Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

And we were shite for about half an hour in the play off final 2 years ago. I can think of 5 worse play off performances than that without even thinking about it.

First half of the first leg and second half of the second, I’d say. A million miles from the worst play-off performance though.  

I know he's only young and everything, but I'm beginning to fear for Dylan Corr's prospects of becoming a good Championship player. Miles out of his depth.

Just now, Benidorm said:

Were warning signs of this all season once Raith played better opposition. Lived off a load of jammy undeserved wins against shite like Queen's Park and Inverness.

We only took 3 points off them this season and deserved  7 minimum. They scored about 47 last minute winners in the first 10 games or something. 30 of them against us.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Oooft, pumped.

Was coming once Ian Murray decided to play Murrayball. You can’t get away with that against quality opposition.

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

No tear from me m8, fully expected this to happen and pleased we'll meet in the Championship, after such a long, long, long, long, time

giphy-2.gif

6 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I've yet to see any real evidence that Ian Murray is actually a good manager.

I know he did well with Dumbarton but he flopped at St. Mirren, failed to take opportunities to pip Cove to the league title with Airdrie then bottled the playoff final, and finished 2nd in the Championship with a squad and budget that should absolultely be achieving that at least, followed by barely even being competitive across these two legs against County.

Find it very weird that his name keeps cropping up when bigger jobs become vacant.

He’s a strange manager yeah. His best jobs have been Dumbarton and Airdrie where he took struggling teams and turned them around (very quickly for Dumbarton, steadily over four years for Airdrie). I think he’s very good at improving standards within a club, generally recruiting well and building a strong dressing room, he’s done that at the two clubs I mentioned and while there’s the conservatory money caveat he has improved Raith.

He’s very limited tactically though. His last season at Airdrie was largely great fun to watch but it was all about Easton doing stuff and getting the ball to him and the three forwards, more vibes than tactics. They were almost flat-track bullies, beating everyone below them (other than 17 draws with Queen’s Park) but couldn’t beat Cove. His big game record is really poor, I think because he struggles tactically when up against similar or better quality opposition. I know Raith beat Dundee United twice but there’s the Jim Goodwin factor there and I often feel Raith don’t have much of a tactical identity, they don’t sit deep and also don’t press high, just stuck in the middle waiting for the collection of forwards to produce something.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

I know he's only young and everything, but I'm beginning to fear for Dylan Corr's prospects of becoming a good Championship player. Miles out of his depth.

It’s literally his seventh match starting since he came back from injury earlier this year…and his got his shoulder strapped up. I think he’ll very likely be starting for us next year and do well. Player very little this season.