Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 3 August

Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

If we lost she’d get telt feck off I’m sitting with the dog tonight but a draw satasfies my needs happy wife happy life 😀

Lucky you ... I'm sat here watching Claire Balding at the Olympics....... you still got that bottle of 'fallin doon ' juice? ☹️

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

And?

Simply pointing out that he didnt endear himself to the Ayr fans  through his playing efforts but also noticed random comments about the Grealish headband.

Thats all.

9 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Lucky you ... I'm sat here watching Claire Balding at the Olympics....... you still got that bottle of 'fallin doon ' juice? ☹️

‘ fallin doon ‘ juice is in Donnachies with me 

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

‘ fallin doon ‘ juice is in Donnachies with me 

Ah well...thats no gonnae happen then....I'm barely a mile from Patricks stadium! 😂

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Morton supporters: we’ve got too many attacking mids/wide players…

Imrie: shut it, we’re going 4-1-3-2…

Partick were marginally the better team after the first 20 minutes it took them to work us out, but a deserved point nonetheless.

Negatives: Reynolds and Davies are going to have to toughen up massively if they’re going to make any impact up here.

Positives: Moffat and Lyall are apprentice Actual Football Players and combined brilliantly at times.

Mainly, though… Iain fkn Wilson…

Jet and Ali Crawford will be the talking points, for obvious reasons, but Wilson was magnificent out there today.

Give them time I'm sure Dougie will toughen up where needed . 

6 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Ah well...thats no gonnae happen then....I'm barely a mile from Patricks stadium! 😂

Oft I feel sorry for you, guess you smell the strong sent of pish coming from firhill 

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Thistle better side in first half but Morton passed up the chance of the game. Second half was mostly Morton so a draw was probably a fair result. The ref was atrocious and denied us a stonewall penalty for handball in the first half. Graham was anonymous, Fitzy was poor and the midfield is not right. Yet again some awful substitutions from Doolan. Why was Diack not brought on, or Stanway. Same old subs every week. McKenzie for a cameo and Bannigan for old times sake. Plus points were the keeper who looked solid enough and O'Reillly and McBeth who are our best central defence pairing. All in all that was very disappointing! 

Oh but Morton are shit our players are utter dross , we have Crawford man he's pants and oh we just don't have players that can pass a ball . Imrie is mental what happened surely we should have got pumped off a  team away from home fave to win this,while we are relegation material. I mean every bookie and fan in Scotland including the majority of our own had us gubbed fkn start believing get right fkn behind Dougie and let's fkn go a point away from home is massive right now because we can only get better 

Edited by montheton11

Can't have any complaints with that performance really. JET has to bury that chance and Broadfoot had a couple of misplaced pass brainfarts but nothing catastrophic, everyone in the starting XI ultimately played well. Wilson was imperious and by a mile the best player on the park, Lyall showed what Imrie sees in him with some of the passes he was playing when most players wouldn't spot them and Garrity & Crawford ran themselves into the ground. A really thankless task for Garrity in particular having to do the running for two forwards by himself with the shape JET is in, but he did it very well.

I'm not going to declare us promotion contenders off the back of that, but it's an excellent point and very encouraging to see the defensive discipline we have in what was a very attacking and brave shape.

We definitely dropped off after the subs with Davies and Reynolds not offering the same outball, which tells you something about how much Emmanuel-Thomas was occupying defenders despite not doing all that much with the ball at his feet. King, Blues and Gillespie all put a good shift in themselves though. There are obvious deficiencies throughout this squad and we've been made relegation favourites by a lot of people for a reason, but it's very encouraging that we can put up a fight and compete in a game like that when there were serious fears of being a 13/14 level rabble.

Much better from us than I'd seen in the League Cup games.

Thought we started better and JET ought to have buried that chance. Partick were the stronger side going into the break, having forced a number of corners. We seemed weaker on our left side in that half, with Delaney and Garrity not chasing balls they could have won. 

Second half we definitely shaded it and finished the stronger team, but this time our right side was the problem. The subs were all spot on but Reynolds kept losing the ball (or at best, won a throw in).

Wilson was outstanding and I continue to like Moffat's workrate. All we need is goals now.

It's only one game, but I'm feeling less pessimistic after seeing that.

Mrhmmm. Pretty toothless from us. Toothless from Morton as well, to be fair, but they still had the best opportunity of the match by far.

Williams at right back looked like it *almost* worked, couple of good crunching challenges in, and he's a terrific athlete. Drifted out in the second half and didn't really look like he knew what to do going forward.

Bit surprised our keeper got MOTM, didn't think he had all that much to do? Stayed sharp after our brainfart in the 1, maybe Robinson for the effort if nothing else.

Morton handled just about every single second ball. Lost count of how many times Chalmers misjudged a bounce and it floated over him too.

When we cant target a full back we've not really got any way through, barely worked the Morton keeper through the entire match.

Awful lot of work still to do. Milne going down with a knock reminded me we could do with a left back, Wasiri's performance showed we could do with a right back that can, and Graham's performance showed we could do with another forward... but Chalmers and Fitzpatrick were a bit lacklustre too. First game, tbf, and time still needed for the players to click. Praying Lawless gets back to his old self, another creative option.

Was glad JET came off for Morton in the end, he was comfortably dealt with in the 1st half by us but grew better/more influential as the game wore on.

Was Bannigan dropping almost into a centre half position late on??

Referee a bit laissez faire, nothing too controversial barring a possible handball shout after our long throw, think the Morton players hands were close down at his side but might have motioned toward the ball, idk what the script is anymore with handball. Is the "substitutes must leave the field of play at the closest exit point" thing still enforced, think thats what a few of our players were grumbling about at one of the morton subs? Ultimately its one of the more petty rules but the game was uneventful so hopefully can spark a pointless argument on here.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Simply pointing out that he didnt endear himself to the Ayr fans  through his playing efforts but also noticed random comments about the Grealish headband.

Thats all.

Other than for a handful of fans, this isn’t remotely true tbh.