Didn’t think we’d need another thread so soon. 

I only caught the highlights from the last game so don’t know how each team performed. I’m going to miss this one again as I’m travelling back from the Isle of Lewis. 

I think we will put in another performance- don’t think it will be another 5-0 pumping but a comfortable 2-0 again. Brown has got a buzz back about playing at home and this is a massive opportunity to start building a gap and make other teams get a result just to keep up 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Like I've said multiple times Ayr are a good side this season they were excellent against Airdrie and deserved the 5-0 win. I seen a post from the SPFL on twitter after the 2-0 that Ayr are now unbeaten in the last 10 matches against us which probably just shows how bad we've been against Ayr in the last few years. For us Martin will be back after serving his suspension which is massive as we badly missed him against Morton I would expect that he'll come in for Todorov and we'll set up the same way we did in our last game against Ayr. Hopefully Longridge starts really don't know who we'll have at center half next to McGinty. I liked Bradley in the cup games but he hasn't really done much in the past few games however he's not been terrible either but I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson comes in for him as he's done well a couple of times off the bench recently.

I'm not expecting us to pick up anything here however after this game though we have 2 games at Home against sides we really should be looking at winning so I think this will be the last game for a while where I would be happy with a draw going into the game however I don't think we'll manage that hope I'm proven wrong though 

Ayr 3-1 Accies 

Team picks itself for me with no need for any changes providing everyone stays fit through the week. 

I’ll be happy with any kind of win to see us build some momentum. 

Brilliant to see both clubs and the SFA use a bit of common sense and get this game moved. You could argue that the fortnight rest might of done us good heading into the Raith Rovers game however I’m of the opinion of getting the game played and keep the positivity going. 

I thought we played well enough against Hamilton previously but Friday night was just different gravy and if we play anywhere close to that Hamilton should be in for a tough afternoon. 

Like D’Jaffo I’d be picking the same team as Friday if everyone is fit. There wasn’t a single failure in that team. 

Scorewise I’ll go 2-0 again but would take any sort of victory. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You could argue that the fortnight rest might of done us good heading into the Raith Rovers game

Playing the Mark Corrigan card here and pointing out that no military historian of the last 3000 years would recommend easing up after a massive victory like that.

Who knows when players will start getting injured, so it's important to get as many points on the board while the sun is still shining as possible. If Brown can show that Friday wasn't a fluke it'll put the fear of God into every single team in the division.

Saying that, I have a bad feeling about this. 2-0 Hamilton.

As an Ayr fan enjoying the good times, I know a kick in the nuts is coming, and if it’s coming, it’ll happen in front of a home crowd.

Will it be this week? Who knows. 

Airdrie are more open than Hamilton, they try to dominate possession and move the ball quickly, we pinched it off them a lot and their back four shat it. 

Hamilton were a lot more stuffy and harder to break down. 

1 nil Ayr,, a goal scored in the first 10 minutes from a set-piece. 

Ideally another win here to keep building momentum, would take a 1-0 and happily move on. This Ayr side feel incredibly well drilled. The pessimist in me can see a McGinty goal in front of the SRE. 

51 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As an Ayr fan enjoying the good times, I know a kick in the nuts is coming, and if it’s coming, it’ll happen in front of a home crowd.

It's not coming.

Ayr United Football Club will never lose again.

Going for 2-0 home win, again echo about playing the same team.  Quit glad there is no break for us, the good season under Bullen we never won coming back off a weeks break I am sure, always look disjointed.  The players also wont be wanting a break of a week just now while in such good form.  

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's not coming.

Ayr United Football Club will never lose again.

Imagine the rage within the fan base when something bad actually happens

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Going for 2-0 home win, again echo about playing the same team.  Quit glad there is no break for us, the good season under Bullen we never won coming back off a weeks break I am sure, always look disjointed.  The players also wont be wanting a break of a week just now while in such good form.  

When was the last time we won 3 league games in a row? 
Bullen picked the same team after a win because he thought he’d finally cracked the code and we always got pumped in the next game. 

I think it will be mostly the same team, Murphy and Hastie will swap either before of during the match. 

Expecting a really tough game here. Anyone who was at the game at New Douglas Park a couple weeks back will know how tight that game was before the red card. 

As good as Ayr were on Friday, Airdrie played into our hands massively by persisting to play out under pressure and being caught wide open. Hamilton will definitely turn us more often by hitting Shaw. In theory he should be a decent outball to bypass the press. Also expect them to be far more compact than Airdrie.

Still expect Ayr to win, given how confident the players look but think it could be a close one where we are frustrated at times. 

2-1 Ayr

Brown will adapt his tactics against Hamilton - he knows they're a different proposition than Airdrie were and will be tighter at the back (even with big Sean there lol). I expect a much closer game unless we score early - not at all over-confident but I think we'll prevail especially when our bench gets a chance to prove themselves (and Brown will want that anyway).  Another 2-0 will be acceptable - anything more than that then we can start to dream a wee bit ("After 3 games, ya numpty!?. Get real- we are Ayr United", said the voice in my head 😅.)   

42 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hamilton haven't lost a single game since the last time we played them. Will be a tricky game IMO.

Whilst they aren't a terrible side they aren't overly great either. Finished miles behind us last season and never laid a glove on us in the four meetings between the sides ( the 0-0 at TFS apart). Rankin did well to get them through the playoffs but Inverness were absolutely stinking and one of the worst sides I'd saw in a while. If they start losing a few on the bounce it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the knives to be out again for Rankin who seems to be quite hated by a lot of the Accies support. They've one or two decent players though but I think Ayr will win comfortably. 

Hopefully Kilday will make it back for this and give us a more solid back four, or three, with Longridge in as well. 

Scotty back in midfield is a big boost and I would expect a far better performance than Saturday's. 

Think it will be a tight game and we might sneak a point, mibbee even a goal.