Stirling Albion 2024/25

Hello again - we weren't away for very long.

We currently have no manager or backroom team, our players I suspect have all left or leaving (but nobody knows officially yet)

There is some unrest with our supporters and our club board and trust boards for varying reasons.

It's all a bit doom and gloom at the moment following relegation and the sacking of Darren Young (that most fans didn't want to happen) but hoping for some positivity over the next couple of months.

Our aim will be promotion straight back up and I expect promotion playoffs will be minimum requirement for the new manager.

No idea on what our budget will be, but it's already been indicated it will be hit pretty heavy from the season just gone. At a complete guess I would say we will probably be middle of the pack when it comes to playing budget. 

Nice to see you all again.

8 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Hello again - we weren't away for very long.

We currently have no manager or backroom team, our players I suspect have all left or leaving (but nobody knows officially yet)

There is some unrest with our supporters and our club board and trust boards for varying reasons.

It's all a bit doom and gloom at the moment following relegation and the sacking of Darren Young (that most fans didn't want to happen) but hoping for some positivity over the next couple of months.

Our aim will be promotion straight back up and I expect promotion playoffs will be minimum requirement for the new manager.

No idea on what our budget will be, but it's already been indicated it will be hit pretty heavy from the season just gone. At a complete guess I would say we will probably be middle of the pack when it comes to playing budget. 

Nice to see you all again.

Sounds pretty much the same as the last time you were down her apart from the promotion year.

He wasn't great for us last season, had he not been on a two year deal, I suspect he may have been on his way.

We still don't know what has happened to our players, most will be out of contract, but we don't know if they have all left or waiting until we appoint a new manager, or something in between.

My expectations for the season ahead are now massively reduced. We are going to be so far behind other clubs in terms of recruitment and players. Obviously the aim will be to go straight back up.

I can see Stirling being back in the mire again next season and hanging around the bottom of the league.

A real bad hangover at the club could spell danger carrying into the new season and obviously clubs are already well ahead in planning and recruitment. That big daft statement they released was a big pile of word salad.

I'll be keeping a healthy eye on them throughout the season and will likely pop in now and again to laugh accordingly.

50 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I can see Stirling being back in the mire again next season and hanging around the bottom of the league.

A real bad hangover at the club could spell danger carrying into the new season and obviously clubs are already well ahead in planning and recruitment. That big daft statement they released was a big pile of word salad.

I'll be keeping a healthy eye on them throughout the season and will likely pop in now and again to laugh accordingly.

Let me clarify and simplify the word salad for you.

Two years ago we took over a sustainably run club.  It is now ummm......errr.......unsustainable and this is of course nothing to do with us taking over or any decisions we made.  Gie's peace wi the moaning.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Let me clarify and simplify the word salad for you.

Two years ago we took over a sustainably run club.  It is now ummm......errr.......unsustainable and this is of course nothing to do with us taking over or any decisions we made.  Gie's peace wi the moaning.  

Aye, the club had money... got promoted and then relegated... now they don't have money. Fucked it basically.

Edited by squeezebox-son

Posted (edited)

This is going well.

We have no manager, assistant, physio, doctor, coaching staff.

Our current squad:

Derek Gaston 

Ross McGeachie (out of contract)

Ross Davidson 

Jordan McGregor (out of contract)

Josh Cooper (out of contract)

Callum Crane 

Lewis Milne 

Dale Hilson

Dale Carrick 

😅😅😅😅😅

Edited by Quentin Taranbino

13 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Our current squad:

Derek Gaston 

Ross McGeachie (out of contract)

Ross Davidson 

Jordan McGregor (out of contract)

Josh Cooper (out of contract)

Callum Crane 

Lewis Milne 

Dale Hilson

Dale Carrick 

Jack Leitch away? Kyle Banner away?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Jack Leitch away? Kyle Banner away?

Leitch isn't confirmed confirmed, but as good as. He has told folk he is away.

Banner confirmed himself he was away on Twitter. He came through our youth system and played over 200 games for us and club haven't even acknowledged he (or anyone else) has gone.

Neither player will struggle to get a league 1/league 2 team.

Banner in particular, is a very useful player at this level that can play a number of positions. Not usually a player that ever shines particulary but consistently solid enough, would be decent squad filler at league 1 level or a starter in league 2.

Edited by Quentin Taranbino

5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I know we are in for Leitch but likely to have loads of interest in league one and two.

I had heard both EK and Clyde in for Leitch too, which makes sense as he's best pals with Simon Ferry and his brother plays with us. 

I was basically here to ask if he'd be a decent signing!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Banner confirmed himself he was away on Twitter. He came through our youth system and played over 200 games for us and club haven't even acknowledged he (or anyone else has gone)

Very poor stuff from the club. I always remember he scored a goal very early in his career against Clyde and was made captain briefly when he was very young and kept an eye on him since then. Hopefully he has something in place.

Edited by Brian Carrigan