Scotland's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Scotland's next permanent manager?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yeah, it should take a really exceptional set of circumstances for a manager not to be sacked immediately for failing to qualify for a 24 team Euros. It was mortifying that Strachan was rewarded with a new contract after doing so.

Getting to a World Cup is obviously much harder, but Euros qualification every time should simply be the minimum expectation for Scotland now.

Exactly this. Scotland *should* be qualifying for the Euros now given the expansion. 

I fear part of the reason Clarke doesn't seem to be under any pressure despite an utterly dismal showing in Germany and the dreadful run of form, is that he has qualified for the last two tournaments and this is seen as a big achievement due to us missing ten tournaments in a row. In that time the Euros has been expanded and Scotland really should be looking to qualify for it. I'd put the difficulty of qualifying for the World Cup and the 16 team Euros as being roughly on par with each other, but qualification for the 24 team Euros is much easier. Not making the Euros should see the manager being under serious pressure. Making the Euros and then embarassing the country by being totally shit ought also to be a point of reflection.  

Edited by Michael W

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Exactly this. Scotland *should* be qualifying for the Euros now given the expansion. 

I fear part of the reason Clarke doesn't seem to be under any pressure despite an utterly dismal showing in Germany and the dreadful run of form, is that he has qualified for the last two tournaments and this is seen as a big achievement due to us missing ten tournaments in a row. In that time the Euros has been expanded and Scotland really should be looking to qualify for it. I'd put the difficulty of qualifying for the World Cup and the 16 team Euros as being roughly on par with each other, but qualification for the 24 team Euros is much easier. Not making the Euros should see the manager being under serious pressure. Making the Euros and then embarassing the country by being totally shit ought also to be a point of reflection.  

What's interesting is when this counter point is made regarding clarkes 2 qualifications and how it's now easier. Nothing is ever argued back in return. 

But 3 posts later you get "he's qualified for 2 euros" 🤣

On 07/09/2024 at 17:27, Old Bing said:

Here's your manager right here Dan Electro, he's met the criteria laid out 🤣

Lived in three different parts of China. Established a fizzy drinks factory in Bangladesh. However, the thought of working with the blazers would emotionally ruin me forever.

8 hours ago, Dan Electro said:

Lived in three different parts of China. Established a fizzy drinks factory in Bangladesh. However, the thought of working with the blazers would emotionally ruin me forever.

Thanks for telling us.

18 hours ago, Dan Electro said:

Dan Son Electrolyte