When are you leaving?

18 hours ago, TeeMan said:

0. Tickets were available to those on less than 12 loyalty points.

13 hours ago, TeeMan said:

My mate on 12 pts got 3 fans first tickets.

3 hours ago, TeeMan said:

Yeah, if you had the full 12 home points then you were in the first buying round. Lower than that as @accies1874 says it was only the more expensive tickets available, which were especially eye watering for the Munich game.

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

My three tickets cost £142 in total.  My Nephews got theirs for £93 for all three (I went for second cheapest for Swiss and Hungary whilst they got Fans First for all three games)  No away games in recent years but all home games and regular SSC renewals had me on 12 points.

Yeah, as per above it was possible to get the cheapest seats having never been to an away game but been available to sit at your PC at 12 noon on the first sales day. Still don't think that was particularly fair and that there should have been a staggering of the first buying round slightly to let the higher points have first go at the cheapest tickets but I imagine those affected probably found a way anyway.

However, it should be noted that it wasn't possible to do so if you'd missed a home game at any point in the previous couple of years or were a member of less than two campaigns standing. Precisely the sort of people with family responsibilities that @GordonS was referring to in the first place. As a result I for instance couldn't get any tickets at all via the SSC, never mind the price. It cost me €300 for the two Hungary tickets I did get at cover price via UEFA.

Ironically having been to every away game since then I'd have comfortably got whatever I wanted now! 😆

I can't really comment on the atmosphere in the stadium compared to outside. Stuttgart on the Saturday night before the Hungary game was superb in the city centre. I never went near the city centre on matchday as we had a hotel near the ground and stayed in that area and inside the stadium we were in a mixed / neutral area with as many Hungarians as Scots in that section at the opposite end of the stadium to the main Scottish support so we weren't amongst it.

On 09/07/2024 at 14:46, Anfield 1977 said:

The first time I became aware of being sung en masse was the first Gibraltar game in Faro which was October 2015 though it was probably sung before then.

So around ten years.

Yep, it was after we failed to qualify for euro 2016 I’m sure. 

A big factor in the atmosphere at most Scotland games these day is the lack of organisation/coordination. Any international or European/ Scottish club team who make any kind of noise has a group leading the rest of the support. I’m sure it won’t be for everyone but it would make a huge difference, especially at Hampden.