McPakes Pishy Pars v Dave's Dour Livi

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Wotherspoon going up for the header after the penalty even though he was the last to touch the ball felt like a nice summary of Dunfermline's afternoon. 

Very much enjoyed his teammates giving him a rollicking for it.

On 02/08/2024 at 17:04, LiviLion said:

Pies are decent IMO, and the "specialty" pie for tomorrow is Chicken & Haggis with peppercorn sauce.

23 hours ago, par-adise said:

Ooft. Will be the highlight of the day no doubt. 

Called it. Only positive from today. 

5 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Called it. Only positive from today. 

We really bring something new to the league*, hopefully fans of other clubs can appreciate that and enjoy us while we're down here on a holiday. 

*Even if that's just some top quality speciality pies

My favourite of the ones we've had in recent memory were the steak, haggis and black pudding pies. Think there was even peppercorn sauce in the mix. Whoever is playing us on the day that's in rotation are some lucky fellas.

2 minutes ago, par-adise said:

I'm a Dunfermline fan. I'm only really in this for the pies and pints at this point. 

That was how I was feeling last season, an awful spot to be in. Every game was defensive calamities and strikers that couldn't finish.

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

IMG-20240803-WA0001.thumb.jpg.7df134e1d89294648c28acb0ffb219e1.jpg

Nottingham starting drains the enthusiasm a lot. Would have liked Green starting ahead of Shinnie too but oh well.

Trust the process. 

Wondering if Green was injured and just on the bench to fill it out, glad Lawal got a run out though, was impressed with him in a pre season game against Alloa i went to, and he was a breath of fresh air coming on today. Immediately getting involved and causing havoc, nice lay off to Yengi for a shot at goal too.

Green and Lawal should be miles ahead of Shinnie starting, both are full of energy and class.

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We really bring something new to the league*, hopefully fans of other clubs can appreciate that and enjoy us while we're down here on a holiday. 

*Even if that's just some top quality speciality pies

My favourite of the ones we've had in recent memory were the steak, haggis and black pudding pies. Think there was even peppercorn sauce in the mix. Whoever is playing us on the day that's in rotation are some lucky fellas.

Did big Robbie get a run out today? (havent seen your teamsheet).

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Did big Robbie get a run out today? (havent seen your teamsheet).

Was suspended due to his red in his final game for you guys, if not he would've 100% been a starter. He's been great in the cup games for us, felt in the 1st half especially we were really missing him. He's frustrating but he looks to have a good bit of quality about him. I've really liked the big guy so far.

He's been switching between LW/RW for us, was that something he did at Morton? I was just assuming he'd be playing as a striker for us but seems favoured out on the wing with Tete in the middle.

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Was suspended due to his red in his final game for you guys, if not he would've 100% been a starter. He's been great in the cup games for us, felt in the 1st half especially we were really missing him. He's frustrating but he looks to have a good bit of quality about him. I've really liked the big guy so far.

He's been switching between LW/RW for us, was that something he did at Morton? I was just assuming he'd be playing as a striker for us but seems favoured out on the wing with Tete in the middle.

He played mostly off the left for us but did play anyone across the front line in his time with us depending on availability.

Also played a game left wing back under Hopkin which was a good laugh.

Owen Moffat played LW for us today and I felt much more comfortable with him there than Muirhead.

Well, that was very depressing

We actually done alright the first half, and should have been in front. Second half we completely fell to bits, treated the ball like a hot tottie, and it was a case of how many Livi wanted from 45 minute onwards. 

We look as good as a relegated team already. Manager hasn't a clue, too many injury prone players, or players simply not good enough, and a defence like a chocolate fireguard. 

Get the board and McPake to f*ck before it is too late. 

5 minutes ago, madton said:

He played mostly off the left for us but did play anyone across the front line in his time with us depending on availability.

Also played a game left wing back under Hopkin which was a good laugh.

Owen Moffat played LW for us today and I felt much more comfortable with him there than Muirhead.

Think we play each other in a few weeks so will be interesting to see how Muirhead gets on in that game. Can imagine he'll get a bit of abuse, who knows if that'll spur him on or make him wilt a bit. We were doing a bit of mixing up with him and Sole swapping wings in the cup games.