Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Seems an interesting option. He's older though so maybe not be prepared to up roots as he's unlikely to see us as a stepping stone to greater things in the future. 

6 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

do we want a living legend who may well fail at starks park. i think our expectations of him would be way over the top

So now we should avoid people with a successful track record because we'd expect too much? 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So now we should avoid people with a successful track record because we'd expect too much? 

just read the many negative posts on here to prove my concern. and i did not say avoid him . in my view he would be perfect for us but not all supporters would agree

Edited by Varna Rover

His name was mentioned on this thread a couple of times and I thought it was a wind up like the usual micky takers, but having researched him, they could be right, maybe too set in his ways after 19 years but hes a better shout than a lot of the names on that list  

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

His name was mentioned on this thread a couple of times and I thought it was a wind up like the usual micky takers, but having researched him, they could be right, maybe too set in his ways after 19 years but hes a better shout than a lot of the names on that list  

agreed totally but still a good shout for us. but some would prefer ma baxter and her pea and ham soup

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Some clubs have done that for a lot of years. Most clubs do it now I think (including Raith). 
Its ‘tickets sold’ rather than clicks through the turnstiles. 
Makes sense if you think about it, although I agree I’d rather see a figure of how many people were actually at the game. 

Exactly. I'm not a fan of it, but the seats are paid for so you can understand why.

Bit concerned about the wellbeing of an Airdrie fan coming onto a Rovers thread to have a random dunt at Falkirk though! Bit weird. Bit like the Ayr lad.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Exactly. I'm not a fan of it, but the seats are paid for so you can understand why.

Bit concerned about the wellbeing of an Airdrie fan coming onto a Rovers thread to have a random dunt at Falkirk though! Bit weird. Bit like the Ayr lad.

i am a bit surprised the emergency services haven't taken this up. they could end up looking for people not their in an emergency

22 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'd rather have Stephen Baxter than David Healy, although Dean Shiels might do O.K. (at Coleraine). But neither Baxter nor Healy would relocate to Coleraine.

Healy won't end up at Ibrox any time soon - especially not as manager.

21 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Another pusher of Stephen Baxter, are you guys related and why would an Aberdeen supporter have an opinion on who Rovers manager should be

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Why not? Open forum - and I do know a bit about Irish League football.

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

So you're admitting you knew nothing about him when you ridiculed my post - quoted above with your patronising reply?

37 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

do we want a living legend who may well fail at starks park. i think our expectations of him would be way over the top

Thank you for the epithet by the way.

I'll have you know I've never failed past anyone's expectations.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

So you're admitting you knew nothing about him when you ridiculed my post - quoted above with your patronising reply?

Thanks very much for your observation, maybe you should get in touch with the powers that be in Kirkcaldy instead of on here, we might've had a Manager/Coach by now 😉😊

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Thanks very much for your observation, maybe you should get in touch with the powers that be in Kirkcaldy instead of on here, we might've had a Manager/Coach by now 😉😊

So I'm not supposed to have an opinion (on Raith's next manager) but should have conveyed said opinion to the Raith board?

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

So I'm not supposed to have an opinion (on Raith's next manager) but should have conveyed said opinion to the Raith board?

You can have as many opinions as you like mate, I like a few others thought you meant Stuart Baxter, and my comment about getting in touch with Starks Park was said in jest, christ we've had about 3 weeks of names being  banded about and still no further forward after sacking a man for gawd knows what reason 

23 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Another pusher of Stephen Baxter, are you guys related and why would an Aberdeen supporter have an opinion on who Rovers manager should be

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

You can have as many opinions as you like mate, I like a few others thought you meant Stuart Baxter, and my comment about getting in touch with Starks Park was said in jest, christ we've had about 3 weeks of names being  banded about and still no further forward after sacking a man for gawd knows what reason 

14 hours ago, Raithie said:

Throw in some really poor performances and results since the turn of the year and you really can't question their decision. 

Oh you really can. It’s ludicrous to sack the manager one league game in to the season without anyone being lined up. If they had doubts, which they clearly did, he should have been gone at the end of last season. It’s not been handled well. Fanboy stuff to say otherwise. 

31 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Oh you really can. It’s ludicrous to sack the manager one league game in to the season without anyone being lined up. If they had doubts, which they clearly did, he should have been gone at the end of last season. It’s not been handled well. Fanboy stuff to say otherwise. 

Do most teams have a new manager lined up when they sack the current one? 

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Do most teams have a new manager lined up when they sack the current one? 

Some do some don’t. Some have someone in mind and act quickly. The key here is timing. How can you defend sacking a guy after one league game. If you’re of the opinion he was right to be sacked he should have gone at the end of last season giving time to find someone else and giving the new manager pre season. Btw did your director of football or whatever he calls himself not give a twenty minute saying they’d done due diligence etc on a new manager and that this would be quick. So while they might not have had someone  in place he certainly painted a much more positive picture than how it’s playing out. 

4 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Some do some don’t. Some have someone in mind and act quickly. The key here is timing. How can you defend sacking a guy after one league game. If you’re of the opinion he was right to be sacked he should have gone at the end of last season giving time to find someone else and giving the new manager pre season. Btw did your director of football or whatever he calls himself not give a twenty minute saying they’d done due diligence etc on a new manager and that this would be quick. So while they might not have had someone  in place he certainly painted a much more positive picture than how it’s playing out. 

Why do you care so much? If the answer is "I don't", give it a rest. It's all been explained countless times here and by the CEO himself. You can believe it or not, but bleating on about it with no other info to add is pretty tedious.

Or is it because the speculation seems to have unsettled your club's manager and you've got off to a howler?

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Why do you care so much? If the answer is "I don't", give it a rest. It's all been explained countless times here and by the CEO himself. You can believe it or not, but bleating on about it with no other info to add is pretty tedious.

Or is it because the speculation seems to have unsettled your club's manager and you've got off to a howler?

Just thought the original post I quoted (“cant really question the decision”) was bizarre. Aside from that I’m interested in who you get. Didn’t think McCabe was likely to be appointed at all so the unsettled comment from you is just as bizarre. We have got off to a howler but unfortunately it’s not down to some boy on p&b suggesting him as your next manager or mcbookies quoting him. It’s a bigger issue than that. . 

1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

It hasn’t been handled well but they gave a reason why he wasn’t ( deserved to lead team again) but since preseason we haven’t been good and he kept doing the same things and tactics so looked like he didn’t know how to fix it. We need someone in now hopefully this week and kick on . What about McCabe ? Sticky patch for you boys