Premier Suite: the EOS Premier Division 2024-25

Poor result again away from home for Pace tonight, one nil down early, becoming a worrying habit away from home, managed to go 2-1 in front from early in the second half we were at that point the better side.

Glenrothes equalised and it was like the roof caved in, looked like only one winner from there on in and it wasn’t Pace.

Still too much naivety in or play, and we need a 90 minute performance, 3 away games so for 3 defeats, that needs to be addressed quickly, the free weekend may help us this week, and then it’s Oakley at Westfield.

Mon the Pace

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

Bookings started coming thick and fast and in between them all, Penicuik got in front. A good finish, but looked offside to me as the striker raced through. Penicuik had a chance to kill the game from the penalty spot... but a poor hit was comfortably saved.

Whitburn went down to 10 men, after an IQ fail from the captain. After just being booked... and having watched several players be booked for kicking the ball away... he kicked the ball away!

It was definitely onside but the keeper should have saved it, it went straight through him. My wee one absolutely shat herself, don't think she expected it to go in either and daddy was a bit over exuberant with the celebration 🫢

10 out of 10 for the Whitburn lad for one of the worst red cards I have ever witnessed. Absolute beamer considering they were still well in the game although it was definitely a corner, but his reaction was ridiculous and stupid! 

40 minutes ago, Mon the Pace said:

Poor result again away from home for Pace tonight, one nil down early, becoming a worrying habit away from home, managed to go 2-1 in front from early in the second half we were at that point the better side.

Glenrothes equalised and it was like the roof caved in, looked like only one winner from there on in and it wasn’t Pace.

Still too much naivety in or play, and we need a 90 minute performance, 3 away games so for 3 defeats, that needs to be addressed quickly, the free weekend may help us this week, and then it’s Oakley at Westfield.

Mon the Pace

Evening pace, was at game tonight and thought glens deserved their win..hate to address elephant in room, but have you actually won a game on grass this season? 

17 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It was definitely onside but the keeper should have saved it, it went straight through him. My wee one absolutely shat herself, don't think she expected it to go in either and daddy was a bit over exuberant with the celebration 🫢

10 out of 10 for the Whitburn lad for one of the worst red cards I have ever witnessed. Absolute beamer considering they were still well in the game although it was definitely a corner, but his reaction was ridiculous and stupid! 

Penicuik have definitely improved since last season. However, in view of Haddington beating them at a canter last week, I’m a bit surprised that your team is top of the league tonight. Great result at the weekend, though, against HoB. Not like you to be excited at the football😉

7 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Penicuik have definitely improved since last season. However, in view of Haddington beating them at a canter last week, I’m a bit surprised that your team is top of the league tonight. Great result at the weekend, though, against HoB. Not like you to be excited at the football😉

Behave yousel, that's no what I heard! 😝

17 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Behave yousel, that's no what I heard! 😝

Ha ha. If you heard anything positive, I confirm it’s a lie! 

Don’t think our keeper had one save to make in the 2nd half. Your daughter would have slept sound throughout the match😉

Lots of hoofing the ball up/down field, depending on which way Penicuik were playing. Normally the video master is quick to get the goal highlights and manager’s comments out quickly, but at one point I thought he forgot to put any film in his camera.

Felt like frustration set in for Whitburn after first 20 minutes of contiuned press and pressure. Lets not talk about The 3 poor backpasses from Penicuik and whitburn only being 1 up. Penicuik grew into the game as the half went on that.

The Ref loved a card and Whitburn will be disappointed (or at least should be) in themselves for giving away silly bookings for dissent which eventually led to the red card.

Coats scored two good goals tonight.

19 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Don’t think our keeper had one save to make in the 2nd half. Your daughter would have slept sound throughout the match😉

Lots of hoofing the ball up/down field, depending on which way Penicuik were playing. Normally the video master is quick to get the goal highlights and manager’s comments out quickly, but at one point I thought he forgot to put any film in his camera.

Penicuik were so wasteful in first half v Haddington in first half.

2nd half was only separated by Davies cracking goal. 

