WOSFL 2nd division 2024/25 season

That's sacrilege saying the Ants are based in Shieldhall now, even though they are. 

They are Govanites, always have been, always will be, no matter where they play.

My Grandfather will be digging his way out of Arkleston as we speak, to right this evil wrong.

😇😇😇😇

The capacity figures look made up to me and grossly exaggerated, I'm not sure where the graphic came from.

Perhaps they are estimated capacities by whoever made up the graphic, but knowing the local authority certified capacities for our licensed clubs (e.g. Rutherglen Glencairn is 1,683), some of them look to be well over the top.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The capacity figures look made up to me and grossly exaggerated, I'm not sure where the graphic came from.

Perhaps they are estimated capacities by whoever made up the graphic, but knowing the local authority certified capacities for our licensed clubs (e.g. Rutherglen Glencairn is 1,683), some of them look to be well over the top.

Looks like the usual Wikipedia entry. Don't know where the numbers would have been sourced for it, maybe something like nonleaguescotland. 

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

Looks like somebody's just pulled figures that have no basis in reality out of ther arse. Busiest I've ever seen Lochburn was when we had 1400-odd for an SJC tie against Kilbirnie years ago, but these days it's capped at 700-ish for Scottish cup games...there were 5-600 there the time Drumchapel played Edinburgh United there and that felt pretty full.

Some of the figures in that table are crazy high though...at a hard-standing ground if you go much above 4-500 people start not beng able to see. We played Linlithgow at McKenna Park a while back for instance...think we pulled just under 500 that day and sightlines were beginning to become an issue. That's magnified when all four sides of a ground aren't in use. You could conceivably squeeze 1000 into two-sided Rockburn Park for instance, but 6-700 of them won't see much of the game.

As for the capacity they've assigned to Forth? I always enjoy visiting Kingshill Park, but 3500 crammed in there would feel less like a football match and more like a humanitarian disaster. I think whoever's done that table has mistakenly used the population of the village which must be something close to that figure.

Cambuslang's figure of 3000 ? Yeh, sure, Somervell Park is bigger in terms of terracing than Rutherglen Glencairn's stadium, but it's not twice as big and, knowing South Lanarkshire Council's safety requirements for stadiums, Somervell Park won't be even remotely close to that figure.

You would think the league would have organised a little graphic or something with all this info for the punters. Rather than people having to rely on outside resources, just to get slated by said league officials

15 minutes ago, Spyro said:

You would think the league would have organised a little graphic or something with all this info for the punters. Rather than people having to rely on outside resources, just to get slated by said league officials

Lol, hardly "slated". 🤣 There's nothing wrong with pointing out that some of the information on the graphic is incorrect, when it is being presented as supposed fact.

Most of the clubs in the WoSFL won't have a documented capacity for their stadium, it's not a requirement for membership of the league.

14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Most of the clubs in the WoSFL won't have a documented capacity for their stadium, it's not a requirement for membership of the league.

Maybe a modern, well-run league should have all these facts and figures about it's member clubs for any new supporters? Get with the times and all that... 

Bit of an old junior attitude just not declaring or bothering because they don't have to tbh 

The WoSFL is a club-run organisation, with a Board elected by the member clubs to represent their interests and apply the rules that the clubs agree to. If the clubs feel that stadium capacities have to be declared to the league, then they only need one of them to propose such a rule, another club to second the proposal, and then let the clubs vote on it. If the proposal is passed by the clubs, the Board would then action it.

I come on here generally to give what I think is useful information for club supporters that maybe doesn't filter down to them from the people running the clubs who (mostly) know what the Constitution says. I feel I'm being helpful by doing so, and I only share information on here that is already in the knowledge of the clubs.

I generally get a kick back from somebody for it, on this occasion it's Spyro, on other occasions it has been other individual posters, but it's something I expect. It's not something I need to do, I am under no obligation to answer anything or justify anything, but I try to do so as much as I can to try to be helpful.

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The WoSFL is a club-run organisation, with a Board elected by the member clubs to represent their interests and apply the rules that the clubs agree to. If the clubs feel that stadium capacities have to be declared to the league, then they only need one of them to propose such a rule, another club to second the proposal, and then let the clubs vote on it. If the proposal is passed by the clubs, the Board would then action it.

I come on here generally to give what I think is useful information for club supporters that maybe doesn't filter down to them from the people running the clubs who (mostly) know what the Constitution says. I feel I'm being helpful by doing so, and I only share information on here that is already in the knowledge of the clubs.

I generally get a kick back from somebody for it, on this occasion it's Spyro, on other occasions it has been other individual posters, but it's something I expect. It's not something I need to do, I am under no obligation to answer anything or justify anything, but I try to do so as much as I can to try to be helpful.

I just feel this whole West of Scotland League thing is not being utilised to it's full potential. Too many people doing the same thing (or nothing) over and over because it's the only way they know. Anyone who tries to come up with something a bit different or questions the league are met with the same attitude or the blame is just fired at the clubs.

The WoS League was a great opportunity for a fresh start and the clubs to bring themselves into the 21st century, but seems to be too many people in charge happy to keep it a closed little shop like the good old days and scared to push the league to the next level. 

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

It's a Wikipedia screenshot, so a combination of numbers just copied from the previous season, the club's wiki page, https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/ or elsewhere, possibly just made up/guessed, or not been updated for a while hence the overestimation.

Good thing is that anyone can edit the numbers!

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Looks like somebody's just pulled figures that have no basis in reality out of ther arse. Busiest I've ever seen Lochburn was when we had 1400-odd for an SJC tie against Kilbirnie years ago, but these days it's capped at 700-ish for Scottish cup games...there were 5-600 there the time Drumchapel played Edinburgh United there and that felt pretty full.

As for the capacity they've assigned to Forth? I always enjoy visiting Kingshill Park, but 3500 crammed in there would feel less like a football match and more like a humanitarian disaster. I think whoever's done that table has mistakenly used the population of the village which must be something close to that figure.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220523181048/https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/forth.html in 2022 when the info was first added to Wikipedia it said 3500, then it just got copied each season. Now NLS says a more sensible 1000 but Wiki hasn't been updated.

Maybe clubs could be encouraged to check their NLS / Wiki entries and update them if required (preferably with a reference to their website / social media which states that info)

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

You are allowed to name our brother named for that lovely, genteel scheme in North Glasgow, I dont think it would be considered libellous or such like. 😉😉

Its clearly capacity figures copied from Wikipedia which we know isn't very accurate at the best of times especially when dealing with lower league teams as up to someone to edit the pages correctly and most be guestimates or just complete random capacities from what 1 person has decided to stick in Wikipedia.