England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

19 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

England, with its population of over 57 million has now played against five sides at this tournament.  I think it's fair to say that England has been the poorer side in each of those matches.  The countries they've played have a combined population of around 29 million. 

Don't tell me England won't win this thing.  They bloody will.

They were the better team in the 0-0 draw with Slovenia and the opening 1-0 win over Serbia, who created absolutely nothing.

The Denmark game was pretty even.

England have been very poor but we need to be careful not to mistake that for their opponent playing well. 

Slovakia were the better team overall but that was entirely based on extra time. Slovakia dominated the first half, England dominated the second and then it was all Slovakia in extra time after the very early England goal.

Switzerland yesterday were the first team to completely outplay England in this tournament. Bizarrely I’d argue it was England’s best performance so far, but the Swiss were absolutely miles ahead of anything they’ve faced. 

6 hours ago, Red Kite said:

The angry mob want him out.  Folk like me think if I'm his boss, he has achieved his goals to date in this tournament although the football could be better.  He is an industry where it is not just his boss judging him and although I think he could have avoided some grief e.g. take a fit left-back, he has stuck with his convictions.  As I say, I would bow out and count my cash.

Exactly this.

You can just see the torches and pitchforks. It's the epitome of mass hysteria.

The Shaw inclusion was a gamble. You could say that it hasn't backfired, as he could very well start against the Netherlands.

8 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

FIFA should introduce a rule that you're not allowed to pass the ball backwards IMO.

Aye,  ridiculed

But other sports seem to change their rules if they think going down a negative rabbit hole 

10 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

One of the best things about this is that Gt Yarmouth is a furious gammontown which just voted in a Faragist MP.

As for Ingerland - I think Spain would fairly comfortably dispatch them in the final but I worry a bit about France. The Dutch might do us all a favour (and I'd love to see big Wout knock them out) but I doubt it. It's impossible not to have the fear when they get to the last 4, but we have to hope that quality and skill will win out in the end.

So England are going to win it, then...

23 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

For any of the English lads here, is this actually that enjoyable for you? 

Surely it's clear as day that you ultimately won't win the tournament playing like this?

I've been raging at our performances for the whole tournament (having mostly defended Southgate up to now) but we're in a semi-final now. If you can't enjoy that then there's no point in watching football.

15 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I've been raging at our performances for the whole tournament (having mostly defended Southgate up to now) but we're in a semi-final now. If you can't enjoy that then there's no point in watching football.

The Switzerland game was an improvement but surely not a reason for that much optimism. It was still fairly shit. When Scotland played Switzerland I thought we should have won.