cb Stuart Morrison (Forfar)

LB Lewis Martin( Brechin)

CM Shaun bryne(Raith)

CM Paul Allan (free agent)

AM Matty Todd (dunfermline)

AM lewis McCann (Dunfermline)

ST Blair Henderson (Spartans)

ST Jordan white ( Ross county)

Subs ryan Williamson(Montrose) there was a lot of clamber for him to play ahead of Milen when they both played for us, Williamson's career has been injury hampered but Milen has had the better career so gets the place.

Lewis spence(east Kilbride)could make a claim for the midfield slot given Allan doesn't have a club currently but I expect once the summer is over Allan will either return to us once we realise you actually need a squad of players or he will go to league 1.

I really feel Martin should be playing spfl at least,  possibly FT but he got a few injuries and then some sort of illness which hampered him and Brechin cash seems to have encouraged him to join them when he'd have probably had spfl PT offers.

5 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

GK Charlie Cowie 

LB Kevin Holt

CB Scott Hooper

CB ?

RB ?

CM Ben Johnstone 

CM ?

CM ?

LW Lyndon Dykes 

RW Lewis Gibson 

CF Gavin Reilly 

Can you really count Lyndon Dykes when he was playing in Australia until he was 18/19

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Can you really count Lyndon Dykes when he was playing in Australia until he was 18/19

Yes. He played for the u20s or something in 2014 and went back to Australia for a few years and came back in 2016. 

18 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

What qualifies for "youth academy graduate" is up for debate. For Morton I'm going to make it mean players who spent at least some time at your club as youth players before making their debut. Therfore Jai Quitongo (picked up after leaving Aberdeen at 17 counts) counts, but someone like Chris Millar wouldn't (signed from Celtic at 19, straight into the first team) 

Active players only. 

Darren Hynes (Clyde) - Tam O'Ware (Kelty) - Lewis Strapp (some Finnish team) - Mark Russell (just left Portadown) 

Lewis McGregor (Airdrie) - Reece Lyon (Queen of the South) - Lewis McGrattan (Airdrie) 

Declan McDaid (Bohemians) - Brian Graham(Partick) - Scott Tiffoney (Dundee) 

Subs: Jai Quitongo (no club) Michael Garrity (Morton), Alex King (Morton) 

No goalie whatsoever to speak of. Struggling in defence, but the midfield and attack has the makings of a fairly solid Championship team. 

A fairly solid Championship team as much as Brechin 2018 were.

16 hours ago, AllanJM said:

Struggling a wee bit with this but here's what I've got so far:-

GK - Ross Laidlaw

LB -          (feel like putting Hannah in here would be a bit of a cheat as we didn't actually have a youth system when he joined)

CB - David Bates (Standard Liege - well about to move there from Mechelen apparently)

CB - Adam Masson (no club)

RB - 

LM - Aaron Arnott (Bonnyrigg - not really left footed but again I'm squeezing him in)

CM - Dylan Tait (Falkirk)

CM - Ross Matthews (Rovers)

RM - James Berry (Stenhousemuir - probably more of a CM but sticking him in here anyway)

ST - Kieron Bowie (Fulham)

ST - Lewis Vaughan (Rovers)

Need other Rovers fans to correct/fill in the blanks.  I'm almost certainly forgetting about someone.

Sean Mackie is your left back 

14 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

A fairly solid Championship team as much as Brechin 2018 were.

I mean, its better than the Dunfermline, Ayr and Raith equivalents, and of a similar level to Falkirk and Livingston. That frontline would carry us to midtable obscurity.

14 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I mean, its better than the Dunfermline, Ayr and Raith equivalents, and of a similar level to Falkirk and Livingston. That frontline would carry us to midtable obscurity.

The seige mentality would set in after about a fortnight with O'Ware and Graham falling out with the fans. Would be toxic.

Main conclusion from the list though is that Morton youth prospects rarely make an upward trajectory on leaving, the academy hasn't made us a dime in transfer fees and the meltdown every time one of the graduates (who are no longer academy players but first team wage takers so are as dispensable as any other player in search of better) is ludicrous.

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Main conclusion from the list though is that Morton youth prospects rarely make an upward trajectory on leaving, the academy hasn't made us a dime in transfer fees and the meltdown every time one of the graduates (who are no longer academy players but first team wage takers so are as dispensable as any other player in search of better) is ludicrous.

