Premier Sports TV Deal

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Why is that funny? 

I reckon we're in for a shock (well not really). Premier Sports will pick up whatever OF wasn't picked up that weekend and show it at 12pm or 530pm 

They can’t. The deal doesn’t include games from Celtic Park or Ibrox.

But even if it did, they’d still be restricted to 1 or 2 games from each. 

Edited by The Master

Just now, The Master said:

They can’t. The deal doesn’t include games from Celtic Park or Ibrox.

Oh fair enough! That might be decent then. How often do they both play away?

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Oh fair enough! That might be decent then. How often do they both play away?

Pre-split, almost never. 

Post-split, sometimes to make the fixture list work. 

How does one watch Premier Sports? Are they going to launch a Sky Channel or an app?  The logging in to their website since the via play app stopped working is a pain in the arse.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

How does one watch Premier Sports? Are they going to launch a Sky Channel or an app?  The logging in to their website since the via play app stopped working is a pain in the arse.

They've had two channels on Sky for years now, with only a brief intermission when they were renamed to Viaplay. 

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

They already have sky channels and their own app.

5 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I’m not seeing Premier Sports on Sky Stream?

They're one of the broadcasters that aren't on Sky Stream.

They're on "normal" Sky, though. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

They've had two channels on Sky for years now, with only a brief intermission when they were renamed to Viaplay. 

As I can’t get Sky Q I elected to get Sky Glass, so they don’t have a channel on that.

I’ll look again for the app, but it wasn’t on Samsung.  Not really keen on buying the year again if it’s just my phone I can watch it on.

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Hopefully it works out like this, quite nice to see Premier Sports take an interest in Scottish football. 

Have to disagree with this, they are clearly only interested really in 2 teams. The rest of us just happen to be here.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Have to disagree with this, they are clearly only interested really in 2 teams. The rest of us just happen to be here.

This deal will probably only have one or two matches involving those teams.

It'll mostly be games like Killie vs Hearts, Aberdeen vs Hibs, St Johnstone vs United that are included. 

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Yes their Scottish cup coverage is frustrating, but they have chosen to pay not insignificant money to televise the group stages of the league cup which will never or very rarely, include the 2 largest team.

Now they have signed another agreement basically to show two of the other 10 teams in the top flight as Sky presumably will continue to be the broadcaster for the old firms away games.

Just now, 101 said:

Yes their Scottish cup coverage is frustrating, but they have chosen to pay not insignificant money to televise the group stages of the league cup which will never or very rarely, include the 2 largest team.

Now they have signed another agreement basically to show two of the other 10 teams in the top flight as Sky presumably will continue to be the broadcaster for the old firms away games.

I hope you are right. I don’t blame them for focusing on the two biggest clubs I just wish they (or anyone) would realise that you could maybe help the overall product by balancing your coverage.

The way it should work next season is that Sky have to show 42 games minimum but have the rights to 60, which is five matches per each ground (plus an extra one at Celtic Park for Flag Day) and Premier have an additional 20 games that are two matches at the ten diddy grounds.

So looking at the first few games of last season expect something like

Spoiler

MD1:
Sat  5 Aug    12:30    Celtic vs Ross County - Sky
Sat  5 Aug    15:00    Dundee vs Motherwell - 
Sat  5 Aug    15:00    Livingston vs Aberdeen
Sat  5 Aug    15:00    St Johnstone vs Hearts
Sat  5 Aug    17:15    Kilmarnock vs Rangers - Sky
Sun  6 Aug    15:00    Hibernian vs St Mirren

MD2:
Sat  12 Aug    15:00    Hearts vs Kilmarnock
Sat  12 Aug    15:00    Rangers vs Livingston
Sat  12 Aug    15:00    Ross County vs St Johnstone
Sat  12 Aug    15:00    St Mirren vs Dundee
Sat  12 Aug    17:30    Motherwell vs Hibernian - Premier
Sun  13 Aug    12:00    Aberdeen vs Celtic - Sky

MD3:
Sat  26 Aug    12:00    Ross County vs Rangers - Sky
Sat  26 Aug    15:00    Celtic vs St Johnstone
Sat  26 Aug    15:00    Hibernian vs Livingston
Sat  26 Aug    15:00    Motherwell vs Kilmarnock
Sun  27 Aug    14:00    St Mirren vs Aberdeen - Premier
Sun  27 Aug    15:00    Dundee vs Hearts

It's only 20 games, but that added with the extra Sky games (if they can be arsed to use them) should mean we'll get two games each week on the TV, and certainly not a repeat of the last few years when there's been some weeks with no matches.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

As I can’t get Sky Q I elected to get Sky Glass, so they don’t have a channel on that.

I’ll look again for the app, but it wasn’t on Samsung.  Not really keen on buying the year again if it’s just my phone I can watch it on.

I’ve got Sky Glass but have Premier Sports through Prime Video…..have to pay for it right enough!!

1 hour ago, Ray Patterson said:

It's only 20 games, but that added with the extra Sky games (if they can be arsed to use them) should mean we'll get two games each week on the TV, and certainly not a repeat of the last few years when there's been some weeks with no matches.

Yes, that in itself will be a win. If Sky do happen to pass a round, Premier will very quickly pick up whatever game involves Celtic or Rangers away.