Germany v Scotland

1 minute ago, Tattie-bogle said:

Not one tackle all night in midfield. Just stand off and watch them play.

And then we celebrate a pity goal like we have won the bloody thing is a fucking embarrassment.

Absolute Scottish subservient mentally summed up in a 90min masterclass 

Absolutely correct,  what we will always get with current management team.  Total imposters every one, the ONLY thing we had to avoid today was a doing that brought goal difference into play , so what did we get , UM !!!!

I can't think what the discussion was that resulted in Gilmour not starting,  must have involved some serious substances

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

If you have two better centre halves then drop tierney, if not then tierney plays

Scotland literally play 3 at the back so both Robertson and tierney can play, no matter if the system is rotten for the rest of the team 

On the whole having both Tierney and Robertson in our team has been good for us

especially with Hickey , or Paterson , on the right

Porteous usually plays in a back three for Watford

7 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Mcgregor isnt good enough at this level, also why wasn't max Johnston even looked at given he's played something like 20 games for sturm graz this season 

Max Johnston has started a grand total of 2 games for Sturm Graz in the league this season. Why on earth would he be any where near this Scotland squad!?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Was saying to my dad before the game that I'd be playing Christie as a false 9 purely to be a pest and that would allow Gilmour and McGregor to play in the heart of our midfield and I can't help but thinking that would've been far better than what we ended up with.

Can we call up SODs please, Ralston is absolute fucking toture.

What would Christie have given us as an out ball that Adams didn't?  Running a bit more? 

Right back is a serious serious problem. Any time we had the ball tonight Germany showed us on to Ralston and then pressed the f**k out of him. Gave Switzerland and Hungary the blueprint of how to play us. 

It's a shame Calvin Ramsey is wasting his time as a Liverpool prospect. He's got no real chance of making it there.. It was a great financial move for him and he'll have made some progress being there, but his lack of games isn't helping his development.. Ramsey at a different club and starting to play regularly means Ralson simply isn't in Germany unless he has a match ticket.

A few young players who could develop into very good players, but who need to be playing first team football somewhere in the near future. Ben Doak is another, although missing through injury regardless.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We were really poor tonight but plenty of games where that system has serves us very well.

Who would you play as the 2 centre backs?

Again i dont know, he watches them more than any of us, the system served scotland well at times, and at times its been shite as well, the germans have kroos pulling ths strings behind arguably 3 of the current best and on form attacking mids in the world, the midfield badly needed bulked up not the backline who had one striker to mark

Mccoist called it from the first 5 mins, the back 3 didnt know wether to step up to the men or stay in line and let them drop into the pockets, infact after 2mins they almost got caught with a runner in behind cause no one knew who was to pick them up 

I get that players getting sent off get caned but I do feelma bit sorry for Porteous, it was only 2-0 so he absolutely had to make that tackle to stop.a goal, he just didn't have the distance to avoid getting sent off when making it.  

He would be getting just as much stick if he had just allowed a tap in so he could play in the other games.  

Total no win situation for him there. 

1 minute ago, Coooombe said:

Right back is a serious serious problem. Any time we had the ball tonight Germany showed us on to Ralston and then pressed the f**k out of him. Gave Switzerland and Hungary the blueprint of how to play us. 

Aye, very clear they targeted our right side. Which begs the question why did we keep giving Ralston the ball when we've got Tierney and Robertson on the other side.

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

Yes. Which is about 100% more than Adams gave us.

I'd have gone with a midfield 3 of McGinn, Gilmour and McTominey. I'd have started with Shankland up front and Adams playing off him.  

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Max Johnston has started a grand total of 2 games for Sturm Graz in the league this season. Why on earth would he be any where near this Scotland squad!?

He's played 200 minutes more than ralston did all last season

4 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Aye, very clear they targeted our right side. Which begs the question why did we keep giving Ralston the ball when we've got Tierney and Robertson on the other side.

Simply, they marked Robertson and didn't mark Ralston, which meant we didn't really have a choice. Then as soon as the ball got near Ralston their left back was up his arse, Musiala jumped on to Porteous and Gundogan jumped on to McGregor so he had no one easy to pass to. It's clear as day that Ralston doesn't have the ability to play his way out of that and to be fair to them Germany pressed brilliantly. 

Edited by Coooombe

Meh. We were miles off it. Germany streets ahead of us. If they'd needed to win by seven they would have.

Gunn's not good enough. He's at fault for 1st and 5th, and the one where offside saved us. But we dont have anyone better. Gordon is capable but he's 40 and his club manager didnt give him the games to get sharp. I'd play Clark v Switzerland but its unlikely to make much odds.

Ralston looks the 3rd choice right back he is but we dont have anyone better.  Porteous is a liability. That challenge is criminal but again, much as I like Hanley, he's not at a level currently to be much better. 

Our much vaunted midfield was awol tonight. Gilmour should have played but we'd still have lost. We're an absolute mile behind the levels of Musiala, Gundogan and Wurz. 

It is what it is. I hoped we'd be more competitive but we're miles off Germany. We can only hope they do the same to Hungary and then their 2nd string do it to the Swiss. 4 points still gets us through. 3 probably now doesnt. Must get something wednesday or I'm travelling to a desd rubber next weekend......

54 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Presumably because Germany set up so that our easiest option was to give the ball to a poorer  player on our weaker side.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Yes. Which is about 100% more than Adams gave us.

Dunno if you were there or watching TV but there was a point Adams half heartedly chased a ball down to our attacking right, they moved the ball on and he just...stood still for 30 seconds.  

It's hilarious he gets talked a about as this selfless workhorse forward. 

Conway would have headless chickened more for us or Shankland would have taken in a low number (20%?) of those balls coming forward that Adams can't get near or control.  It was just setting us up to fail.  

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Over 500 of those minutes were playing for the B/reserve team in the 2nd tier of Austrian football.

Its still minutes, ralston isnt exactly at a good level either, and its not like we dont know ralston is shite

Would it have been that bad to try the boy whos clearly got some prospects than play ralston