Callum McGregor

3 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

He’s been miles off it since his injury. That’s all there is to it tbh. His best days are quite possibly behind him. He’s had a lot of good games for Celtic in Europe in the past, but I think we’ll look to replace him soon.

Also the ‘protected in Scotland’ thing is deranged, bottom of the barrel FollowFollow nonsense  

Not really, the rest of supporters of teams that play against celtc have witnessed first hand how many fouls he gets away with without being booked all the time.    That doesn't happen in Europe as there's no biasedness towards your club in they games. 

Must have been playing for Celtic when we beat Spain because he was outstanding.

Don't think he did much wrong tonight but he is the wrong side of 30 so we will see the back of him soon enough.

Only then will be truly appreciated 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not really, the rest of supporters of teams that play against celtc have witnessed first hand how many fouls he gets away with without being booked all the time.    That doesn't happen in Europe as there's no biasedness towards your club in they games. 

He’s had 3 yellow cards in 11 seasons of European football and one yellow card in 62 appearances for Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

McGinn was out of position, Robertson doesn't look fit and Armstrong isn't good enough either probably the reason he was punted by Southampton last month.  At least Armstrong was punted after Germany while McGregor seems to be untouchable. 

Haha. 

55 minutes ago, Kadouken_ said:

Bizarrely seems to be getting made the scapegoat for this tournament which doesn’t make any sense. 

It just is what it is.

Scott McTominay Is the Manchester United scapegoat. Before him it was Darren Fletcher.

Gareth Southgate Is the scapegoat for England.

It appears that McGregor Is the scapegoat for Scotland.

If people want to single out individuals and pile on. Fine. That's their perogative.

We scored one legit goal and McGregor set it up.

Football Is a team game. You win as a team and you lose as a team.

I'd rather just be positive and move on. :)

Edited by Chripper

5 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

He’s had 3 yellow cards in 11 seasons of European football and one yellow card in 62 appearances for Scotland.

Last season he was booked once in how many champions league games?  6?  He was booked three times the whole of last season in the league that wasn't games against your bigot brothers. 

Season before 4 in all league and cup games, once against non-bigoted teams.

Season before that, 2 bookings in Europe, 2 bookings the whole season against non-bigots.

Protected and gets away with tackle after tackle domestically, yes. 

23 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Celtic have been massive, massive under achievers in Europe for years, **** have even been a lot better.  Who has been in the centre of that midfield all that time?

Aye so he did.  Not one club have bid for him, you wonder why?  It could have improved him when he was younger but he's simply not good enough for the EPL.  Too slow, too weak and not got enough ability.

Christie would have suited the Scottish midfield better this tournament, put McGinn back into the role he plays for Villa and get Mcgregor out the team.  Billy Gilmour even got dropped ahead of the guy that offers absolutely nothing to the team. 

Yes, and we've had far bigger issues in that regard than McGregor. 

From the horses mouth. At his best he was clearly good enough to play in that league. Certainly not at the top, but I'm not having it that he wasn't good enough to play in a league where Ryan Christie just played almost every minute of a full season. I've watched them both plenty for Celtic and Scotland, and no Celtic fan would ever rate Christie anywhere near McGregor as a player. 

For offering nothing, in the last two Euros he's both scored and assisted for Scotland - I'd be surprised if any other player in the squad exceeded that contribution. And FYI, I don't think he's played well at all this tournament, but no one else has either.
Edited by ArtemisClydeFrog

5 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

McTominay was anonymous, Christie and Armstrong were dreadful when they came on, McGinn has flattered to deceive for going on 2 years now

All of them were better than McGregor. 

Just now, ArtemisClydeFrog said:

From the horses mouth. At his best he was clearly good enough to play in that league. Certainly not at the top, but I'm not having it that he wasn't good enough to play in a league where Ryan Christie just played almost every minute of a full season. I've watched them both plenty for Celtic and Scotland, and no Celtic fan would ever rate Christie anywhere near McGregor as a player. 

For offering nothing, in the last two Euros he's both scored and assisted for Scotland - I'd be surprised if any other player in the squad exceeded that contribution. And FYI, I don't think he's played well at all this tournament, but no one else has either.

I don't think McGregor would get a game at Bournemouth.  Christie does.  

5 minutes ago, ArtemisClydeFrog said:

This. He's a good player and he could play EPL. Better footballer than Christie, Armstrong imo.

I think McGregor was OK tonight, he did play some good forward passes. I thought gilmour played back more than he did.

He's had excellent performances against England, Serbia, Denmark and Spain and has been a class act for us for the past three years, so imo it's absolute horeshit to claim that he's not up to 'international level.' He's not playing as well as he once was and has looked exposed in this tournament in the Champions League, but come on, why is he the one getting a thread started about him?

It’s a crying shame Callum wasn’t fit enough to make the squad for the Euros and had to be left at home. The influence he brings to the game has been sadly missing this campaign.  Here’s hoping he continues to rest during the summer break and comes back refreshed to dominate the new season. 

I agree with those who think McGregor is fine and up to International football and I hope he remains a big part of the Scotland team for the Nations League and beyond as I'm sure he will.

Edited by 2426255

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

I agree with those who think McGregor is fine and up to International football and I hope he remains a big part of the Scotland team for the Nations League and beyond as I'm sure he will.

not sure about beyond, another year or two at a push

I wouldn't be removing him from the squad but I'd start to play McGinn in his position more.  Thought he was one of the few players who was largely ok in the euros.  

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I wouldn't be removing him from the squad but I'd start to play McGinn in his position more.  Thought he was one of the few players who was largely ok in the euros.  

McGinn had his best game tonight, he was on the cusp of making something happen for us which is something he hadn't done in the previous two games. He was turning their defenders, winning free kicks, holding the ball up to get us up the pitch, created a few chances then he was taken off by Clarke. Really was baffling

Edited by Butters Scotch