What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

13 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Leonard strikes me as someone who has never seen a game of football in his life.

You go and f**k yourself, I completely agree!

Spoiler

This may or may not have something to do with me being designated a key worker

5 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

lol no she isn't you dipshits

What annoys me about that is they didn't bother to correct/clarify it. Sorry, we meant the first leader of A British union, specifically UNISON, not any fucking union.

On 04/01/2021 at 13:23, Fullerene said:

I would agree with that.  During the Cold War, any country that wanted more teachers and more nurses was perceived as a communist threat.  In America, some people will call you a communist if you want to improve the life of anyone poor.

At the same time I recognise that virtually every communist country was seen as awful.   A lot of that was to do with suspicion and paranoia that was on the go all the time.

If the Labour Party spends all its time saying "we could great things if only millions of people weren't against us"- well that is what the communists kept saying.  I am simply saying tone down the paranoia even if some of it is valid.

Can't argue with that. The problem is how factional it all is. My opinion is that there are very good people, and very bad people, on all sides of the party. Some want the party to do well whoever's in charge, and some want to wreck the party from within, and will join whatever faction they feel will best help them achieve that. This is where Corbyn failed - he should have been the one to sort the house out. Labour's Bruce Rioche if you will, the one who would set the party on its way to winning under a subsequent leader. Instead he turned a blind eye and focussed on well, Corbynism. Every leader thinks they're the messiah who the party will get back in under. 

This is deeply irrelevant but one time when I was younger I was a winner in some parliament competition that my maw made me enter coz my sister was a winner in the year before and  I only did it based on the premise I would get the latest Rangers top (I was 11-15) 

We went to number 10 and met the Scottish speaker dude and some MPs, everyone was gassed for David Miliband funnily enough.. I tripped up when getting the commons tour because I was distracted by worms on my phone and I eventually met Tony Blair. I got the chance to ask him a question, I was going to ask what his favourite football team was but the other winners had questions before me and asked mad political shit to do with the good Friday agreement and similarly lofty topics and I shat out of it.

If I ever learn how to post photos on here I will share a fat 11-15 year old Stormzy meeting the big Blair and looking very awkward. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

This is deeply irrelevant but one time when I was younger I was a winner in some parliament competition that my maw made me enter coz my sister was a winner in the year before and  I only did it based on the premise I would get the latest Rangers top (I was 11-15) 

We went to number 10 and met the Scottish speaker dude and some MPs, everyone was gassed for David Miliband funnily enough.. I tripped up when getting the commons tour because I was distracted by worms on my phone and I eventually met Tony Blair. I got the chance to ask him a question, I was going to ask what his favourite football team was but the other winners had questions before me and asked mad political shit to do with the good Friday agreement and similarly lofty topics and I shat out of it.

If I ever learn how to post photos on here I will share a fat 11-15 year old Stormzy meeting the big Blair and looking very awkward. 

Some people will never forgive him for being a Newcastle United fan.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Regarding all this Labour infighting/factionalism how does the Co-op party fit into everything?

Soft left. Talk a good game and usually don't back it up. Think Paul Sweeney was a Labour/ Co-op MP if that helps clarify.

Labour have moved from a (supposedly) unelectable leader to one who has more chance of being elected but who will do fùck all of significance if he is.  The Republican/Democrat comparison has never been more apt.

We MUST extricate ourselves from this political cesspit.