The Spider's v The Lion's/Friday 9th August.

Selfishly happy that this got moved to the Friday night, off on holiday Saturday evening so at least it's one less game I'll miss. Got a mate coming to this that only goes once in a blue moon, probably good news for Queen's Park as I don't think he's ever actually watched a Livi win.

Would be happy for us to keep the same team as Saturday, even if there were a couple things I didn't agree with before kick off. If Montano is back to replace Nottingham then even better, if not I'd probably want Nottingham out at RB with Finlayson in the centre rather than the other way about. There's also Olly Green on the bench who's looked excellent in his games so far, don't think anyone would be disappointed with him coming into the midfield with Brandon going to RB. All that said though, the second half in particular against Dunfermline didn't really show we need to be changing too much.

4 hours ago, starshot131 said:

So the question on everyone's mind is, which is smaller:
The away allocation at lesser
OR
The number of Livi fans that would travel through

Think there's only 60 tickets left in our allocation, cutting it close :D 

A Livi team full of confidence following as comfortable a win as we could home for. 

Watching QP against Falkirk they have a number of good players to watch out for, but I'm sure that the Livi defence which has only conceded one goal in five games has enough to manage this. Notts although not people's first choice I thought looked good, Sham looking like a different man and Pitts and Kelly in midfield is going to be lethal. 

Hoping for another 2-0 to the Lions for a strong start to the season going into the cup break.

17 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

It is now sold out. Found out I'd be free and went to check tickets and they are gone. 

Think the whole ground is sold out. It's almost as if one tiny ridiculous stand is nowhere near suitable for football at this level; shocking, truly.

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

It is now sold out. Found out I'd be free and went to check tickets and they are gone. 

Had just checked and looked like 12 still available but those were blue for home fans next to us, and yep, ours are all red for already sold, glad i got mine on Saturday when we were in the Almondvale Suite and decided we were going.  Think this is a first for Livi selling out our allocation.

7 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

I managed to get a ticket. I'm completely ignorant here, is this normal for QP to sell out or was there some further capacity reduction this summer?

Game was moved from Hampden because Rangers are using it on Saturday for their game against Motherwell. 

Effectively this game has been shifted to accommodate Rangers. 

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Game was moved from Hampden because Rangers are using it on Saturday for their game against Motherwell. 

Effectively this game has been shifted to accommodate Rangers. 

Only the day was moved, this one was always meant to be at Lesser with us back in Hampden from the next home game, same thing happened last year.

Admittedly, we beat a poor Pars side on Saturday. Suspect Queens at Lesser will be a tougher proposition for the Lions.But confident of getting a result to keep the momentum going.Bring it on.🦁👍⬆️.

I have no idea what to expect from Queen's Park, other than a pumping off Hibs I see they won 3 of their LC matches with an aggregate score of 15-0 and they knocked it around quite nicely from what I saw of them vs Falkirk the other night. 

What do QP fans expect from this season? Title challenge, play-offs, settle for mid-table? I see they nearly went down last season but I reckon you have a decent manager on your hands. The most difficult of the other 9 to predict for me. 

2 hours ago, JD and associates said:

I have no idea what to expect from Queen's Park, other than a pumping off Hibs I see they won 3 of their LC matches with an aggregate score of 15-0 and they knocked it around quite nicely from what I saw of them vs Falkirk the other night. 

What do QP fans expect from this season? Title challenge, play-offs, settle for mid-table? I see they nearly went down last season but I reckon you have a decent manager on your hands. The most difficult of the other 9 to predict for me. 

imo we're a few players away from the best starting 11 in the league. beyond that things get patchy, and we have a slight injury crisis in defence. I don't think we're favourites to go down at all, but I wouldn't put money on us getting a playoff place. If I was being realistic I think we'll be ~6th, but if we get a couple of good signings then we should be looking at the top half of the table