The Home Guard

18 minutes ago, Pocketman said:

I always hum and haw about where to watch around Byres Road. Tennent's probably my favourite but is always packed for big games. I hate Curlers and The Rock is a last resort for me. The Record Factory is probably my next preferred option or maybe Gallus. Heading the other way along GWR, at one point I quite liked The Crafty Pig and their wee booths but no idea what the set up is there or even what it is called now. Cooper's I place firmly in The Rock camp.....

Now meeting a couple of pals in Rock after work haha Probably head home to watch the game though.

3 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Pacing back and forth in my apartment in Amsterdam with a stein full of German beer in the vain hope of making time go quicker.

Hmm, don't peak too early.   

On 13/06/2024 at 13:39, Alert Mongoose said:

I'm going to set up a 'tinderesque' dating app specifically for P&B wives who are lonely on account of their partner buggering off to Germany.

I’m not even in Germany but my wife is interested. If it keeps her out of my hair for the night I’m ok with it. Just to manage her future expectations can you pair her up with someone who is not ‘long in the shower’?

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

Pacing back and forth in my apartment in Amsterdam with a stein full of German beer in the vain hope of making time go quicker.

When we beat France in France, I was on bottles of French red wine and Brandy. It worked. The key is quantity. Got dropped home that night in a police van and if I’d gone easy on the French booze we almost certainly would have lost or I’d have had to spend some of my 125/1 McFadden/1-0 winnings on a taxi. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Warning up in the bath with some Jaegermeister. Intae these Teutonic Twats Scotland! 

Please tell me you've wearing water wings or have a lifeguard close by.

1 hour ago, Pocketman said:

I always hum and haw about where to watch around Byres Road. Tennent's probably my favourite but is always packed for big games. I hate Curlers and The Rock is a last resort for me. The Record Factory is probably my next preferred option or maybe Gallus. Heading the other way along GWR, at one point I quite liked The Crafty Pig and their wee booths but no idea what the set up is there or even what it is called now. Cooper's I place firmly in The Rock camp.....

I used to like the teuchter pub just off W Princes St, dunno if it's still there. Otherwise I always found pubs in that area far too infested with students, even when I was one myself.