Stenhousemuir -vs- Arbroath (Saturday 3 August 2024)

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Is the social club still open? 

It's just a regular pub called 'The Ochilview Bar' and it'll be open.

I think Arbroath at home is a decent flag day fixture. Larger than average away support, less pressure as most expect them to be title challengers/winner and they have a few injuries which means this is possibly the weakest version of them we'll play this season.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If the Stenny boys triumph here there could be some serious meltdowns on this thread. Will keep on eye on proceedings.

No doubt be meltdowns win lose or draw with some our fan base just now 

5 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I think Arbroath at home is a decent flag day fixture. Larger than average away support, less pressure as most expect them to be title challengers/winner and they have a few injuries which means this is possibly the weakest version of them we'll play this season.

We really dont look great, a few injuries already and i think it will take a while for the team to gel.

5 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The last time we were flag day opposition, we skudded Montrose 4-1, just saying 😎

6 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

15 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

4-0 that day 

My mistake 

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is there pay at the gate?

How could you forget.. 😎

IMG_4759.png

I'm pretty certain there will be PATG so don't fret.

Comms from the club have been awful all summer, coupled with a poor media team, but hopefully they can give out the details to fans in good time - like tomorrow might be handy.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

Comms from the club have been awful all summer, coupled with a poor media team, but hopefully they can give out the details to fans in good time - like tomorrow might be handy.

We released something today ⬇️

IMG_2661.jpeg

47 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Looks like tickets are only available on the fanbase app

41 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Thanking you 

If not PATG the fanbase thing pretty easy to use to be fair, had to use that for Hamilton I’m sure.

Will see what Stenny say through week

It should really be on the original, lazy circular we have put out already that just mentions fanbase.

How difficult is it to notify travelling fans if they can PATG or not? It's one line of important information - particularly for older fans who might prefer that to fanbase.

Ticket purchased on Fanbase - really easy to do in fairness, my app previously used at Hamilton, Brechin and a real flash from the past Crossgates Primrose…

I am sure that was one of the first games that restrictions were fully lifted for and we saw Liam Henderson at LCB make his debut possibly… also Andrew Osei Bonsu and Liam Toshney as trialists. Quite a few concerned after that friendly and we nearly went on to win the Championship the same season… football eh!

Quite nervous for this tomorrow. Stenny will be a well organised side who is very similar to last year and on their flag day they will be that wee bit more pumped up. It is going to be a really tough game and opener but I am also quite hopeful.

Last time I was at Ochilview was the night we derailed the Queens Park league winning train and Dale Hilson scored a really good goal that basically kept us in the division. 

Really enjoy a trip to Ochilview, good view from behind the goal and a pretty good pie shop from memory. Fingers crossed 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Disappointed not to see adverts for 'Flag Day' around Stenhousemuir: the boards mentioning the Bonnyrigg trophy presentation match still stand at the junction of Main Street and Hallam Road. Seems to be a bit of a sleepiness about the start of the season, there are a few areas that could be improved upon which I'm sure other posters have mentioned.

Nonetheless, looking forward to seeing how the Warriors fare against (one of) the bookies' favourites,  for the title. 

Great day ahead with the flag presentation . Time to acknowledge the massive achievement of these players and staff . 1st ever league champions remember.
Then it’s time to go again and kick on to see what the season brings .

Get rid of the gloom on the back of let’s be honest 3 very difficult games which at the end of the day don’t mean anything. 
I’m going Stenny to get off to a good start with a 2.1 win . 

That was a tough watch !!

Resorted to shelling long aimless balls forward. Only started to look slightly dangerous late on, with getting the ball wide to Stewart