What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Counterfactual history - Rather than launching his defamation case Tommy Sheridan doesn't comment on any questions about the article Avar Khan wrote about an unnamed MSP in the News of the World.  The number of SSP MSPs reduces in the 2007 election but their vote only drops by 50%, reducing the number of SNP MSPs elected on the list by 2 or 3.  This gives the Labour and Liberal Democrats a wafer thin majority in the Parliament, leading to the 3rd consecutive Labour-led Executive. 

A different universe.

I used to enjoy the alternate history forum, where folk would do stuff like this, then run with it for years, making up maps and Wikipedia pages for their timelines. A couple of the best ones were a timeline where NATO accidentally bombs a nuclear power plant during the break up of Yugoslavia and one during the cold war where an anti colonial pan African movement backed by the USSR causes a full scale war across the continent.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

When they come close to losing Hartlepool this will intensify.

And what do the sore losers want to happen? 

Keir to resign and to put in Richard Burgon? 😂 

The boil has been lanced and now they're just sniping from the sidelines, i am honestly close to believing that that fraction of the party has zero interest in ever forming a government, they enjoy protest politics but aren't coy enough to game votes from the centre. 

Its a weird one with starmer. He's obviously not stupid and showed as shadow brexit secretary that he was a reasonably competent politician, if not particularly exciting. His first few showings at PMQs were pretty good.

Either hes attempting to play a long game on the assumption that the public wouldn't be as interested in politicking during the pandemic and particularly when the vaccine rollout is going well or he genuinely doesn't have a clue what Labour should stand for and just thought not being a tory or Jeremy corbyn would be enough.

Sarwar saw the bear trap and side-stepped it quickly. Douglas Ross getting the Better Together gang back again is a way of coalescing the pro-union votes around the Tories. Having seen how this destroyed Labour in Scotland in 2014, Sarwar was wise to tell him to stuff it. 

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Sarwar saw the bear trap and side-stepped it quickly. Douglas Ross getting the Better Together gang back again is a way of coalescing the pro-union votes around the Tories. Having seen how this destroyed Labour in Scotland in 2014, Sarwar was wise to tell him to stuff it. 

They also call out the SNP everyday for saying they are only interested in Indy. If there was a better together roadshow 2 the only policy would be preserving the status quo which isn't a good look after Brexit,the mismanagement of covid and the nepotism and law breaking by the Westminster government.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

lol I'm moving there in about 3 weeks. Think she'll be my MP as well. It's a long way from Patrick Topping playing Labour rallies and giving the town two Labour MPs in 2017.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

lol I'm moving there in about 3 weeks. Think she'll be my MP as well. It's a long way from Patrick Topping playing Labour rallies and giving the town two Labour MPs in 2017.

She says she's not racist, she's just too stupid to know what "incursion" means.

She's also the Shadow Equalities Minister. So that's all good.

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

She says she's not racist, she's just too stupid to know what "incursion" means.

She's also the Shadow Equalities Minister. So that's all good.

I don't believe her.

1 minute ago, Pato said:

Like most normal people I turned the sound down on Duncan Hothersall in 2014, so when I saw his face pop up I just thought to myself, jesus 6 years of posting thist stuff online ages you.

I have no idea who he is.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

This definitely seems like a Twitter issue rather than a general electorate issue. 

The leaflet or Hothersall? If it's the latter then yeah, no one has heard of him outside of twitter.

If you're meaning the leaflet, I'd say any major political party printing leaflets talking about incursions by an ethnic minority and talking themselves up for how they're going to deal with said minority should be an issue to everyone who isn't a racist, because that is appalling and overtly fascist rhetoric.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The leaflet or Hothersall? If it's the latter then yeah, no one has heard of him outside of twitter.

If you're meaning the leaflet, I'd say any major political party printing leaflets talking about incursions by an ethnic minority and talking themselves up for how they're going to deal with said minority should be an issue to everyone who isn't a racist, because that is appalling and overtly fascist rhetoric.

"Should" doing the heavy lifting in your post.

I wonder how many travellers vote, that would make some interesting reading.