West of Scotland AGM

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Let's just wait and see which teams are in the SJC and which are in the SDC. 😉 The deadline for WoSFL Club Annual Returns is today, ahead of the AGM tomorrow, amd clubs have to declare one or the other. The SJFA tweet yesterday only gave a list of teams joining the SJFA.

You're usually correct in these issues, but I don't think Clubs with Junior membership can choose to enter the SDC.

Did Kello not get flung out of it a few seasons back?

5 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

You're usually correct in these issues, but I don't think Clubs with Junior membership can choose to enter the SDC.

That is correct.

21 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Let's just wait and see which teams are in the SJC and which are in the SDC. 😉 The deadline for WoSFL Club Annual Returns is today, ahead of the AGM tomorrow, amd clubs have to declare if they are entering the Scottish Junior Cup. The SJFA tweet yesterday only gave a list of teams joining the SJFA.

Maybe Clydebank will declare they are entering the Scottish Junior Cup to avoid having free weeks...😅

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

That is correct.

What is it that we have to wait and see then?

I've just looked on your website and if the clubs mentioned join the SJFA they will not be in the SDC. That takes it down to 12 clubs in the SDC.

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

I've just looked on your website and if the clubs mentioned join the SJFA they will not be in the SDC. That takes it down to 12 clubs in the SDC.

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

Maybe Clydebank will declare they are entering the Scottish Junior Cup to avoid having free weeks...😅

More chance of them giving up their licence and entering the SDC.

At least they've a chance of winning that now.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

The SJFA tweet was only about applicants. There's the possibility of Strathclyde eligible clubs that will 'guest' in the SJC or have resigned their SJFA membership. Making it an unknown on the exact numbers right now.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SJFA was only about applicants. There's the possibility of Strathclyde eligible clubs that will 'guest' in the SJC or have resigned their SJFA membership. Making it an unknown on the exact numbers right now.

Thanks for that. Now if only Glensmad had said that.

9 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Thanks for that. Now if only Glensmad had said that.

Apologies that I didn't go into enough depth for you, however thankfully somebody else was able to read between the lines and say what I didn't add to my post. 😉

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

I'm positive that the Demolition cup is a cup that was made up to give teams who are not participating in the SJC a game during the same time as the teams participating in the SJC. It is an competition to keep teams busy but the real bonus of it is that the winner will go into a 3 way playoff against the winners in the East and South of similar cups and the overall winner then gains access to the Scottish Cup the following season.

Drumchapel gained access to the Scottish cup in season 22/23, having won the SDcup and playoffs and reach round 4, beaten by Elgin City, dare I say it, on a Tuesday evening but with that, they earned a minimum of £19,000, thats without taken into account of any share of home and away gates.  Positive Drumchapel were not licensed a few years back so it was the only way they could enter the Scottish cup.  So the less teams that enter the cup the bigger the chance they have winning it and a crack at entering the Scottish Cup.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

23 hours ago, Kennie said:

Rossvale are already members and have been for a few years now.

Pollok have applied to participate in the Junior Cup as guests.

Is this confirmed regarding Pollok?