Group F 🇹🇷🇬🇪🇵🇹🇨🇿

5 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

That’s the 3rd time some plank has entered the pitch for a selfie with Ronaldo. FFS.

This could be a problem tomorrow night with folk trying to get selfies with Ralston.

I have a feeling that I might be in an exclusive group here when I say that I really don't mind any of the female commentators or pundits.

Certainly beats watching and the same old male faces and listening the same old male voices.

But then again commentator and pundits don't make me seethe as much as it does some people. 😛

Well it wasn't the resounding Georgia defeat I was hoping for, but it was nevertheless an exciting game of football. Not the highest quality yet remained gripping throughout.

Georgia play like most shit international teams do: 5-3-2, quick counter-attacks with one of the front two being asked to carry the load, and a real needle which is frustrating when combined with their ability to win fouls. Obviously they have more quality than those shit teams, but there is something both reassuring and daft about watching a game at a major tournament and being reminded of Pot 6 Moldova and Nations League C Armenia. 

Czech Republic were quite fun. Being behind the goal they were attacking in the second half made all of those crosses that bit more exciting, especially as it was mostly Czechs around me. Majorly impressed with their LCB Ladislav Krejci, but I was thrown a bit by discovering that he's 25 as he looked for all the world like a Next Big Thing centre-back, akin to Gvardiol at the last Euros. 

Fourth game attended at the tournament and I could probably say that they're all in the top four best atmospheres I've experienced in terms of sheer noise - maybe it's just because of the stadiums which feel like Europe's best once you get to your seat. Hopefully tomorrow delivers too...

20240622_145650.jpg

Quite relieved Turkey got squished seeing as I'm staying in their patch of Berlin ànd they tooted their fucking horns all night after beating Georgia, and I'm up at 6 tomorrow for Stuttgart.

Czech v Turkey will be interesting. If Czech Republic win 1-nil then questions might start getting asked as it would send both teams through and Hungary out assuming Georgia lose to Portugal.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Czech v Turkey will be interesting. If Czech Republic win 1-nil then questions might start getting asked as it would send both teams through and Hungary out assuming Georgia lose to Portugal.

I was thinking of watching this game too.  ITV think the Georgia vs Portugal game will get more viewers.  

10 minutes ago, nate said:

Question for up to the minute stat guys. What combination of Group F results tonight ensures  England v Holland R16?

Hungary getting through means England play the Netherlands. 
So needs Czechs and Georgia both failing to win or Georgia failing to win and Czechs beating Turkey by 3 or more. I thnk.

22 minutes ago, nate said:

Question for up to the minute stat guys. What combination of Group F results tonight ensures  England v Holland R16?

If neither Czechia nor Georgia win, England are playing the Dutch.

If Georgia win, England are playing Slovakia.

If Czechia win but not Georgia, England are playing Slovakia unless Czechia’s win was by 3+ goals.

7 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

If neither Czechia nor Georgia win, England are playing the Dutch.

If Georgia win, England are playing Slovakia.

If Czechia win but not Georgia, England are playing Slovakia unless Czechia’s win was by 3+ goals.

Most likely Slovakia.   Yay.