

It's yet another example of the fans in this country being treated as a complete afterthought.  The noon kick off on Sunday is a bloody joke for Raith fans too. Outwith the OF we all have to put up with this nonsense and it wouldn't be tolerated in the likes of Germany. It will remain the status quo though as we are far too compliant and the clubs are wary of rocking the boat.

Sadly true

17 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Who's paying a transfer fee for him then ?

I don't anyone would take the chance with his injury record 

Unless I've been living under a rock has the plastic pitch debacle only really been a 'thing' after Kilmarnock beat both halves of the erse cheeks earlier in the season and they both kicked up a fuss? Prior to our plastic pitch going down I can't say I'd ever went into an away game up in arms about the opposition having a plastic pitch 🤷‍♂️ Anyway if we go up there are plans in place to revert back to grass if that's what has to happen. Knowing our luck we'll go up, revert to grass, get relegated and be financially fucked for years. 

36 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Unless I've been living under a rock has the plastic pitch debacle only really been a 'thing' after Kilmarnock beat both halves of the erse cheeks earlier in the season and they both kicked up a fuss? Prior to our plastic pitch going down I can't say I'd ever went into an away game up in arms about the opposition having a plastic pitch 🤷‍♂️ Anyway if we go up there are plans in place to revert back to grass if that's what has to happen. Knowing our luck we'll go up, revert to grass, get relegated and be financially fucked for years. 

Or win the play off, have a season or two in the top league, and get relegated before the grass pitch becomes mandatory in 2026.

3 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Or win the play off, have a season or two in the top league, and get relegated before the grass pitch becomes mandatory in 2026.

We'll see what happens, we might not have to worry about it too much after Sunday. 

Out of curiosity but if come 2026 a team with a plastic pitch wins the Championship are they given a 2 year grace period to revert back to grass or are the beaks expecting an immediate removal of pitch before the next season starts?

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

We'll see what happens, we might not have to worry about it too much after Sunday. 

Out of curiosity but if come 2026 a team with a plastic pitch wins the Championship are they given a 2 year grace period to revert back to grass or are the beaks expecting an immediate removal of pitch before the next season starts?

The SPFL said in a statement: "The SPFL board has confirmed at a meeting today that if the resolution is approved, it will grant a two-year period to allow clubs with an artificial pitch to plan accordingly, with artificial pitches not permitted in the top division from season 2026-27.“

Looks like no artificial pitches from 2026/27.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Been going for Livi since Celtic couldn't beat us at home, took them about 4 and a half seasons anyway. Apoplectic when they realised they couldn't just rock up and win.

Most likely also happened before depending on how long Accies had theirs. Regardless probably started because the bigots had to find something else to pretend to be upset about, and the dinosaurs fancied joining in.

Posted (edited)

I think on paper Ross County should be stronger than Raith. That said though, Raith are fit, and fine tuned - we didn't finish with a higher points-total than the last 4 championship champions for no reason. We're good. 

I think it'll be tight, but make no mistake, 6,000 raith fans on Thursday night, and 1200 away opn Sunday is massive backing. 

What also has to be said is rather than fans struggling with the away fixtures, a 3pm saturday at a neutral venue, packed with both sets of fans would have been better. 

What also has to be said is, it should be 2 up and 2 down. 

Finally, don't write off the rovers. ICT should have been far stronger then Hamilton. They were on paper anyway. 

Looking forward to both games, going to be a blast anyway. Bar set for future seasons regardless of what happens. 

Edited by SM12THN
had duplicated for some reason

41 minutes ago, SM12THN said:

I think on paper Ross County should be stronger than Raith. That said though, Raith are fit, and fine tuned - we didn't finish with a higher points-total than the last 4 championship champions for no reason. We're good. 

I think it'll be tight, but make no mistake, 6,000 raith fans on Thursday night, and 1200 away opn Sunday is massive backing. 

What also has to be said is rather than fans struggling with the away fixtures, a 3pm saturday at a neutral venue, packed with both sets of fans would have been better. 

What also has to be said is, it should be 2 up and 2 down. 

Finally, don't write off the rovers. ICT should have been far stronger then Hamilton. They were on paper anyway. 

Looking forward to both games, going to be a blast anyway. Bar set for future seasons regardless of what happens. 

Would the one-off game be played on a grass or artificial pitch? 😀

28 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

Would the one-off game be played on a grass or artificial pitch? 😀

Concrete