Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The was a Dundee fan on here who claimed Simon Murray would score more goals than Dundee United.  If someone offers to bet him on that and he refuses will he have “shit the bed” too?

That was Hulltoon Dee.

On top of the £50 bet I took yesterday on league placings, (not shiting the bed) I offer £50 to Hulltoon on his prediction. ….

#willheshiteit?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really this is the only acceptable response to your mewlings these days:

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

You can do that!  I’m a “prominent poster”!

Of the new signings, only one that hasn't had much hype or coverage is that defender Sevelj (?) Noted he has a few U20 caps for Croatia, is quite tall and fairly young.

How's he been?

9 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Very ironic, yet another Dundee poster that can't even come up with his own tagline and copying someone else's, the very definition of being a bit of a "moron".

Anyway, as I've already previously posted, the only bet I am offering is a 10 point hanidcap bet on Dundee finishing the season above United. That's not because "i've shit the bed", it is based on the fact that Dundee are superior to us at the moment, have a more settled squad, we've only just been promoted with a championship squad and have a shitebag as a manager who will be sacked by November. I fully expect us to be battling near the bottom while Dundee will be vying for top six again this year. 

After reading a lot of the posts from the Dees about the difference in quality between the pair and how confident they are then surely any Dee would be foolish not take up this bet?

You have agreed to a £20 bet on the outcome of this match already.

Thank you

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Of the new signings, only one that hasn't had much hype or coverage is that defender Sevelj (?) Noted he has a few U20 caps for Croatia, is quite tall and fairly young.

How's he been?

Out of his depth so far, doesn't look like a defender. Doesn't look like anything really, he's had very little positive impact on games with or without the ball.

1 minute ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Out of his depth so far, doesn't look like a defender. Doesn't look like anything really, he's had very little positive impact on games with or without the ball.

As Meatloaf said, “One out of five ain’t bad”.

13 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Sounds similar to the very promising CH that most expected to slot right into your backline you lads signed on loan last season that played one or two games and was an utter disaster and never heard from again.

It's the risk you take when you look abroad I suppose. We did the same last season when we looked to Mexico. Signed a really good top flight CH in Portales but equally signed a striker in Pineda whose only use was as a pre match mascot.

23 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Mental. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's he been?

He’s like a fish out of water at the moment (imo)

Came with a fair amount of fanfare and hype that he hasn’t lived up to as yet., and is supposed to be able to play multiple positions, but hasn’t really looked solid or confident in any so far unfortunately. 

Could be he’s just taking a bit more time to settle and adapt than the other recent arrivals, who have all looked really good so far tbf. 

As for Ollie Denham (to whom you also refer), he was utterly owned and dominated by Brian fucking Graham in the LC defeat to Thistle last year, and deservedly never kicked a ball for us after that. 

Sevelj is absolutely not Ollie Dunham, and I reckon he’ll come good…..hopefully 

1 hour ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Bit harsh. He's had one and a half games in his preferred position and was no worse than anyone else in that Falkirk game and never troubled in the Stenhousemuir game. He's far from ideal at RWB but that's surely on Goodwin. Strictly an emergency cover job and still just looked like a defender being asked to play an attacking position. It's not like he's falling over his feet and passing the ball out of play. He's just a centre half playing on the right wing.

I'm not particularly convinced myself yet but it's early days and I wouldn't say he's been bad, just a little underwhelming. Certainly compared to the other outfield signings, who have all been very good (season ending injuries aside).

1 hour ago, Liam899 said:

You find it hard when anyone has anything critical to say about your team eh?

Huh? I've been critical of my team on here several times so this makes no sense. 

However, writing off a new player after several pre season matches whilst also playing in a unfamiliar position is just mental. 

1 hour ago, Liam899 said:

You find it hard when anyone has anything critical to say about your team eh?

Butters needs a 1 club forum - someone tel him about Utd mad or the other ones you guys have.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Bit harsh. He's had one and a half games in his preferred position and was no worse than anyone else in that Falkirk game and never troubled in the Stenhousemuir game. He's far from ideal at RWB but that's surely on Goodwin. Strictly an emergency cover job and still just looked like a defender being asked to play an attacking position. It's not like he's falling over his feet and passing the ball out of play. He's just a centre half playing on the right wing.

I'm not particularly convinced myself yet but it's early days and I wouldn't say he's been bad, just a little underwhelming. Certainly compared to the other outfield signings, who have all been very good (season ending injuries aside).

Was he exposed for the 2nd Falkirk goal? Outjumped at back stick? May have been a full back and I’m way off though.

6 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Was he exposed for the 2nd Falkirk goal? Outjumped at back stick? May have been a full back and I’m way off though.

You’re quite right, that wasn’t great but then that goal was a bit of a disaster all round. Looped in at about four miles an hour under no pressure and eventually palmed into the net by the keeper. 
Both the goals in that game were dreadful. A bad day at the office all round.

Edited by Pull My Strings

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

You’re quite right, that wasn’t great but then that goal was a bit of a disaster all round. Looped in at about four miles an hour under no pressure and eventually palmed into the net by the keeper. 
Both the goals in that game were dreadful. A bad day at the office all round.

I was sure it was him my DAB mate mentioned - he also said something about first ball to him was a big punt up park from Falkirk - just want your centre half to head it away and he missed it and messed up - but he also said that he looked neat and tidy on ball so maybe more of a CDM - so wasn’t all bad.