Haddington deserved there win but a canter it wasn't 😉

19 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Haha I wasn't there so can't argue, I'm sure the video guy just had more pressing matters... Like ordering supporters' tops or something :whistle

I'm just delighted at the start of the season. If you told me we would be 4/5 wins I'd have just laughed at you, thought we might struggle more!

3 minutes ago, Dicko23 said:

Felt like frustration set in for Whitburn after first 20 minutes of contiuned press and pressure. Lets not talk about The 3 poor backpasses from Penicuik and whitburn only being 1 up. Penicuik grew into the game as the half went on that.

The Ref loved a card and Whitburn will be disappointed (or at least should be) in themselves for giving away silly bookings for dissent which eventually led to the red card.

Coats scored two good goals tonight.

Whitburn should have been a couple up at half time tbf and the ref lost the game in the end.

The goalie looked his usual self. Sometimes a bit scary, but keeps the ball out the net most of the time! That's 2 wins out of 2 for him now, the other boy better start showing up or he'll be in a battle for the number 1.

Coats went from looking lost in the 1st half to saving the game for us in the 2nd. Must have heard me muttering about his 1st half performance and decided to give me a f-you, I'll take that every game if it's worth 3 points! 

5 hours ago, Spyro said:

Haha I wasn't there so can't argue, I'm sure the video guy just had more pressing matters... Like ordering supporters' tops or something :whistle

I'm just delighted at the start of the season. If you told me we would be 4/5 wins I'd have just laughed at you, thought we might struggle more!

Whitburn should have been a couple up at half time tbf and the ref lost the game in the end.

The goalie looked his usual self. Sometimes a bit scary, but keeps the ball out the net most of the time! That's 2 wins out of 2 for him now, the other boy better start showing up or he'll be in a battle for the number 1.

Coats went from looking lost in the 1st half to saving the game for us in the 2nd. Must have heard me muttering about his 1st half performance and decided to give me a f-you, I'll take that every game if it's worth 3 points! 

Yeah they could have but Penicuik also made the Whitburn keeper work late on. 

Think as Mckenzie and Neave got more into the game that allowed Coats to get more involved too.

7 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Evening pace, was at game tonight and thought glens deserved their win..hate to address elephant in room, but have you actually won a game on grass this season? 

Grass comment is very apt, we haven’t and is another thing we need to sort!

Thought when we scored to go ahead we were on top for that period right after, but as I said in original post, as soon as the equaliser went in there was only one winner, Glens!

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Or just maybe I was working most of last week and it took until Friday to have any time to edit. Always so quick to have a dig at Penicuik aren’t you Brian? It’s actually quite funny!

At least we still put footage out regardless of the result. 

1 hour ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

Or just maybe I was working most of last week and it took until Friday to have any time to edit. Always so quick to have a dig at Penicuik aren’t you Brian? It’s actually quite funny!

At least we still put footage out regardless of the result. 

How am I having a dig? Just having a conversation with a Penicuik supporter and saying how I saw the match go. I made a point as you practically always show highlights/interview within a day of match. Last week was different, hence the comment. You have now said why so fine with me. Always quick to have a pop at me aren’t you.

Not sure who your comment about footage is aimed at. Haddington always put out a 10+ minute highlight package of all our home matches, win lose or draw, as you will note from Saturday’s 4-1 loss against Jeanfield. Our camera/video man does not go to away matches. 

34 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

How am I having a dig? Just having a conversation with a Penicuik supporter and saying how I saw the match go. I made a point as you practically always show highlights/interview within a day of match. Last week was different, hence the comment. You have now said why so fine with me. Always quick to have a pop at me aren’t you.

Not sure who your comment about footage is aimed at. Haddington always put out a 10+ minute highlight package of all our home matches, win lose or draw, as you will note from Saturday’s 4-1 loss against Jeanfield. Our camera/video man does not go to away matches. 

I am quick to have a dig at you because you constantly get things wrong whenever you discuss my club, whether on here or social media, because you seem to jump on any opportunity to. I saw you arguing with someone on Facebook about their match report because you didn’t agree with their opinion, not for the first time.