Is that perhaps down to the anti-football yous play that favours an old thug like Broadfoot over a young, technically gifted player who could do well in higher leagues?

5 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Would really prefer not to get involved with Ayr fans that come into the thread to hurl severe men's online abuse at me, but I'll certainly riposte if a 50 IQ brainlet like "D'Jaffo" can't stumble its way through an 8 word sentence without slevering out an error that would make Floyd Mayweather blush.

I'll not get involved on that score. Interesting concept for the thread though.

Generally shows that academies don't tend to bring through too much top level talent at this level 

Hamilton seem pretty productive, QP have had a few gems. I thought Falkirk would have a few more 'names' from their productive spell about 10 years ago. Maybe didn't meet criteria or a few have been missed.

I am guessing a fair amount of players will have come through the OF teams, the Edinburgh big two, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Motherwell.

Thistle have had a couple of gems and even the current squad has a few academy players.

Not sure how cost efficient it is overall these days for most clubs though? 

24 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I'll not get involved on that score. Interesting concept for the thread though.

Generally shows that academies don't tend to bring through too much top level talent at this level 

Hamilton seem pretty productive, QP have had a few gems. I thought Falkirk would have a few more 'names' from their productive spell about 10 years ago. Maybe didn't meet criteria or a few have been missed.

I am guessing a fair amount of players will have come through the OF teams, the Edinburgh big two, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Motherwell.

Thistle have had a couple of gems and even the current squad has a few academy players.

Not sure how cost efficient it is overall these days for most clubs though? 

The boy you signed from junior football last season has impressed is it McBeth? Granted he's not a product of your academy but the junior leagues definitely have a few players worth a look. 

45 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

The boy you signed from junior football last season has impressed is it McBeth? Granted he's not a product of your academy but the junior leagues definitely have a few players worth a look. 

Aye, you never know where players will pop up. He was at a US college for a bit. Then EK and Glenafton last year. 

We had Doolan and Erskine from the juniors although that's a good fee years ago now.

So anyway, who's doing the fm save with all these dream 11s (plus anyone else you can be arsed to add)

I might have a go if I get a free day, altho playing it out might not be the biggest challenge in the world with Robertson and co

19 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Is that perhaps down to the anti-football yous play that favours an old thug like Broadfoot over a young, technically gifted player who could do well in higher leagues?

No. Next.

On 24/07/2024 at 19:15, gannonball said:

McKenna and Ryan Fraser came through did they not?

Yes. Forgot about them. 

On 24/07/2024 at 18:42, ICTChris said:

GK - Cammy MacKay (Brora)

LB - Cameron Harper (Carlisle)

CB - Matthew Cooper (Elgin City)

RB - Jack Brown (Peterhead)

MF - Dan Mackay (Partick Thistle)

MF - Ryan Christie (Bournemouth)

MF - Lewis Hyde (Elgin City)

MF - Roddy MacGregor (Queens Park)

MF - Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen)

F - Rory McAllister (Montrose)

F - Shane Sutherland (Brora Rangers)

If we were including guys who had been in our academy but not played for the first team I could have sneaked in Stuart Armstrong.  I also don't think Jack Brown is a right back but this is a Duncan Ferguson XI so we all have to play in the wrong place.

Could include Jason Brown at centre half who’s player/coach at Peterhead. He only played once right enough but spent a few years on the bench. 
The Brazilian lad Machado too who's at Montrose 

On 24/07/2024 at 16:52, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

For Falkirk in a 4-2-3-1

GK Robbie Mutch (Ayr United)

RB Stewart Murdoch (East Fife)

CB Stephen Kingsley (Hearts)

CB Murray Wallace (Millwall)

LB Liam Dick (Raith Rovers)

CM Jay Fulton (Swansea)

CM Scott Arfield (Bolton)

RAM Connor McGrandles (Lincoln City)

CAM Craig Sibbald (Dundee United)

LAM Ryan Flynn (St Mirren)

ST Kevin O'Hara (Hamilton) 

Guys like Tony Gallagher, Blair Alston etc currently without a club so haven't included them 

Kai fotherigham  James Maxwell and  Connor McBride   other decent options.