🔵🔴Election Debates 2024 🟡🟠🟢

It's a big big 90 minutes tonight to kick off the season and you won't miss any twist or turn as all the big guns go head to head in the crazy world of never to be missed Scoddish politics. 

I'll expect to be more irritated than inspired by the likes John Swinney, Anas Sarwar, Douglas Ross and Alex Cole-Hamilton. The Greens have been cruelly omitted and they are rightly raging about this so there's always that to boost one's disposition. 

6000-4000-2.75917671.jpg.gallery.jpg

I started to feel a bit sorry* for ACH as he was sweating and jumping from foot to foot under questioning from DRoss. Yes you read that correctly, DRoss got the better got the better of an opponent. 

*I didn't 

It's the sense that Labour and the Liberals are fighting the 2026 Holyrood election whilst Moray Ross is just apologising for everyone in No. 10 apart from himself. John Swinney came alive at some points . I also was irritated by ACH in that VAT Dental love in with Anas.

: ach well. 

I get that it won’t be the case in just over four weeks’ time, and I also get that their leader is a tube, but Alba have as many Scottish MPs as Labour yet aren’t part of a big election debate?

Takeaways: Sarwar is a fud, ACH is irrelevant, Swinney exudes the opposite of confidence, and Ross is a Tory. Thanks STV, I learned less than nothing tonight

I decided not to watch.

The only question I would be interested in hearing Sarwar and Cole-Hamilton answer would be one they will never answer.

"By promoting the Union and wishing Scotland to remain part of it, why is it that you'd prefer a Tory government in 2029 to an independent Scotland having a government that you might lead or participate in?"

Seems remarkable that they'd rather be under a Braverman/ Farage/ Cleverly government in the next decade than perhaps run Scotland.

Obviously, Dross would prefer a decade or more of a Labour Westminster government to an independent Scotland but that's because everyone and their wee dug knows that the Tories are finished and they'd be running nothing here.

Posted (edited)

Just catching up on this. Sarwar and ACH seem like best pals. All they’re doing is complimenting each other’s criticisms of the SNP at Holyrood and the Tories at Westminster. I realise that there are no Lab-Lib marginals in Scotland but it’s all a bit weird.

Edited by JS_FFC

40 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Just catching up on this. Sarwar and ACH seem like best pals. Or they’re doing is complimenting each other’s criticisms of the SNP at Holyrood and the Tories at Westminster. I realise that there are no Lab-Lib marginals in Scotland but it’s all a bit weird.

Laying the ground for the next Holyrood coalition.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

11 minutes in and this is already awful.

Sunak repeatedly telling this poor woman that has to spend the weekend batch cooking that the “plan is working”. What a fucking out of touch arsehole. 

Just now, JS_FFC said:

Sunak repeatedly telling this poor woman that has to spend the weekend batch cooking that the “plan is working”. What a fucking out of touch arsehole. 

Not sure he knows what batch cooking is which is the trouble.

And just shouting the host down. Which isn’t great.

And now we’ve moved on to them talking about how many relatives they have working in the NHS.

Next on the bingo card is a totally not made up anecdote about a definitely not made up voter they met out on the campaign trail recently.

2 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

And now we’ve moved on to them talking about how many relatives they have working in the NHS.

Next on the bingo card is a totally not made up anecdote about a definitely not made up voter they met out on the campaign trail recently.

If by any chance they happen to mention "Scotland" both of them will claim that they've never heard anybody in Scotland talking about independence.