Berwick Rangers 24/25

Redcar

3 from 3 for Berwick. What a start! And a difficult first 3 on paper, too. (Linlithgow, Tranent, CSS). 

Another close one - won all 3 by the odd goal - but team spirit is through the ceiling and we never stop trying. 

Only problem for me is whether I delete my Twitter account and miss out on updates, because Elon Musk is a complete arse. 

We were poor today - naive really. And Broomhill were a lot better than I expected - they certainly deserved to win. 

Only thing I can cling to is that we were missing a lot of experienced players (Nelson, Cook, Stevenson and for most of the game, Rodger). Definitely needed someone in the midfield to put their foot on the ball and calm down the headless chicken stuff going around them. 

Hey-ho. Still unbeaten!

Slightly disappointing attendance of 402 yesterday. Just a handful of away fans, but when you can go top of the league for the first time in years, I hoped a few more would turn up. Still a healthy figure compared to what we were getting in SPFL 2, though.

For those that don't do social media, Berwick tonight signed Mani Ashraf, a 20-year old forward previously with Penicuik, who has featured as a trialist in our league games this season. 

Cheers for that Redcar.

I hope some of the forwards are able to drop back into midfield, we seem to be signing a few forwards !!

To the game well that was always going to happen. we dare dream of top o the league, against bottom of the league with no points. But the Berwick of previous would have lost so a point is more than welcome.

I see we now have a game tomorrow, Tue and Fri. that will surely take its toll, someone in fixtures needs a word !!!

17 minutes ago, berwicksfinest said:

I see we now have a game tomorrow, Tue and Fri. that will surely take its toll, someone in fixtures needs a word !!!

Tuesday Friday ? Wednesday Saturday ? Plenty enough time between games. Midweek fixtures standard in most leagues where's the problem ? 

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Tuesday Friday ? Wednesday Saturday ? Plenty enough time between games. Midweek fixtures standard in most leagues where's the problem ? 

Berwicksfinest has a point. Lowland League fixtures are always heavily front loaded - as if they are expecting winters like we used to get 50 years ago. We have 7 midweek fixtures before Xmas, and none afterwards. 

OK, they will play instead of train on a Tuesday, but my main concern is the injuries that 2 games a week inevitably brings. 

10 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

Cheers for that Redcar.

I hope some of the forwards are able to drop back into midfield, we seem to be signing a few forwards !!

To the game well that was always going to happen. we dare dream of top o the league, against bottom of the league with no points. But the Berwick of previous would have lost so a point is more than welcome.

I think it's more of a case of defenders stepping forward into midfield. We have McGinley, Nelson, McCormack, Robinson, Cook, Rodger, Armstrong and Fellows. All - except maybe Armstrong - would expect to start any game if fit. 

Nelson, McCormack and Rodger would be comfortable in midfield. 

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Oh yeah, appreciate that, good of you to give updates. I posted just in case anyone that has X wasn’t aware and might be interested.

Commentary will hopefully be at every game. Worth getting a Twitter account for.

1-0 Hearts B at half time. Berwicks had 3 or 4 good chances to level. Hearts quick on the counter attack playing through balls for McLuckie to run onto.

Thanks for the posts JC.

We should refuse to play at Ainslie Park. Maybe we'd get away with a 3-0 defeat. 

Horrible place, where we always get roundly stuffed. 

Kinda worrying that decent teams just seem to stroll through our defence. With Cook, McCormack, Nelson and Stevo playing I thought we'd have the experience to keep it tight. 

Decent chance to bounce straight back this Tuesday. 

After having about 45 mins to calm down. Game was very fast pace, could have went in at half time 1-1 maybe even 2-1 up just unlucky not to take our chances.

2nd half Hearts wingers McLuckie and Pollock were rapid, balls down the wing where we gave them a bit too much space crossed in and players managed to get on the end of it.

We hit the bar, laidlaw took his goal well and we maybe could of had 1 more. I think a fair scoreline would have been 3-1, 4-2. 

Off the ball incident might not be as bad as first made out jostling in the box and unfortunately Barr off injured. Robinson also off injured.

Ref missed a blatant handball, Player moved his arm into the ball right infront of me. Wouldn't have changed the outcome but he missed a few key points for both teams not just berwick.

Offsides wise I think there was a few poor calls and with the hearts boys being rapid the linesman seemed to be a yard or 2 off the pace. Gave Buchanan offside when he wasn't also.

Overall a disappointing night where the game wasn't allowed to flow much due to silly stoppages, annoyingly normally when berwick had possession. Hearts definitely deserved the 3 points can't argue that. Some great players in the squad but 6-1 was certainly flattering. 

Edited by JCScouting