3. Partick

4. Dunfermline

5. Queen's Park

6. Falkirk

7.  Ayr

8. Airdrie

9. Accies

10. Morton

Rovers are in a bit of a strange position where I'd expect us to win more games convincingly next season, but at the same time we're unlikely to win as many games as we have this season. During the first half of the season, we scored a freakish number of last minute goals, and in total we only won two league matches by more than a single goal (we also lost only two by more than a single goal too, strangely enough). We're likely to be looking at new full backs, as much of a replacement for Dylan Easton as you can hope for, a holding midfielder should Shaun Byrne not return, and a centre forward to supplement Vaughan and Hamilton. 

Understand I might be looking at this through black and white tinted glasses, but I'm surprised at how low qp are in people's predictions. Our PPG under Davidson would have been enough for us to finish 3rd or 4th (I can't remember which) if it was carried through across the whole season 

If we get recruitment right and savoury resigns and gets back to his own self there's no reason we shouldn't be pushing for a top 3 place or even winning the league if things really work out. Fox and Wilson have to be the best centre back pairing in the league, and Paton was not far off top goalscorer despite us finishing 8th

5 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Understand I might be looking at this through black and white tinted glasses, but I'm surprised at how low qp are in people's predictions. Our PPG under Davidson would have been enough for us to finish 3rd or 4th (I can't remember which) if it was carried through across the whole season 

If we get recruitment right and savoury resigns and gets back to his own self there's no reason we shouldn't be pushing for a top 3 place or even winning the league if things really work out. Fox and Wilson have to be the best centre back pairing in the league, and Paton was not far off top goalscorer despite us finishing 8th

If Inverness' form from Dunc's appointment had been replicated over the season they'd have been 5th.

If Morton's form from December to March had been replicated over the season they'd have won the league undefeated 

If my auntie had baws etc etc

This league is already almost impossible to predict without doing it 2 months before the season starts and we know who's in and who's out of each squad. I wouldn't be surprised with any combination of finishes as realistically any of the 10 teams have a chance of going up or down. Never seen a league like it.

The biggest unknown for me is Livvi, if they invest the money they have coming in, and it's not needed elsewhere, with a consistent team and the manager staying they could be the only team that "could" create space at the top. 

I'll revisit this around League Cup group time when the picture might become a bit clearer.

Just looking at the list of teams this coming season, it's really hard to predict the winners and losers.

No clear cut favourites to win the league or indeed be relegated. 

I think it will go to the wire at both ends of the table. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Source?

On 27/05/2024 at 10:37, airdrieman said:

Goalkeepers 

Defenders 

Midfielders
Rhys McCabe

Forwards 

Apologies, you do have one.  I would imagine players will have signed contracts, but nothing online that I have seen, unless you have some news?

I think Ayr will do far better than where most folk have them. I would be a little worried for Morton and Hamilton but it’s still early days with plenty of players to come and go.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This league is already almost impossible to predict without doing it 2 months before the season starts and we know who's in and who's out of each squad. 

Of course it is. That's half the point of early predictions thread, you can reassess when closer to the action getting underway.

As already stated it is pretty pointless, but I will give it a go.....

1.   Livingston

2. Partick Thistle

3.  Ayr

4. Raith

5. Falkirk

6. Dunfermline 

7. Queens Park

8. Airdrie

9. Hamilton

10. Morton

Livvy have signed well so far, and look to me as if they credentials to go back up..

Although many think they will drop like a stone..

As already stated it is pretty pointless, but I will give it a go.....

1.   Livingston

2. Partick Thistle

3.  Ayr

4. Raith

5. Falkirk

6. Dunfermline 

7. Queens Park

8. Airdrie

9. Hamilton

10. Morton

Livvy have signed well so far, and look to me as if they credentials to go back up..

Although many think they will drop like a stone..

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

If Inverness' form from Dunc's appointment had been replicated over the season they'd have been 5th.

If Morton's form from December to March had been replicated over the season they'd have won the league undefeated 

If my auntie had baws etc etc

Wee difference in the situation but, we didn't just have a good run of form, our form was shocking for a period of Davison's tenure. It's the fact we set up completely differently to how we did under Veldman's nothing-ball that led to us doing better, which regardless of form will carry through to next season (unless we decide to sack him like we did with Coyle ofc)

Too early to say ,however,with their current retention/recruitment of assorted Journeymen,punts and Jurassic hoofers would have say Morten probably down .

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I think Ayr will do far better than where most folk have them. I would be a little worried for Morton and Hamilton but it’s still early days with plenty of players to come and go.

The main worry for Hamilton, imo, is that regardless of what players come and go, their players will still be managed by John Rankin who I just don’t think has it as a manager. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Apologies, you do have one.  I would imagine players will have signed contracts, but nothing online that I have seen, unless you have some news?

Airdrie tend to keep this sort of stuff in house. Hence transfer market etc are not accurate as a result. 

We have some players under contract, have some out of contract and I believe terms have been offered and of course Fordyce and Gallagher are leaving/have left. 

Contract lengths are never published by Airdrie but I would imagine we will have a squad update potentially this week with the end of the month approaching fast. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Unofficially scratching around this is what I believe is the current state of play..

Signed..

McCabe

Watson

McMaster

G Gallagher

McStravick

Fellows

Kavanagh.  

Still to sign and would think we would offer terms..

Telfer

Frizzell

Ballantyne

ATS

Heard Rae is either away to Dundee United or Ross County and Gall and Fordyce are away..

This is a rough look on our current situation, would imagine it will be confirmed in the next week or so..