What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

2 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Tedious sh*te is continually peddling the line that Humza is actually a great guy, who is on the cusp of leading Scotland to Independece, that the whole media is united to 'get' the SNP, and of course, that's its 'all Westminster's fault' as we essentially have no powers to make choices ourselves..pretty much a summary of most pro-SNP posts

There is of course a middle ground where it's possible to see Starmer for the Tory that he is while also recognising the major faults with the SNP.

8 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

So you are suggesting that I am, in fact, a Tory now? Gold

Let me explain to you how this forum works.

If you aren’t vociferous in your support for the SNP, or willing to excuse every action of the SNP or blame the tories for everything that’s wrong in the world…

…you will be labelled a tory.

I’m fully expecting a deluge of red dots and accusations of being more right wing than Priti Patel for even daring to state this.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

If you aren’t vociferous in your support for the SNP, or willing to excuse every action of the SNP or blame the tories for everything that’s wrong in the world…

I’m fully expecting a deluge of red dots and accusations of being more right wing than Priti Patel for even daring to state this.

Think you have nailed it there.

4 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Tedious sh*te is continually peddling the line that Humza is actually a great guy, who is on the cusp of leading Scotland to Independece

The only thing I've seen him praised for was his Gaza stance. Otherwise it has all been criticism.

Edited by Freedom Farter

10 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Tedious sh*te is continually peddling the line that Humza is actually a great guy, who is on the cusp of leading Scotland to Independece, that the whole media is united to 'get' the SNP, and of course, that's its 'all Westminster's fault' as we essentially have no powers to make choices ourselves..pretty much a summary of most pro-SNP posts

I've called him 'Hapless Humza'. Seems like a nice guy but incompetent and unlucky.

Apart from The National, which nobody reads, the SNP do actually face a universally hostile media, yet keep managing to get elected. Labour dahn saff are forever whingeing about the RightWing press keeping them out of power, even though they have the likes of the Mirror and Graun on-side.

And as for powers, you, and the rest of Labour, believe that if England vote Tory, even for a Johnson or Braverman Tory Party, in Scotland we should just suck it up  just as you believe we should suck up, say, Brexit, because that's what the Union is all about.

So, if I may say so before the Lord, you are misrepresenting the views of other posters and telling fibs.

I'm pro-independence and Labour can chuff right off until they see sense. The SNP are deeply flawed but at least they support our right to self-determination.

Now, go away and reflect.

12 hours ago, Left Back said:

Well said 👏👏👏

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

I've called him 'Hapless Humza'. Seems like a nice guy but incompetent and unlucky.

Apart from The National, which nobody reads, the SNP do actually face a universally hostile media, yet keep managing to get elected. Labour dahn saff are forever whingeing about the RightWing press keeping them out of power, even though they have the likes of the Mirror and Graun on-side.

And as for powers, you, and the rest of Labour, believe that if England vote Tory, even for a Johnson or Braverman Tory Party, in Scotland we should just suck it up  just as you believe we should suck up, say, Brexit, because that's what the Union is all about.

So, if I may say so before the Lord, you are misrepresenting the views of other posters and telling fibs.

I'm pro-independence and Labour can chuff right off until they see sense. The SNP are deeply flawed but at least they support our right to self-determination.

Now, go away and reflect.

'Now go away and reflect'...do you want to perhaps crank up your arrogance meter another few notches, or will that suffice for now?

Also, you might want to check the fact that you imply that Scotland doesn't have sufficient 'powers' to make changes (ergo hardly a 'fib' or 'misrepresentation')

You also say that Humza 'seems like a nice guy' (my post: The Humza is essentially a great guy)...Fib? Misrepresentation? Which?

I have repeatedly said that Brexit should be challenged by (both) the SNP and Labour pursuing an EFTA route (initially) before moving to a 2nd Ref when the time is right..hardly suggesting that people just 'suck it up'

Finally, why is it 'okay/admirable' to vote for/support a party you believe to be 'deeply flawed' but anyone voting for Labour (also deemed to be 'deeply flawed') is off their head

13 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

So you are suggesting that I am, in fact, a Tory now? Gold

Can you point out where I said you were a Tory ? seems you have jumped to that conclusion. My thoughts are it's purely trolling now given the wildly prolific nature of your posts and their repetitive nature. 

37 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

'Now go away and reflect'...do you want to perhaps crank up your arrogance meter another few notches, or will that suffice for now?

Also, you might want to check the fact that you imply that Scotland doesn't have sufficient 'powers' to make changes (ergo hardly a 'fib' or 'misrepresentation')

You also say that Humza 'seems like a nice guy' (my post: The Humza is essentially a great guy)...Fib? Misrepresentation? Which?

I have repeatedly said that Brexit should be challenged by (both) the SNP and Labour pursuing an EFTA route (initially) before moving to a 2nd Ref when the time is right..hardly suggesting that people just 'suck it up'

Finally, why is it 'okay/admirable' to vote for/support a party you believe to be 'deeply flawed' but anyone voting for Labour (also deemed to be 'deeply flawed') is off their head

Laddie, go and read your source post. I'm taking no lessons in arrogance from you.

I've called Humza hapless, incompetent and unlucky. Please don't tell me I'm calling him 'a great guy'. All political parties are flawed. The answer to why I suggest voting SNP rather than Labour is in my post.

Yes, some piddling changes can be made within the present framework. But when it comes to choice of government and insanity like Brexit, we have no say and cannot change this. And in Labour you believe we have to just keep accepting stuff we don't want because better together or something.

Dear, me, laddie, you're dissembling enough to be Jackie Baillie's SPAD. Maybe you are.

12 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Don’t you have a dead pool thread to be crying, snottering and concern trolling all over? 

Calling someone laddie is arrogant and patronising.

Crying, snottering and concern trolling, away you go. Every poster is allowed an opinion. 

11 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I’ve literally never seen you express one. 

Well you haven't been looking very hard as I have put plenty across. 

Anyway please stop trolling me. 

Ladies and Gentleman. I give you the "opposition".....

image.thumb.png.bf301c3521655bde986a2197e3261fbb.png

"sensible". "strategic" etc etc. Basically identikit Tories before mass corruption sets in and even with that, give it 6 months or so and will be impossible to tell apart. This feckin country, honestly.