What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

55 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Labour are now opposing granting Pritti Palpatine emergency powers. They are fucking hopeless. 

From what I gather Angela Rayner, David Lammy and multiple other MPs announcing the volte-face meant they were directly contradicting the justice spokesperson's position of abstention from just a couple of hours earlier. Laughable stuff. 

Edited by NotThePars

Further to my 'troll' post of a few weeks ago where I said it may be time to have another look at Scottish Labour... having done so and having also seen Douglas Ross for a while now...I have decided to vote for... neither.

Or vote at all, in fact.

Ever.

Again.

Edited by St-ow!
Goood night.

1 hour ago, St-ow! said:

Further to my 'troll' post of a few weeks ago where I said it may be time to have another look at Scottish Labour... having done so and having also seen Douglas Ross for a while now...I have decided to vote for... neither.

Or vote at all, in fact.

Ever.

Again.

I don't necessarily agree with you but this is an excellent post. Ty

I have probably said this before but I was a Labour member until 2003. I was in the local branch and the CLP, attended the Scottish conferences. After the Iraq invasion I left the party and, thinking back, have never voted for them since. Here in Scotland we have the spectrum without them: a centrist party in government, a right-wing party in opposition (Tories), a left-wing party in opposition (Greens), the Liberals (another party with no point) - why do we need Labour any more?

I always thought I was generally Labour supporting, but that was because at a UK level it's them or the Tories. I would still prefer a Labour administration in Whitehall to a Tory one, but there my support ends. Corbyn put me right off - he was fighting old battles again.

Sarwar and Starmer - doesn't exactly make me excited for a new red future. 

23 minutes ago, Arsenal till I die said:

You've gotta hand it to Starmer. Only the 1st leader to make me miss Blair is capable of turning the name of a Pie and Bovril thread into the title of an Owen Jones video. I wonder if the Northern Independence Party is standing in the Durham County Council election. 

Just for you:

tonyblair02.jpg

On 16/03/2021 at 15:01, scottsdad said:

I have probably said this before but I was a Labour member until 2003. I was in the local branch and the CLP, attended the Scottish conferences. After the Iraq invasion I left the party and, thinking back, have never voted for them since. Here in Scotland we have the spectrum without them: a centrist party in government, a right-wing party in opposition (Tories), a left-wing party in opposition (Greens), the Liberals (another party with no point) - why do we need Labour any more?

I always thought I was generally Labour supporting, but that was because at a UK level it's them or the Tories. I would still prefer a Labour administration in Whitehall to a Tory one, but there my support ends. Corbyn put me right off - he was fighting old battles again.

Sarwar and Starmer - doesn't exactly make me excited for a new red future. 

I left before Blair became PM, saw the writing on the wall.  His involvement in Iraq was the affirmation that my decision had been spot on.

There must be serious disillusionment of Starmer by that small number of LP members who consider themselves left of centre.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Just for you:

tonyblair02.jpg

I know, it's terrible. But Starmer is something else. At least Blair wanted to win and at least Labour portrayed themselves as a left wing party that was making some concessions to get into government. These days they portray themselves as a party who see left wing as an insult. Blair is a shape shifter, the Blair of 97 got some things right however dishonest his long game.

On 19/03/2021 at 15:16, NotThePars said:

I enjoy every one of these

The best bit about Wrexham is that the North East is usually Labour/Tory marginal. Few Welsh speakers, scouse accent (not the most Tory accent, I know), Brexit voting, and yet the Tories couldn't even make the top 2. And they can't even blame a goal being wrongly disallowed for offside, despite it being Wrexham...

On 19/03/2021 at 16:25, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The selection process for the Hartlepool by election seems to have gone well.

Never thought I’d want the Tories to win but it would honestly be the best thing for Labour.  Starmer is destroying any chance of a fight back in England and the sooner he’s bumped the better.