Guests in the Junior Cup

3 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

How dare we provide opportunities for our players to play competitive football.

If there's an alternative competition you suggest we play in instead (we already take part in the Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup, EoS League Cup and EoS Qualifying Cup), I'd be interested to hear.

That's all fair and well, but I hope you aren't expecting punters to pay full price (minus the SJFA's cut) to watch a reserve side play.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Why do you need an alternative competition?  The Junior Cup is a Saturday competition, your Saturdays will be filled by EoS competitions.

Make up for the one we're losing from 23/24 (King Cup) and give players more chances to play games.

Just now, Spyro said:

That's all fair and well, but I hope you aren't expecting punters to pay full price (minus the SJFA's cut) to watch a reserve side play.

It wouldn't be a 'reserve' side. They play on Fridays in the Development League.

1 minute ago, Dunipace FC said:

Make up for the one we're losing from 23/24 (King Cup) and give players more chances to play games.

Your Saturdays will be filled by the EoS fixtures secretary, your midweeks can be filled with friendlies if you want additional games.

Do you think you'll get allocated 5 free Saturdays August-December to play in the Junior Cup?

Just now, Burnieman said:

Your Saturdays will be filled by the EoS fixtures secretary, your midweeks can be filled with friendlies if you want additional games.

Do you think you'll get allocated 5 free Saturdays August-December to play in the Junior Cup?

Why play friendlies when you can play actual competitive games?

If not, I'm sure we've enough free midweeks

Just now, Dunipace FC said:

You'll already be playing competitive games on a Saturday, and the vast majority of clubs in the Junior Cup don't have lights.  Midweek away in Aberdeenshire?

7 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

As a fan, I would be hoping my club put all their resources in to ensuring we were well equipped to play in the top tier of the East of Scotland for the first time, rather than try to squeeze in a cup competition from the past. Maybe Dunipace, as a club, think they will take the Premier League by storm having won Division one last season. Time will tell.

22 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

As a fan, I would be hoping my club put all their resources in to ensuring we were well equipped to play in the top tier of the East of Scotland for the first time, rather than try to squeeze in a cup competition from the past. Maybe Dunipace, as a club, think they will take the Premier League by storm having won Division one last season. Time will tell.

So...what we're doing then? The league is very much the main priority. Playing in the JC doesn't change that, just as playing in the Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup or the League Cup doesn't.

33 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You'll already be playing competitive games on a Saturday, and the vast majority of clubs in the Junior Cup don't have lights.  Midweek away in Aberdeenshire?

Thankfully, football can be played on days other than Saturday.

Rather than a midweek away in Aberdeenshire, we could end up with a midweek at home.

8 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

Is a midweek in Aberdeenshire any worse for us than a midweek trip to Coldstream, Vale of Leithen or Tweedmouth?

I think he is referring to you having to play mandatory EoS sanctioned games on Saturdays, and rearranging JC games to midweek won't work as your opposition will more than likely not have lights and even if possible the SJFA won't want to miss out on a share of a Saturday gate... 

But I'm sure you have factored all this in and not just expecting your East of Scotland opposition to move their games to midweek so you can compete in an extra cup

Edited by Spyro

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

They'll get a bye in first round and the second round could be paired with Sauchie to arrange a free Saturday - so not quite 5, though with a postponement or two it could well be.

17 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

Thankfully, football can be played on days other than Saturday.

Rather than a midweek away in Aberdeenshire, we could end up with a midweek at home.

I'm not sure you're getting it - you won't have a midweek Junior Cup game, if you get through the second round you'll be drawn against a team from outside your region and told to play on Saturday 19th October by the SJFA. Your opponents won't agree to an alternative date, your EOS Premier opponents won't either, so what then?

1 hour ago, Dunipace FC said:

Its not really how it works with the King Cup. It was usually 3rd on the list of priorities to be played. Its why it can be all nice and neat to start the season. Then games have to be played and the withdrawals start happening.

Last year the King Cup dates were

18/11 - SCC, EoS Qualifying, King

25/11 - Scottish, EoS Qualifying, King

20/01 - Scottish, EoS Qualifying, King

03/02 - SCC, EoS Qualifying, King

10/02 - Scottish, King (Premier had full fixture list)

09/03 - Scottish, King, Reserve Date for league fixtures

28/04 - King Cup final

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

They'll get a bye in first round and the second round could be paired with Sauchie to arrange a free Saturday - so not quite 5, though with a postponement or two it could well be.

I'm not sure you're getting it - you won't have a midweek Junior Cup game, if you get through the second round you'll be drawn against a team from outside your region and told to play on Saturday 19th October by the SJFA. Your opponents won't agree to an alternative date, your EOS Premier opponents won't either, so what then?

Then the SJFA need to come up with a date that fits around existing league fixtures.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I think he is referring to you having to play mandatory EoS sanctioned games on Saturdays, and rearranging JC games to midweek won't work as your opposition will more than likely not have lights and even if possible the SJFA won't want to miss out on a share of a Saturday gate... 

But I'm sure you have factored all this in and not just expecting your East of Scotland opposition to move their games to midweek so you can compete in an extra cup

Why would we expect EOS opposition to move games?

6 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

Why would we expect EOS opposition to move games?

So you are expecting the SJFA to move your cup games to midweek? When most of the teams in the cup don't have lights

Edited by Spyro

I can just see the Dufftown management having to explain to his players they need to go down to Denny on a Wednesday night for a game because they can't play on Saturdays 😂

5 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

Then the SJFA need to come up with a date that fits around existing league fixtures.

They won't. That's why Camelon had to withdraw from the second round last season as they were due to play K&D in the league on the same day.