Boness United 2024/25

12 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

A supporters club that run busses 

As you may know, Robert Jardine died earlier this year. A great servant of the club, who ran the supporters bus. As yet no one has tried to fill his shoes, doubt anyone can I don’t mind your continual attempts to boost your ego, through the achievements of others. I just accept that Bo’ness United is the better team.

On 31/08/2024 at 11:24, Deanburn Dave said:

I probably should give the party line response on that suggestion of "no chance"....... .BUT Athletic have a track record of improving their squad while selling on some quality players for good money. They also appear to have finances and generous sponsors, a vision of where they want to be and some hard working driven characters at the helm. 

Athletic have the mindset and resources to move upwards.

I feel that Bo'ness United just now have decided to drift aimlessly in the middle of the Lowland League. Happy to be there, playing in the cups and surviving on Treasure Chest money. BUT the BU's can get their mojo back and that starts on the pitch. Better performances, better results and progression in the cups and up the Lowland League will see brighter days at the BU's. 

My gut feeling is in 5 years the BU's will still be tier 5 and Athletic will be up in tier 6.

Mon the BU's !!!

I think (and hope) the parasites will turn out being just another flash-in-the-pan Gretna, Darvel, Bathgate, Hurlford etc type outfit. With next to no support or other obvious signs of self-sustainability, they’ll probably flirt briefly with some sort of bankrolled success but then reach a point where the owners/sponsors haven’t the levels of wealth to take them to the next step up (and/or have just grown bored of their plaything) and stop the handouts, resulting in a rapid descent down the leagues and maybe even being wound up. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Was at Deveronvale a couple of years ago for a match as we were up that way for a few days break.   Decent size stand gives a great view of the game, small grass banking all the way round the rest of the ground. Nice part of the country.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Banff ........only accessible by car or yak.

Poor draw for the BU's.

After Aberdeen it’s an absolute chore of a drive on crappy tedious A-roads between the towns and villages where there’s as many tractors on the roads as there are cars.

Edited by 8MileBU