Improving P&B - The Suggestion Box

Opening the floor to our community.

We've been running without any major changes for a few years now, and whilst that's great, I'm conscious that I never really ask the punters what they want from the site.

So, this is your chance! What changes would you suggest that would improve P&B?

As long as platinum members can still read everyone else's PM's then I'll be cool with any new things.  

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Bring back the function where you can see peoples' username changes, trying to keep track of who folk are is a pain in the arse at times.

That was easy. Done.

Put the old emojis at the top of the emoji list.  They’re the only ones I certain posters understand and I they shouldn’t have to scroll through all the other ones to get there.

ETA hand out extra greenies any time England get beat in a major tournament; extra extra if it’s the final.

Edited by Granny Danger

I know we can block individual posters (although I have never - yet - actually done so) but is there any way to block an entire thread or forum from the "All Activity" view? Interesting as they no doubt are to some, I have no real desire to scroll through a bunch of posts every day about Wordle, or quiz scores, or wrestling, and many others besides.

Adjust the sweary filters.

For example: f**k the Pars; get intae the fucking Pars.

One scrubbed, one not. Might as well get rid of it. Or add Pars to the list of banned words.

Just now, scottsdad said:

Adjust the sweary filters.

For example: f**k the Pars; get intae the fucking Pars.

One scrubbed, one not. Might as well get rid of it. Or add Pars to the list of banned words.

vandetta/vandetta has passed its useful lifespan too.

5 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I know we can block individual posters (although I have never - yet - actually done so) but is there any way to block an entire thread or forum from the "All Activity" view? Interesting as they no doubt are to some, I have no real desire to scroll through a bunch of posts every day about Wordle, or quiz scores, or wrestling, and many others besides.

This. 

And the ability to filter All Activity to individual forums. 

Don't merge threads so often.

If two different match threads have been started for the same game then fair enough, but if someone has started a new thread about a specific topic related to a club which may be interesting to fans of other clubs too, it doesn't need to get merged into one gigantic thread for that club to get lost among discussions about hospitality suites and testimonials for kitmen that fans of other clubs will not give a f**k about. This will also go some way to slowing down the tedious posts playing the obsessed card whenever someone dares to post about another club on a multi-club forum because this isn't your thread.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That's been removed.

5 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

You can create your own Activity Stream which you can customise to include only forums you're interested in, or even just topics you've marked as following.

Activity, My Activity Streams, Create New Stream.

Does that help?

9 minutes ago, Div said:

You can create your own Activity Stream which you can customise to include only forums you're interested in, or even just topics you've marked as following.

Does that help?

+1 for this - I have used this function since it was introduced and it is bang on.

39 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

This. 

And the ability to filter All Activity to individual forums. 

You can already do that my creating your own customised Activity Stream?
Activity, My Activity Stream, Create New Stream
Choose Topics, then click the cog and Narrow by Forums

37 minutes ago, Div said:

Does that help?

Every day's a school day. I'll give that a try now, cheers!

On 31/07/2024 at 15:41, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Similarly John McVeigh is a tit confuses me. I think it's an auto-sub for 'minge' but I don't know. And I've been here 10 years. I don't know that it needs to be changed  but if someone could explain it to me I'd be grateful.