Managerial Vacancy

Blantyre Victoria FC are accepting applications for the position of Head Coach/Manager.

In the first instance please forward CV to Duncan Sinclair  Blantyrevics21@hotmail.co.uk  applications will be open until the 21st June.

Any question contact Duncan on 07831327483

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2024 at 17:29, tommytwotapes said:

Blantyre Victoria FC are accepting applications for the position of Head Coach/Manager.

In the first instance please forward CV to Duncan Sinclair  Blantyrevics21@hotmail.co.uk  applications will be open until the 21st June.

Any question contact Duncan on 07831327483

It’s a shame John Gibson has moved on but he has very loyal at Blantyre and likewise the club with him. Hopefully works out for all parties.

12 minutes ago, Bankie boy said:

Pointless posting then lol

Not really, as there was a rumour posted on here that Tony McInally had been offered the job, and my information is that is not correct. It may turn out that my information is duff, time will tell.

1 minute ago, Black Pennel said:

McNally or McInally...that is the question, Horatio. Is it nobler tae offer the job tae young Tony or auld Tony ?

The names may be similar, but they are different people. You might both be wrong.

My information is neither.

On 24/06/2024 at 12:41, glensmad said:

Not really, as there was a rumour posted on here that Tony McInally had been offered the job, and my information is that is not correct. It may turn out that my information is duff, time will tell.

Peter. It wasn't a rumour... Came from the gentleman himself... Apparently the Club have had a change of mind on this appointment for reasons they will explain no doubt. As you will appreciate, there is always another side to an issue in Management... Cast your mind back to Willie Paterson and Scott Smith leaving Glencairn....

24 minutes ago, coach said:

Peter. It wasn't a rumour... Came from the gentleman himself... Apparently the Club have had a change of mind on this appointment for reasons they will explain no doubt. As you will appreciate, there is always another side to an issue in Management... Cast your mind back to Willie Paterson and Scott Smith leaving Glencairn....

I have no doubt that you trust Tony's word and I have no reason to doubt it. Similarly I have no reason to doubt the other information that I have, and it has proven to be correct. I doubt Blantyre will explain reasons for a change of mind, if that is what has happened, there is no need for them to do so. All they should have to do is announce who their new manager will be.

I'm unsure what Paterson and Smith leaving Glencairn over 14 years ago has got to do with this matter, and it's not a debate I really want to get into as that's all deep in history now and the people involved have long since moved on.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I have no doubt that you trust Tony's word and I have no reason to doubt it. Similarly I have no reason to doubt the other information that I have, and it has proven to be correct. I doubt Blantyre will explain reasons for a change of mind, if that is what has happened, there is no need for them to do so. All they should have to do is announce who their new manager will be.

I'm unsure what Paterson and Smith leaving Glencairn over 14 years ago has got to do with this matter, and it's not a debate I really want to get into as that's all deep in history now and the people involved have long since moved on.

Re Blantyre Appointment. Could be linked to matters outside of football. And on Paterson and Smith, we both know exactly what happened. You certainly have went to different levels in the game since those years ago ☹️ 

2 minutes ago, coach said:

Re Blantyre Appointment. Could be linked to matters outside of football. And on Paterson and Smith, we both know exactly what happened. You certainly have went to different levels in the game since those years ago ☹️ 

As I said, I have no desire to re-visit that matter. It was 14 years ago and everyone has moved on.

On 25/06/2024 at 16:20, tommytwotapes said:

Blantyre Victoria Fc can announce that Ross Wilson with his backroom team have been appointed as Team Manager

Ross Wilson stepped in and helped the Burgh as assistant manager to Tommy Montgomery when Jamie McKim was bagged.

Good luck to him.

Edited by TediousTom