Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

Louis Moult despite looking finished, can still be pretty deadly given the chance and the Macedonian's come with decent pedigree but probably for the first time in my life supporting Dundee, there's genuinely no-one to be worried or scared about in the United side. It's a strange feeling.

We'll probably still get pumped - it's the Dundee way.

21 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Sorry - nipped for a quick pint with my brother.

To call my factual post nonsense is a bit much. 

To suggest a 15 point gap is ridiculous - to take last season as an example - Kilmarnock in 4th and above were the only team with a 15 point gap over 10th and 11th. 

Dundee were still miles and miles ahead of County and St Johnstone last season - you won’t see many disagreeing - but the split skews the points as we played the strong sides while the dross cuts each others throats. 

Dundee are - as the squads stand - streets ahead of Utd - but opening day away from home and the derby makes it a very tough fixture to call.

I’ll do a charity bet with you on this game - £20 to a charity of your choice if Utd win, £20 to a charity of my choice if Dundee win, or a tenner each to a charity of your choice if it’s a draw. 

I’ll extend the bet to £100 that we finish above you as a season long sweetener as I’m far more confident about that than this anomaly of an opening game scenario. 

15 points!!! He’s confident, not. What a shite the bed. 
As for the bet, count me in too Buttery Boy. Unless you’re too scared?

Edited by Fifespud

40 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

We have a couple of weeks to address the gaping holes in our squad, failure to do this I think will see Dundee end their 20 year Tannadice hoodoo. 

This is a very pertinent post - both sides could look very different by the time the game rolls around. 

If we played Utd tomorrow with the squads as they are I think we win 9 times out of 10 - and that’s what my post that got @Butters Scotch  (who has now gone very very very quiet) absolutely riled beyond all reasonable expectations said. 

Edited by Der Panzer
Emphasis

2 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Is this on TV for the Dundee fans since they are all greeting about the ticket prices and can't afford to go?

Oh, I can afford to go alright, I'm just not willing to pay £74 for myself and my 2 teenage boys to watch Scottish football with a multiple of untried players.

I won't be paying for my stream either.

f**k United.

If Dundee do get a victory they still won’t have ended their Tannadice hoodoo, instead they’ll have won at the Calforth arena thing place (needless to say if Utd avoid defeat then the hoodoo continues). 

53 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

We have a couple of weeks to address the gaping holes in our squad, failure to do this I think will see Dundee end their 20 year Tannadice hoodoo. 

6 defeats in 19 years is no bad though. 

If it wisnae for your wellies where would you be 

you'd be in the hospital or infirmary 

cause you would have a dose of flu off old hooleys tears

if you didnae have your feet in your wellies

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

Sorry - nipped for a quick pint with my brother.

To call my factual post nonsense is a bit much. 

To suggest a 15 point gap is ridiculous - to take last season as an example - Kilmarnock in 4th and above were the only team with a 15 point gap over 10th and 11th. 

Dundee were still miles and miles ahead of County and St Johnstone last season - you won’t see many disagreeing - but the split skews the points as we played the strong sides while the dross cuts each others throats. 

Dundee are - as the squads stand - streets ahead of Utd - but opening day away from home and the derby makes it a very tough fixture to call.

I’ll do a charity bet with you on this game - £20 to a charity of your choice if Utd win, £20 to a charity of my choice if Dundee win, or a tenner each to a charity of your choice if it’s a draw. 

I’ll extend the bet to £100 that we finish above you as a season long sweetener as I’m far more confident about that than this anomaly of an opening game scenario. 

Uhm well no you weren't factual, your post wasn't factual from the first line. 

I thought you were confident of your teams ability over United? You're already changing your tune which I thought as much. What about 10 points ahead of United then, surely not too much to ask for?

I'm not taking any one off match bets, the only way to judge a teams ability is over the course of a season hence why I offered this type of bet considering all the noise you were making... 

