Boness United 2024/25

I understand it was the club members that proposed for and voted through the price increases, puts us in line with our fellow LL sides after a few years at the same price. Still good value imo.

What's not good value is the increase in merchandise at RJM, from 30 to 42.50 for a replica top is way OTT. Not the club that set the prices but that's so disappointing to me.

Edited by Scuzz

4 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

BU have been well below average pricing in the Lowland League for a couple of years. While not changing this was an admirable approach, a price rise has been well overdue. 

Agreed Nicholas - as far as the std charge is concerned. Think for past couple of seasons, Bo'ness Utd charging same admission fee as most EoS sides, so that’s pretty decent of the club. However, as long as the new admission fee is in line with most LL sides, then you still have a good deal. Notice that Cowdenbeath charging £11 for Saturday’s match v Tranent (paid in advance), or £12 on the day. That, I would suggest is too high.

Where I agree with seenitall, is the cost of concession - £7 (70% of main charge). I think concessions should be 50% of main charge, (or perhaps 60%). 

29 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Where I agree with seenitall, is the cost of concession - £7 (70% of main charge). I think concessions should be 50% of main charge, (or perhaps 60%). 

Just for comparison purposes I did a quick google:-

Partick Thistle £22 full price           £16 concessions (72%)          £6 under 16's

Dunfermline  £23 full price             £17 concessions (73%)          £9 for under 12's

Falkirk £23 full price                         £18 concessions  (78%)         under 18's £11   Under 12's Free

46 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Agreed Nicholas - as far as the std charge is concerned. Think for past couple of seasons, Bo'ness Utd charging same admission fee as most EoS sides, so that’s pretty decent of the club. However, as long as the new admission fee is in line with most LL sides, then you still have a good deal. Notice that Cowdenbeath charging £11 for Saturday’s match v Tranent (paid in advance), or £12 on the day. That, I would suggest is too high.

Cowdenbeath have been £10 (plus £1 more at the gate) since they joined the LL at the start of 22/23. I don’t think a 10% increase going into their 3rd season is awful. 

36 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cowdenleith, 

So £11 on Fanbase and £12 at the gate to watch Cowdenbeath....... does any other LL club do this ?

Honest answer is I don’t know, but I suspect we are a bit of an outlier on this.  Thing is, it’s not like you have to buy the day before or anything to get the cheaper price, you can literally buy it for £11 on Fanbase while sitting in the car park before the game if you want.  I guess the club just don’t want to deal with cash if they can help it.

Any chance Bo’ness moving into the 21st century or will cash always be king at your place?

Just now, bigwullieac said:

All well and good making it look massive by chatting about a 40% increase. its a single pound for god sake. Some absolute misers on here for sure. 

£2 actually and it’s the principle , not the money .

£8 - £10

£5 - £7

so concessions  up 40% to normal admissions 25%

Biting the hand that feeds them .

2 minutes ago, seenitall said:

£2 actually and it’s the principle , not the money .

£8 - £10

£5 - £7

so concessions  up 40% to normal admissions 25%

Biting the hand that feeds them .

oh sorry two whole pounds! Thats such a massive difference jings!

So basically what you're saying is that for those of us working and getting well below inflation level pay rises while pensioners continue to get their inflation tied rise each year should feel bad for the hard done by pensioners who are being asked to fork out the same increase as us? Would it be suddenly better if general attendance went to £12? What an absolute farce.

2 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

So basically what you're saying is that for those of us working and getting well below inflation level pay rises while pensioners continue to get their inflation tied rise each year should feel bad for the hard done by pensioners who are being asked to fork out the same increase as us? Would it be suddenly better if general attendance went to £12? What an absolute farce.

Ageism setting in there me thinks 

Just now, Deanburn Dave said:

Politics, economics and allegations of ageism.  Thank feck the Fitbaw is only 4 sleeps away.

**** the Fitbaw , I’m just getting warmed up !!

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Politics, economics and allegations of ageism.  Thank feck the Fitbaw is only 4 sleeps away.

Going by preseason by 5 pm Saturday I might be looking forward to some economics and politics chat

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Just for comparison purposes I did a quick google:-

Partick Thistle £22 full price           £16 concessions (72%)          £6 under 16's

Dunfermline  £23 full price             £17 concessions (73%)          £9 for under 12's

Falkirk £23 full price                         £18 concessions  (78%)         under 18's £11   Under 12's Free

Should have done the same check😔

22 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

oh sorry two whole pounds! Thats such a massive difference jings!

Economies of scale and all that….

If your fuel for petrol, or the cost of a pint before your match etc etc went up by 40%, not sure your answer would be so flippant.

Again, as Nicholas intimates, perhaps Bo’ness Utd’s under-charging since promotion has caused any misgivings your own fans may have with the concession increase of 40% -other fans should have no complaints, given what the majority of LL clubs charge. 

Really don’t know why you are getting so heated with what Seenitall (Bo’ness Utd fan) brings to this discussion.

If you want to question what I say, fill your boat, as others on this Forum already see me as a numpty👍