Forfar Athletic vs Clyde

3 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Boring. Clyde you'd imagine will improve, not sure about the loons, looks like they played McKinnon-ball perfectly.

I think we’re still not set on our best XI. We’ve plenty of options but I’m not sure we’ve worked out the best way to use them.

It's going to be another long season, then. I'd say there does seem to be some improvement in the Forfar ranks. Defensively strong, better movement and if somebody can get on the end of Rusty's flick-ons, so much the better. Overall a draw seems a fair result. Clyde played some good football with a couple of promising players on show and a really good 'keeper.

Couple of strange interpretation of some incidents by the ref but our Stewards win the embarrassment award, as usual.

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

What a miserable way to spend an afternoon. Seriously disappointing that we didn't at least try to play our own game. The only saving grace is that a lot of teams will struggle there this season.

A lot of teams will pick up points. 

Forfar will not pick up many of them.

Again our major problems being the lack of subs and not going for it when the games there to be won.

Apart from that I'm hearing that Allan and Dunachie are still trying to find their way out of Morrison and Hutch's pockets

11 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Should’ve taken my train being cancelled, then the bus from Dundee to Forfar breaking down as a sign. 

This happened to me to. We've also just had our train back to Glasgow cancelled as well. Great day out. 

An optimist would say that was a case of the two best defences in the league cancelling each other out. Eye bleeding stuff at times 

That was painful to watch. Don't think either team was going to score today. Too many Clyde players having an off day. Rennie frustratingly half arsed again today and doesn't work out wide. Was disappointed with Allan too, I know Forfar would've seen him as the danger man and doubled up on him but he just didn't seem to want to be there today and gave up a few times. 

We really need to learn to shoot. 

Forfar are eye bleeding btw. McKinnon ball is awful. Play for a 0-0 and a goals a bonus 

11 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Forfar are eye bleeding btw. McKinnon ball is awful. Play for a 0-0 and a goals a bonus 

Believe it or not, there are some in the home support who disagree with your 100% accurate observation.

29 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

^  Spot on.

Try watching it for a couple of seasons, has almost killed my enjoyment of watching a club I’ve watched for over 35 years. Literally going out of ingrained habit now.

Both teams will feel they defended well, whilst lacking a bit in their attacking play. I suppose those go hand in hand. No doubt that Forfar only really fancied scoring through the set piece, whilst we didn't do enough in open play to really create anything.

I thought our back four and Grant did their defensive jobs well against a physical challenge. Could maybe have fed the ball forward better at times. Murdoch had some nice touches but seemed understandably off the pace on occasions. I prefer Scullion in a wider area, and all three of Redfern, Allan and Rennie were poor. 

One of those results that the value of the point only really becomes apparent a few weeks down the line. Need to start strong at home next week.

That was a slog of a watch to say the least. Not sure how else to describe it. A point is fine. 

The changes Clyde made in the last ten minutes should've been made at least 25 minutes earlier, if not half time. It was clear Bad Rennie had joined us for the afternoon after his first contributions to the game were a bad touch, conceding a free kick, and falling over. Would much rather have kept Redfern on who at least looked like trying something from time to time.

Forfar at least made Kinnear work a couple of times. Apart from the ball getting under Allan's feet in the first half, I never came close to suspecting a goal was coming.

I'll register a moan regarding the refereeing overall as well since it is completely unrelated to my view of the result. There's just something about a referee smugly explaining why he was right when he was quite clearly wrong which smarts a little.

3 hours ago, nofixedability said:

^  Spot on.

Try watching it for a couple of seasons, has almost killed my enjoyment of watching a club I’ve watched for over 35 years. Literally going out of ingrained habit now.

At best, there must be only single figures of supporters who actually look forward to home games, and I'm being generous.

7 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

At best, there must be only single figures of supporters who actually look forward to home games, and I'm being generous.

Stop projecting your own shite attitude onto people eh?

McKinnon's football is pretty turgid we know this but in no way will it ever put me off turning up to station park and supporting the team and thankfully there's hundreds of others who agree with me.

57 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

McKinnon's football is pretty turgid we know this but in no way will it ever put me off turning up to station park and supporting the team and thankfully there's hundreds of others who agree with me.

Hundreds is a slight exaggeration.

7 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Just because people turn up, doesn't mean they enjoy the experience. The post I replied to literally explained that.

But, to satisfy your sensitivity, I'll clarify further. There is virtually no one who looks forward to watching the actual football on display. Apologies if you didn't understand that.

Edited by RateofKnots