McPakes Pishy Pars v Dave's Dour Livi

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We're so easy to play against. Just press us since we're so slow and want so much time on the ball and you'll either be able to just take it or force us to lump it up the pitch after we pass it around the back. Our play is so laughably shallow in that there is a pretence of playing passing football but it's slow, aimless stuff that is exposed any time we're put under pressure.

When we inevitably punt it long that's it, that's our game plan gone. We have no plan for this. We have no plan for what players should do, where they should be, how we will react once we are forced to launch it.

Once you have the ball then just run at us as our defenders back off and let your players stride forward. When in range, have a shot remotely on target and it'll either go through Mehmet or he'll palm in to an area where you'll get pretty much a tap in. He'll make some saves but put him under pressure and he'll crumble. 

Should we actually progress the ball to midfield we'll still do little with it. We'll usually be outnumbered due to keeping so many players back and moving the ball so slowly. We allow teams so much time to get back and in to position to defend. We utterly lack pace in our passing and usually players would rather turn back and pass it back than try to take someone on.

We'll end up getting a chance or two but we're so incredibly wasteful in front of goal that we don't make much of most of them.

They say it's the hope that kills you but in fact it's actually the inevitability of all of this coming to pass. 

We really should be winning this, Muirhead being out is a bit of a blow though as he's looked good for us so far. We're gonna be relying on Smith and Sole to produce some magic or something for Tete to go sniff out.

Interesting to see if Prior gets a start here or if Shamal is the out and out starter. Martindale could be working with Shamal as a 'cup goalie' for now. McAlear I'm not too keen on from his first few showings, would like to see us go with a midfield three of Pittman/Green/Kelly and a backline of Clarke/Montano/McGowan/Brandon. No doubt we'll end up seeing Shinnie getting fired in instead of Green however. 

After the Spartans nonsense I can't see the home stand being a very nice place to be if Dunfermline do take the lead in this one. Folk are just looking for an excuse to turn at this point. Get out there, make a statement and get fans onside with a solid attacking display and most importantly a win otherwise we're starting out chasing our tail.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

We really should be winning this, Muirhead being out is a bit of a blow though as he's looked good for us so far. We're gonna be relying on Smith and Sole to produce some magic or something for Tete to go sniff out.

Interesting to see if Prior gets a start here or if Shamal is the out and out starter. Martindale could be working with Shamal as a 'cup goalie' for now. McAlear I'm not too keen on from his first few showings, would like to see us go with a midfield three of Pittman/Green/Kelly and a backline of Clarke/Montano/McGowan/Brandon. No doubt we'll end up seeing Shinnie getting fired in instead of Green however. 

After the Spartans nonsense I can't see the home stand being a very nice place to be if Dunfermline do take the lead in this one. Folk are just looking for an excuse to turn at this point. Get out there, make a statement and get fans onside with a solid attacking display and most importantly a win otherwise we're starting out chasing our tail.

Yeah dunno how Prior is as an actual keeper, shot stopper, commanding his box, and making saves, only seen him against Alloa and he wasn't tested much, but his distribution is miles better than Shamal's, and he could set us up with quick breaks up the pitch (if we actually left a player up the pitch when defending set plays). He impressed me with his kicking, really comfortable on the ball too, even dribbling it past a player, which gave me heart palpitations right enough.

Dunfermline had a terrible cup campaign, but i hate playing teams after we've not long played them, we played Spartans in a friendly (which i expected us to cancel when we drew them in the cup but we didn't) and look how that panned out the 2nd game against them. Hopefully we get off to a good start and win this, or yeah, gonna be really toxic in the stands, need a win to get everyone in a more positive mood.

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

midfield three of Pittman/Green/Kelly

I agree this is absolutely our best midfield but so far when Green plays Martindale wants everything to go through him. He does not need to touch the ball in every one of our attacking moves. 

Against Spartans we subbed on Shinnie and Green but Shinnie was berated a few times because he took the ball instead of Green. 

If that's how we are gonna play this season it's gonna be a hard watch. I just want to see us move it a round with some speed and purpose instead of being slow and overly patient. Just play and make space / gaps for yourselves.

Big opportunity for McPake to prove he has a system to get the best out our squad as is. But I’m not very positive about our chances, certainly not enough to spend £24 watching us try.

Probably a good things that we are away from home. We can set up to be solid and try to nick a goal on the break or from a set piece.  Last season was horrific but McPake managed to set us up well enough to grind out a result both times we were at Tannadice.

If we were playing at East End, we already know what the script would be - 65% possession, 1 shot on target, 0 points.

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Our end is going to be the same so should be an interesting afternoon 🤣

16 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is Disco Deek the guy that used to walk about Dunfermline pushing a bike ??

Aye he's going strong, drove past him last week. Usually always has a bike and a 2lr of coke, clocks some miles in all weathers too!

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

Not been to the Spaghettihad for a long time. Is there still parking at the ground? And talk pies to me. 

There is parking at the stadium but I imagine it takes a while to get out, and think it costs a fiver. You're probably better off parking at St Margarets academy.

Pies are decent IMO, and the "specialty" pie for tomorrow is Chicken & Haggis with peppercorn sauce.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

There is parking at the stadium but I imagine it takes a while to get out, and think it costs a fiver. You're probably better off parking at St Margarets academy.

Pies are decent IMO, and the "specialty" pie for tomorrow is Chicken & Haggis with peppercorn sauce.

I could be very wrong here, but I think the speciality pies are for home fans only 

At least the weather looks decent for today.Not sure about the fare on offer on the pitch.Suspect home advantage should swing it in the Lions favour,though wouldn't put my house on it.Unpredictable🤷‍♂️.