My comment on the footage wasn’t aimed at Haddington. I was more pointing out that we do still put footage out regardless of the result and have done for twelve years! If it’s worth commenting that footage went up late, then surely that’s a testament to how regularly we do put footage up! I’ll apologise for having a new job that stopped me sharing the goals quicker but there are bigger priorities in life and point scoring on social media. 

Now now lads, let the 3rd rate East Lothian side have their moment in the sun. Our highlights are always better so I'm sure he was just choking to see them asap, and I'm sure the comment was more just banter directed towards me anyway 😉

Midweek games are always going to be tricky to get everything sorted and are always welcome when they make it online. The team are flying just now so don't let the wee things/teams bother you so much, we're all just having a bit of a laugh

Missed the game at CP last nite,but from what I've heard Penicuik deserved to win,regardless of the sending off.

Happy enough with the start the guys have made,this season all about consolidation.

2 hours ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

I am quick to have a dig at you because you constantly get things wrong whenever you discuss my club, whether on here or social media, because you seem to jump on any opportunity to. I saw you arguing with someone on Facebook about their match report because you didn’t agree with their opinion, not for the first time.

My comment on the footage wasn’t aimed at Haddington. I was more pointing out that we do still put footage out regardless of the result and have done for twelve years! If it’s worth commenting that footage went up late, then surely that’s a testament to how regularly we do put footage up! I’ll apologise for having a new job that stopped me sharing the goals quicker but there are bigger priorities in life and point scoring on social media. 

You are some guy🙂 So I’m wrong in anything I say against Penicuik and  I’m not allowed to argue with a report I don’t agree with? Got you! No need to apologise for having a new job - congratulations by the way. I did say in my last post why I made my comment. 

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Now now lads, let the 3rd rate East Lothian side have their moment in the sun. Our highlights are always better so I'm sure he was just choking to see them asap, and I'm sure the comment was more just banter directed towards me anyway 😉

Midweek games are always going to be tricky to get everything sorted and are always welcome when they make it online. The team are flying just now so don't let the wee things/teams bother you so much, we're all just having a bit of a laugh

My comment with you Spyro was absolutely banter, as we have done before and hopefully will do again. Cheers for that. 

Edited by Casey Jones

Just watched Norries Vlog from last night at the Warout. 

Looked a good game but Pace wasted some good chances in first half. Thought Glenrothes penalty was a bit soft aswell.

Question for Pace fans.  Is McMinn an issue. Flapped at the first goal. Could have done better with 3rd? Add that to other goals you've conceded this season already?

5 hours ago, Dicko23 said:

Just watched Norries Vlog from last night at the Warout. 

Looked a good game but Pace wasted some good chances in first half. Thought Glenrothes penalty was a bit soft aswell.

Question for Pace fans.  Is McMinn an issue. Flapped at the first goal. Could have done better with 3rd? Add that to other goals you've conceded this season already?

McMinn has been hot and cold, had an excellent stop at 2-2 on Saturday and dealt with the pressure Musselburgh piled on in the last 10 very well.

He gave away a howler at Penicuik the week before, and was suspect as you say for a few last night.

I think he’s decent enough but needs to be consistent, he came in after Kanes injury suffered in the game against Dunbar last year late in the season, Kane was having an excellent run up to that point and probably a real contender for player of the year, he’s been a hard act to follow, and will be lucky to get back this season if at all, so McMinn is the number 1, Gilchrist won’t really challenge for the starting spot.

Consistency of performance is the key thing for McMinn to build confidence cut out the howlers!

Still think that we also need an out and out striker, Kelly is a great hold up target man and will get goals but is not a penalty box type striker, Kieran Anderson can be that player but is not mobile enough for me and needs to show more all round play and overall effort, but he is the most natural finisher out of those two, we brought in a big lad from Lochore I think who scored at Penicuik but I have not seen enough of him yet.

We need to sort out the away form and get the “Pace can’t play on grass” monkey off our back to hopefully settle top half of the table, be a big game against Luncarty in a weeks time already!

Mon the Pace