Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, g martin said:

Can't find anywhere to bet on it myself now, have the bookies given up on it due to lack of interest or do they also have a blank piece of paper with no candidates left? 

They've closed the book. Apparently Lee Bullen's name just isn't going away...

Surely you'll have a new guy in the dug out for the Derby? 

26 minutes ago, g martin said:

Who are the current likely candidates / bookies favourites? The rumour mill seems to have stopped churning.

No rumours at all which is unheard of for Scottish football, someone always tells someone. No news leads to rumour and innuendo about action or lack of or us getting knock backs. I can’t for the life of me think it will take longer than this week but who knows

Made my own odds to amuse myself in the absence of any actual ones. Any takers?

Barry Robson 3/1

Gary Bowyer 4/1

Liam Fox 5/1

Jack Ross 7/1

John Hughes 10/1

Neil Lennon 10/1

Kevin Thomson 10/1

Robbie Neilson 15/1

Steven Naismith 20/1

Ian Murray 50/1

Edited by g martin

3 minutes ago, g martin said:

Made my own odds to amuse myself in the absence of any actual ones. Any takers?

Barry Robson 3/1

Gary Bowyer 4/1

Liam Fox 5/1

Jack Ross 7/1

John Hughes 10/1

Neil Lennon 10/1

Kevin Thomson 10/1

Robbie Neilson 15/1

Steven Naismith 20/1

Ian Murray 50/1

That Ian Murray guy is worth a punt , surprised Lee bullen isn’t there 😂😂

52 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Still find it pretty mental the lack of criticism your board is getting for this. They’ve made a proper arse of it. 

They've came close to appointing two people, one of whom had agreed terms before then getting cold feet. For all people can question the wisdom of sacking Murray, there's very little that can be done when you get to the latter stages and then there's a change. 

Had we kept Murray and had the same start, there would've been folk calling for his head.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They've closed the book. Apparently Lee Bullen's name just isn't going away...

Surely you'll have a new guy in the dug out for the Derby? 

Aye, announcement by Friday.

10 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I think I preferred this thread when we were getting called racist for disagreeing with an Englishman that we didn’t know was English! All them big words is making me confused!

Maybe we should facilitate your velocitous
extramuralisation from this thread.

39 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

74 pages and f**k all worth reading. The worst Fife Free Press ever.

Was just thinking this. How does a new manager thread get to 74 pages. Shows how pear-shaped everything's gone.

10 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

Was just thinking this. How does a new manager thread get to 74 pages. Shows how pear-shaped everything's gone.

Thought your CEO said you had decided months ago that he was on the way out. I guess he was talking shite

8 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Starting to think that your board in fact hadn't been considering binning your manager and this was an impulsive decision.

I know this was said (mostly) in jest, but the fact that the guys on our shortlist turned out to not be interested and another guy agreed terms then changed his mind has no bearing on whether the decision to sack Murray was impulsive or not. 

The fact that we seem to have gone back to the start of the process since Healy turned us down is actually encouraging to me. 
The easy thing would have been to panic and appoint the least worst of the other candidates we’d spoken to. 
The board seem to have a bit more sense than that and are obviously waiting to find the right guy. 

It may yet turn out to be a poor decision, but under Murray I don’t think we’d have challenged unless he could drastically change the way he thinks. 
I don’t think we’ve been worse since he went (especially considering the injury list) so if the board continue to remain calm and measured I’m sure we’ll get in someone at least as good as Murray who can take us forward. 

That doesn’t mean it’s not frustrating though!

9 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I know this was said (mostly) in jest, but the fact that the guys on our shortlist turned out to not be interested and another guy agreed terms then changed his mind has no bearing on whether the decision to sack Murray was impulsive or not. 

The fact that we seem to have gone back to the start of the process since Healy turned us down is actually encouraging to me. 
The easy thing would have been to panic and appoint the least worst of the other candidates we’d spoken to. 
The board seem to have a bit more sense than that and are obviously waiting to find the right guy. 

It may yet turn out to be a poor decision, but under Murray I don’t think we’d have challenged unless he could drastically change the way he thinks. 
I don’t think we’ve been worse since he went (especially considering the injury list) so if the board continue to remain calm and measured I’m sure we’ll get in someone at least as good as Murray who can take us forward. 

Who is your ideal and / or realistic pick now? Want to place a bet at any of my odds or have a different candidate in mind?

30 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

How long do you wait though? Another month? what is it they want from the right candidate and why start the process from scratch again when a lot of work has been done already , you could say it’s just stalling for time eventually a decision needs to be made and the longer it goes more expectation of the new manager will be there as he must be amazing , we are wasting a really good opportunity this season with this, if they didn’t believe in Murray bin him in the summer