1 minute ago, skinny arab said:

I prefer to focus on the zero victories (and am desperately hoping I still can after the game)

Nah I prefer the ‘only defeated 6 times’ angle to this.  

12 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Uhm well no you weren't factual, your post wasn't factual from the first line. 

I thought you were confident of your teams ability over United? You're already changing your tune which I thought as much. What about 10 points ahead of United then, surely not too much to ask for?

I'm not taking any one off match bets, the only way to judge a teams ability is over the course of a season hence why I offered this type of bet considering all the noise you were making... 

I believe the term is shat it.

I offered you a season long bet. The fact you are trying to handicap it (initially by a huge margin) speaks more to your own shitebaggery than anything else. That offer still stands as I am supremely confident we will finish above Utd. 

I won’t make any handicap bets until the window is closed as too many unknowns - Utd could go and sign 5 or 6 top class talents between now and window closing while we don’t. You have previous for launching money around - like flinging shite at a wall eventually enough sticks. 

Edited by Der Panzer

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Louis Moult despite looking finished, can still be pretty deadly given the chance and the Macedonian's come with decent pedigree but probably for the first time in my life supporting Dundee, there's genuinely no-one to be worried or scared about in the United side. It's a strange feeling.

We'll probably still get pumped - it's the Dundee way.

Looking forward to the game whilst dreading it as well. As you say, times have changed and it's understandable that so many Dees are confident. However, I will allow my heart to overrule my head (as usual) and go for a 2-1 victory for United.

8 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

I believe the term is shat it.

I offered you a season long bet. The fact you are trying to handicap it (initially by a huge margin) speaks more to your own shitebaggery than anything else. That offer still stands as I am supremely confident we will finish above Utd. 

I won’t make any handicap bets until the window is closed as too many unknowns - Utd could go and sign 5 or 6 top class talents between now and window closing while we don’t. You have previous for launching money around - like flinging shite at a wall eventually enough sticks. 

You've clearly shat it mate, not the other way round. You were super confident in your own teams ability stating you are a top 6 team whilst diminishing United's chances this season saying we will be as bad as St Johnstone and Ross County.

Fine you didn't take the 15 points offer (would happily take this if roles were reversed) but 10 points was the gap between dundee and the other two teams before the split so if you're not willing to take me up on this then I'll put that down to you shiteing the bed. 

Also, I know where we stand at the moment and expect a very tough season ahead of us since we have a shitebag of a manager. I expect the Dees to finish well ahead of us in the league but it's amusing how you are not so confident anymore of a gap between the two teams. 

'Thank you' 

Edited by Butters Scotch

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope we can keep this on topic, though the first few posts are not promising.

We are newly promoted, trying desperately to bring in players to strengthen the squad and have limited time to get players to gel.  Our first game against Falkirk had no redeeming qualities and I don’t think a win over Stenhousemuir is too much to crow about.

Derby games are the biggest games for both clubs and I fear this one might have come a bit too early in the season for us.

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

10 hours ago, mungo said:

The United squad looks absolute shite on paper and Dundee should horse them. However with a derby you can never predict the outcome.. 

snl yes GIF

52 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Also, I know where we stand at the moment and expect a very tough season ahead of us since we have a shitebag of a manager. I expect the Dees to finish well ahead of us in the league but it's amusing how you are not so confident anymore of a gap between the two teams. 

'Thank you' 

You’ve changed your tune in 17 hours. #shatit

IMG_5535.jpeg

We should be skooshing this on paper. But football is played on grass (sometimes AstroTurf) not paper. 

However, it's a Derby and it's at The Fruitbowl, so it could go either way. Desmond again!? 😵‍💫

Thank you. 

12 hours ago, Big Gus said:

We're getting less than 2k tickets 

It's less can't afford to go and more won't get a chance to. 

Is this true?

Shame if so. One of the best elements of the Dundee derby compared to others is the large support from the opposition fans in both stadiums.