Scottish players in action 24/25

I haven't seen Henderson since the 22/23 season with Empoli in Serie A.

He's currently playing regularly in Serie A, surely that can't be ignored by Clarke.

Empoli are playing Napoli, at Napoli, on the 20th next month. Should be an interesting watch.

Watched a decent highlights package from the Coppa Italia game last night and Henderson wears 6 and does seem to be playing at the base of the Empoli midfield. Surely he'll be in Clarke's thinking with McGregor and (presumably) Jack out of the frame?

Ché took his goal well, which was nice.

40 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

Watched a decent highlights package from the Coppa Italia game last night and Henderson wears 6 and does seem to be playing at the base of the Empoli midfield. Surely he'll be in Clarke's thinking with McGregor and (presumably) Jack out of the frame?

Ché took his goal well, which was nice.

Let's hope Clarke has got a Premier Sports subscription

Another cameo for Irving last night, again in a game that was already lost. Alvarez suspended for the next match, be interesting to see if he gets some more time. 

What has been evident under Lopetegui is that when West Ham are losing he likes to bring on ball playing players, opposed to going direct. Obviously trusts Irving to get on to try and create something.

Vancouver Whitecaps won the Canadian Championship again last night, beating Toronto 4-2 on pens (Armstrong missed for Vancouver). That's their third straight win - they've won it in every one of Gauld's full seasons with them, which I don't think is a coincidence.

It's not much of a championship, mind you - it would be a huge shock if one of Vancouver, Montreal or Toronto didn't win it - but Vancouver had won only one of 13 pre-Gauld, now it's four of 17. The boy's done good.

4 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

Vancouver Whitecaps won the Canadian Championship again last night, beating Toronto 4-2 on pens (Armstrong missed for Vancouver). That's their third straight win - they've won it in every one of Gauld's full seasons with them, which I don't think is a coincidence.

It's not much of a championship, mind you - it would be a huge shock if one of Vancouver, Montreal or Toronto didn't win it - but Vancouver had won only one of 13 pre-Gauld, now it's four of 17. The boy's done good.

Sounds a better league than ours where it would be a huge shock if one of Celtic, Celtic or Celtic didn't win it.

Edited by kennie makevin

On 21/09/2024 at 14:19, Quentin Taranbino said:

2 assists for Kenny McLean today, an assist from Karamoko Dembele too (who really shines in that number 10 central role) and Ben Doak has had a really positive 30 mins for Middlesbrough. I suspect he will start their next game.

Just watched the highlights of the Blackpool game there (because I'm bored at work) and Dembele was exceptionally good. He surely can't be too far away with what I have seen so far this season.

On 23/09/2024 at 00:20, craigkillie said:

Burke was incredibly exciting at his age too, the problem was that he never improved and is basically still that exact same player now, aged 27. 

Burke's probably was, he wasn't actually that good. He was strong and athletic and got himself into good areas on the pitch, every manager saw something they thought they could work with but his end product was always pretty terrible and still remains so.....so certainly was when I saw him play for Millwall last season.

10 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Sounds a better league than ours where it would be a huge shock if one of Celtic, Celtic or Celtic didn't win it.

Valid. Although, to be fair, it is a knockout cup with the three MLS teams plus the eight teams from the Canadian Premier League. None of the CPL teams have ever won it though. And there must be about five or six teams have won the Scottish Cup in the last 17 years..?

On 24/09/2024 at 00:39, Alan Twelve said:

Jordan Holsgrove made his first appearance of the season for Estoril after recovering from injury. Came off the bench and got a really nice assist for the equaliser as Estoril came back from 2-0 down to get a 2-2 draw.

Here's the highlights. Holsgrove assist at about 3.30:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMIr9tA0lU0

Seeing it again, he plays really, really good pass. 

(I'm also bored at work...)

Another assist for Kenny McLean this afternoon. In the same game there was a goal and an assist for Craig Forsyth for Derby. Obvously not a serious left back option for Scotland, but well done all the same.

Away from Doak, another young winger had a fantastic game (albeit in league one) as Scotland under 21 player Rob Apter put in a man of the match performance for Blackpool. The goal he scored today was superb, jinking past 3 players before stroking the ball home from edge of the area.

He was voted the best player in league two last year, is a stand out so far this season in league one. Regardless of where Blackpool finish this season, I doubt he will be playing in that league next season. Definitely one to watch over the next year, very exciting prospect.