Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

Sorry to bring the thread back to the game for a minute, but for the first time I can remember in a long time, going into this Derby with the genuine fear we could get scudded….

We are far from the finished article and Dees looking decent in preseason, after a very good year last year. 

Even if a few new faces come in, it’ll take time to settle, and I am in the camp that we could have done with this game being a good bit further into the first round of fixtures. 

The uncertainty of a Derby and the game being at Tannadice may help though, and hoping for a nice surprise. 

That being said; can’t wait……..

6 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Sorry to bring the thread back to the game for a minute, but for the first time I can remember in a long time, going into this Derby with the genuine fear we could get scudded….

We are far from the finished article and Dees looking decent in preseason, after a very good year last year. 

Even if a few new faces come in, it’ll take time to settle, and I am in the camp that we could have done with this game being a good bit further into the first round of fixtures. 

The uncertainty of a Derby and the game being at Tannadice may help though, and hoping for a nice surprise. 

I think we are stronger on paper.

Still absolutely shitting it.

Just now, Der Panzer said:

I think we are stronger on paper.

Still absolutely shitting it.

The other day you were saying how shit we are now you're saying you're shitting it. More flip flopping than a politician.

14 minutes ago, MacArab said:

We don’t have a left back.

Just back from dinner with our granddaughter, how’s everyone doing?  Trust we’re just talking about  the football in a comradely manner.

49 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

The other day you were saying how shit we are now you're saying you're shitting it. More flip flopping than a politician.

It’s a derby - I’d be shitting it even if we were 10/1 favourites.

You are shit as it stands - and having read your thread today it feels like your whole Fanbase knows you aren’t ready yet - but like I said and have always said - plenty time for both clubs to sign players before the game. 

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

You are shit as it stands - and having read your thread today it feels like your whole Fanbase knows you aren’t ready yet - but like I said and have always said - plenty time for both clubs to sign players before the game. 

Aye okay whatever you say 😂

Well fortunately we don't have to be much more than 'shit' to beat this Dundee team. 

8 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

United are favourites for the game with every online bookie.

Last time I looked Bet365 had Utd at 5/4 and the Dee at 11/5.

As a comparison for anyone that doesn't bet, £50 on a Utd win would return you £112.50 and £50 on a Dundee win gets you £160.

1 minute ago, eindhovendee said:

United are favourites for the game with every online bookie.

Last time I looked Bet365 had Utd at 5/4 and the Dee at 11/5.

As a comparison for anyone that doesn't bet, £50 on a Utd win would return you £112.50 and £50 on a Dundee win gets you £160.

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

This is the most confident I have been going into a Derby in years.

johnnydun emptying his bank account and lumping it all on a Dundee win!

(My iPad just auto-corrected ‘johnnydun’ to ‘Johnny fun’.  There’s a message in there somewhere!)

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

johnnydun emptying his bank account and lumping it all on a Dundee win!

(My iPad just auto-corrected ‘johnnydun’ to ‘Johnny fun’.  There’s a message in there somewhere!)

My Phone just corrected 'Granny Danger' to 'Arsehole' so I think I'm getting the same message!

No trolling, just curious.  Dundee fans are slagging up the United team saying none of them would get in the Dundee team, least scared they have been about United in years, etc.

Who in the Dundee team is any good?  I mean that seriously, I didn't pay much attention last season and probably couldn't name 11 Dundee players right now.

3 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

No trolling, just curious.  Dundee fans are slagging up the United team saying none of them would get in the Dundee team, least scared they have been about United in years, etc.

Who in the Dundee team is any good?  I mean that seriously, I didn't pay much attention last season and probably couldn't name 11 Dundee players right now.

You can start with  POTY nominee Luke McCowan - then YPOTY nominee Lyall Cameron and go from there. You should be able to work it out yourself ;)

27 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Essentially the midfield. Outside the OF, McCowan and Cameron were 2 of the most creative players in the league and both capable of goals, while Sylla was solid in the middle while technically good too. Against the lesser sides they completely bossed it and were the key reason we were never in a relegation battle. Unfortunately against the best teams they turned in to 2 wee guys and 1 slow guy which just got torn apart.

McCracken is a solid keeper and if the likes of Liam Kelly can get a call up then he’s got to be a future Scotland keeper. Defence is good, though missing 2 of most experienced players, so we are left with 2 very promising young players, a Mexican who’s sometimes great, sometimes erratic and usually both, and a guy who isn’t a centre back. We also have no left back.

Up front, I believe you’re familiar with the ginger guy.

10 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Aye okay whatever you say 😂

Well fortunately we don't have to be much more than 'shit' to beat this Dundee team. 

That’s the spirit