24th out of 24

Posted (edited)
On 03/07/2024 at 12:55, allyo said:

We have got equivalent results, but never by scoring a dramatic late goal.

Mo Johnston's penalty v Sweden in 1990 would qualify for me.

Yes it put us 2-0 up after 82 minutes but it was nevertheless dramatic given that Sweden had been pressing for an equaliser beforehand, and subsequently scored a couple of minutes later.

Ask anyone else who was there that night.

Edited by Barney Rubble

I disagree with the above. Much of it. I don't go to away games, but those who do, and who did in Germany, gave incredible support for the team, sang FoS in a way that brought tears and shivers. It's not their fault the team were too rubbish to be inspired by it.

We can be proud that they went there and didn't chuck plastic seats around or pick fights. Yes, they enjoyed themselves. Why should they be miserable all thr time because their team is mince, something we all know anyway and has always been true? It doesn't mean they don't want better. We all do, but as Scotland supporters we have no influence at all on how our national team is prepared, set up, managed, organised. That's up to the leading lights of Scottish football, the clubs, the SFA and the SPFL. And they don't care.

So our team is rubbish, always will be, but we give our support anyway.

I hope we're not going to turn into England supporters with that entitlement to win and, when we don't, greeting about 'XX years of hurt' then smashing windaes and picking fights with forners.

Rant over.

5 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Our support is generally very good, but having a small element of hard-core ultras willing to get in about it and provide a menacing edge certainly wouldn't go amiss. I'm not talking full-scale brawls, but at least a few projectiles, roughing some people up etc.

I really don't see what that would improve.

7 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Our support is generally very good, but having a small element of hard-core ultras willing to get in about it and provide a menacing edge certainly wouldn't go amiss. I'm not talking full-scale brawls, but at least a few projectiles, roughing some people up etc.

We'd need to bring some experience. Maybe give some club mobs a run out under a tartan banner.

2 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I really don't see what that would improve.

I really think you've been woooshed...

16 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Is this what you had in mind?

You Cannae Push Yer Granny Off The Bus Box Top