Glasgow  Perthshire  I think will give  meadow a game .They are a team who can be not so good one  week then next  week be outstanding  .Some  decent  players in team . Hats  off to Billy Adams   who must  be  current   longest serving  manager by a mile ....been there 25years + 

7 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

I wasn't aware he was there that long I think Tommy Sloan is 21 years at Talbot and Craig Gilbert 18 years at Thornton Hibs. 

Hard to see any clubs having that loyalty these days, sad to say I think the two mentioned as well as Billy Adams will be the last of the long servers. 

WoS Prem will be Tommy Sloan, Darren Henderson, Stewart Davidson then possibly Gordon Moffat followed by Maxi? I am sure someone will correct me however confident of first 3 being in the correct order. 

Moff celebrated his 5th anniversary recently

23 hours ago, Shannon said:

We have had better results without Paul Paton in the team. In my opinion he cost us at least one point v St Rochs and it has looked like legs have went now and be better off in management. It frees up likely a decent wage to hopefully add a quality player to the squad. Tough game v Glasgow Perthshire on Saturday who put 7 past Irvine Vics away just 2 weeks ago. 

Exactly my feelings. There are far better, younger, hungrier players around at this level who  could do a better job in both the shorter and longer term than Paton. 

On 19/09/2024 at 23:35, Shannon said:

We have had better results without Paul Paton in the team. In my opinion he cost us at least one point v St Rochs and it has looked like legs have went now and be better off in management. It frees up likely a decent wage to hopefully add a quality player to the squad. Tough game v Glasgow Perthshire on Saturday who put 7 past Irvine Vics away just 2 weeks ago. 

His first game in charge yesterday and it genuinely looked like we had a totally different squad of players , breath of fresh air

On 18/09/2024 at 17:12, coistysgoldenboots said:

Having seen Paton a few times in Medda colours this season I’d say Medda have won a watch here. Paton was worse than a man down any time I saw them.

Haven't seen him play since he left us, but If somebody , likely on one of the highest wages at the club, was worse than a man down, surely makes sense to let him go?

Edited by GLENAFTON_LOYAL

12 hours ago, GLENAFTON_LOYAL said:

Haven't seen him play since he left us, but If somebody , likely on one of the highest wages at the club, was worse than a man down, surely makes sense to let him go?

Yeah, from a playing point of view I don’t see him as a great loss. An opportunity for a hungrier younger player to come in and impress 

On 23/09/2024 at 10:51, coistysgoldenboots said:

Yeah, from a playing point of view I don’t see him as a great loss. An opportunity for a hungrier younger player to come in and impress 

If he was a man down like has been said, he would have been moved on and free up Likely one of the highest wages at club. 

Always ran the show for us

A sorry state the medda are in. 

walked down to see them today my god they are bad. I even see fans after the game applauding a defeat this club is not in a good way. When you follow them on Facebook it is strange reading as well.

The chairman having a go at them I read on an earlier post and that one guy always reacting to comments on Facebook he is a strange one to say the least 

10 hours ago, Jurgenflopp said:

A sorry state the medda are in. 

walked down to see them today my god they are bad. I even see fans after the game applauding a defeat this club is not in a good way. When you follow them on Facebook it is strange reading as well.

The chairman having a go at them I read on an earlier post and that one guy always reacting to comments on Facebook he is a strange one to say the least 

I think that’s unfair tbh having been at the game myself. 

Meadow were the dominant team on the day they just have a desperate lack of quality up front.  One good forward and they’d have won that game. 

They looked far better at the back than they did the last time I saw them and I was very impressed with the young red-headed centre half.  A no nonsense throw back. 

George Sewell acting like a Ned on a number of occasions wasn’t exactly helping Meadow but there was definitely more cohesion about them. 

if they can get a decent striker they will start climbing the league imo. 

Meadow gave us a right good game yesterday and can count themselves very unfortunate to have lost. I know the league table doesn't lie, but on that performance I don't see them going down.

I agree yesterday wasnt as bad as we have been this season but glencairn were poor and missing a couple of players yet still came away with the points. 

we beat 3 poor sides in the cup and go back to losing in the league again. We may have been the better side but we were not good in any way shape or form. 

Worrying 

13 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

I agree yesterday wasnt as bad as we have been this season but glencairn were poor and missing a couple of players yet still came away with the points. 

we beat 3 poor sides in the cup and go back to losing in the league again. We may have been the better side but we were not good in any way shape or form. 

Worrying 

Meadow created a lot of chances yesterday, but they came up against a defence who were just determined not to concede. We were far from at our best (four missing through injury and one rested), but that's what you have a squad for, and we had just enough in the tank to squeeze out a win. I'd never seen us beat Irvine Meadow before yesterday, so it was good to get the points and close the gap at the top. Meadow will find their shooting boots, they can't continue to play like they did yesterday and not score goals.

Not scoring was nothing to do with the Rutherglen defence. To be clear I really rate Rutherglen think you will win the league. You were poor yesterday. Any team with quality in attack would have put at least 3 past u yesterday but we could hardly hit the target. 

we arent good enough. Simple as that. 

59 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Meadow created a lot of chances yesterday, but they came up against a defence who were just determined not to concede. We were far from at our best (four missing through injury and one rested), but that's what you have a squad for, and we had just enough in the tank to squeeze out a win. I'd never seen us beat Irvine Meadow before yesterday, so it was good to get the points and close the gap at the top. Meadow will find their shooting boots, they can't continue to play like they did yesterday and not score goals.

Meadow missed a good few guilt edged chances and their main striker (Cree?) offered absolutely nothing. Moore might offer them something different when he gets up to speed but imo there isn’t a striker at the club right now I’d bank on scoring most weeks. 

If they can get someone hitting form it might make a difference in tight games but I’ve not seen anyone up top who looks like they could provide that. Brendan Sharpe seems to be out the picture but I’d say he’s arguably Meadows best hope. 

57 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

Not scoring was nothing to do with the Rutherglen defence.....Any team with quality in attack would have put at least 3 past u yesterday.......

I guess we'll never know that for sure. I get where you're coming from, but our defence did their job and kept Meadow out.

The league form is very very worrying. If you play well and still cant score goals and get at least a point at home then when can you pick up points? Relegation to the 2nd Division is unfortunately a very real possibility now and that would be disastrous in my opinion. 

I am hoping we can  get 2 or 3 wins in our big 4 cup games coming up - hopefully we can get further in Scottish Cup especially. The games against Renfrew in Junior Cup then Civil Service Strollers in Scottish Cup could help give us more confidence with 2 wins going into winter months. I do agree we really need a 15-20 goal a season striker but every club is after that. Missed Tom Cruden who has been scoring goals in the recent cup games and causes opposition defences problems plus McLennan at the back.

Edited by Shannon

11 hours ago, Shannon said:

The league form is very very worrying. If you play well and still cant score goals and get at least a point at home then when can you pick up points? Relegation to the 2nd Division is unfortunately a very real possibility now and that would be disastrous in my opinion. 

I am hoping we can  get 2 or 3 wins in our big 4 cup games coming up - hopefully we can get further in Scottish Cup especially. The games against Renfrew in Junior Cup then Civil Service Strollers in Scottish Cup could help give us more confidence with 2 wins going into winter months. I do agree we really need a 15-20 goal a season striker but every club is after that. Missed Tom Cruden who has been scoring goals in the recent cup games and causes opposition defences problems plus McLennan at the back.

Callum Graham is up for sale, you guys could do a lot worse than sign him!