As no one cares about midweek in the diddy cup lets get onto the more important stuff, We need to be on it from minute one on Saturday we can't have another first half like last week, Stirling will be a tough game they seem to be in a bit of a transition new manager and a lot of new players.

For me Connell needs to start I'd go with

Kinnear 

Houston McKay Hamilton Robson 

Grant Murdoch 

Redfern Connell  Scullion 

Allan

No idea lineup wise. Will depend on injuries. From AMs post match interview it seems like Davidosn is a good bit away from being back and I wouldn't expect to see Milne back soon either. Harley Ewen being back would be a bonus to bolster the midfield.

Will be interesting to see if we persist with playing it out from the back. Elgin were happy to let us for the most part and barely pressed the back 3.

A team more willing to press them could make for a bit more entertainment at both ends.

Saturday was mostly slow,patient build up preceding a generally poor ball forward. We certainly don't look a cohesive unit in possession and it's not really clicked at all in the final third.

Hope Carrick is fit to start as he makes an enormous difference even with little to feed on.

The back 3 looked mostly secure even though both Sula and josh kerr give some hairy moments being a bit over confident on the ball.  Thought it was better with Geeks on the left.

Ricky waugh has looked the only midfielder likely to create much and we definitely need him to stay fit 

Hard to see us getting anything at the moment. I'd definitely take a draw.

Well I won't be going, as a. I never want to go back to that ground ever again, and b. We'll likely get pumped. 

Put this down to one of our 'free hits' this season. 

Team wise, if Harkness is available I'd be tempted to fire him in at right back, play Geeks and Sula in the middle and push Josh Kerr into midfield to help young Ricky Waugh out. Carrick to start although he hates an artificial surface. 

We 'might' be able to sneak something, but it'll take a good effort against one of the title favourites. From what I've seen so far, canny see it, but at this level anything can happen. 

27 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Well I won't be going, as a. I never want to go back to that ground ever again, and b. We'll likely get pumped. 

Team wise, if Harkness is available I'd be tempted to fire him in at right back, play Geeks and Sula in the middle and push Josh Kerr into midfield to help young Ricky Waugh out. Carrick to start although he hates an artificial surface. 

We 'might' be able to sneak something, but it'll take a good effort against one of the title favourites. From what I've seen so far, canny see it, but at this level anything can happen. 

I'd tried to forget my last visit too. A dismal humping at a soulless ground and a bad pie just to top it off......

I won't be rushing back either

Saturday was what it was... a new sqaud... a teenage midfield & huff n puff upfront.... we were nowhere 6 weeks ago so of course it's going to take time .. the manager has even stressed that...with a threadbare sqaud at present we just have to keep going... he's trying to bring others in & I'm sure he's looking at the midfield to help out young Ricky Waugh... i thought young Harry Wright had his best game for us so far on Saturday ...so the ability is there, we just need to encourage them, they will make mistakes but the effort is there to see...

Looked better with a 3.... on Saturday.... midfield just needs a bit more ..a playmaker alongside Waugh & a tough tackling midfielder to sit ..  Davidson is a loss for sure, going to be a wee while before we get him back,, Milne being injured isn't much of a loss IMO 

Carrick is definitely our main man upfront... Roy just seems to either be trying too hard or making wrong decisions..Cammy McKiinley is still raw, plenty of effort, hopefully it will click for him, seems to be struggling with the pace of the game...

I don't think Euan or Denham will be back for the weekend & with Harkness still injured i cant see much change from Saturday unless any signings come through the door...

NDP is a shambles of a ground & catering probably the worse last season...don't expect any better this season. 

Hopefully we turn up Saturday...plenty effort & desire from the lads in the binos shirts...self belief & we will be right behind them .. 1-1 draw i think 

C'mon the binos 🇵🇪  💪

17 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

No idea lineup wise. Will depend on injuries. From AMs post match interview it seems like Davidosn is a good bit away from being back and I wouldn't expect to see Milne back soon either. Harley Ewen being back would be a bonus to bolster the midfield.

Will be interesting to see if we persist with playing it out from the back. Elgin were happy to let us for the most part and barely pressed the back 3.

A team more willing to press them could make for a bit more entertainment at both ends.

Saturday was mostly slow,patient build up preceding a generally poor ball forward. We certainly don't look a cohesive unit in possession and it's not really clicked at all in the final third.

Hope Carrick is fit to start as he makes an enormous difference even with little to feed on.

The back 3 looked mostly secure even though both Sula and josh kerr give some hairy moments being a bit over confident on the ball.  Thought it was better with Geeks on the left.

Ricky waugh has looked the only midfielder likely to create much and we definitely need him to stay fit 

Hard to see us getting anything at the moment. I'd definitely take a draw.

Just picking up on a few points from your post mate.

- I have it on good authority that Davidson isn't a million miles away and is roughly looking at 3-4 weeks.

- He's committed to play that way, he'll not change it this early, and personally, I don't think he should bin it either.

- Would have to agree with you on that, which was surprising because I liked the look of Kerr previously. Maybe just "one of those days" for him.

16 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Agree with all this mate, and I'll not be there either. Nothing against Clyde I'm just not spending the money they are charging to go there.

4 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Saturday was what it was... a new sqaud... a teenage midfield & huff n puff upfront.... we were nowhere 6 weeks ago so of course it's going to take time .. the manager has even stressed that...with a threadbare sqaud at present we just have to keep going... he's trying to bring others in & I'm sure he's looking at the midfield to help out young Ricky Waugh... i thought young Harry Wright had his best game for us so far on Saturday ...so the ability is there, we just need to encourage them, they will make mistakes but the effort is there to see...

That's worrying, because with the exception of 1 phase of play in the second half which resulted in the keeper making a good save, I thought he was poor and gave the ball away alot. I'm not writing the lad off, but he looks to be someone who is going through that transition from Development to mens football and is very hit and miss.

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Just picking up on a few points from your post mate.

- I have it on good authority that Davidson isn't a million miles away and is roughly looking at 3-4 weeks.

- He's committed to play that way, he'll not change it this early, and personally, I don't think he should bin it either.

- Would have to agree with you on that, which was surprising because I liked the look of Kerr previously. Maybe just "one of those days" for him.

Agree with all this mate, and I'll not be there either. Nothing against Clyde I'm just not spending the money they are charging to go there.

That's worrying, because with the exception of 1 phase of play in the second half which resulted in the keeper making a good save, I thought he was poor and gave the ball away alot. I'm not writing the lad off, but he looks to be someone who is going through that transition from Development to mens football and is very hit and miss.

It's fine & I've always said to have opinions are good.... I think i said it was his best game so far IMO... against Raith & Accies he was a bit caught out in between the lines & ball didn't stick.... I thought on Saturday he was always looking & willing to take/recieve the ball .  Yes it didn't always come off but he didn't hide, he wanted it & that's what i like...he had a good few moments in both halves i thought... I think the lad will continue to get better.... 👍

51 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

It's fine & I've always said to have opinions are good.... I think i said it was his best game so far IMO... against Raith & Accies he was a bit caught out in between the lines & ball didn't stick.... I thought on Saturday he was always looking & willing to take/recieve the ball .  Yes it didn't always come off but he didn't hide, he wanted it & that's what i like...he had a good few moments in both halves i thought... I think the lad will continue to get better.... 👍

yip, can’t argue with that, and would definitely agree 

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

i thought it was a pretty mixed bag. he's going to frustrate with losing the ball a lot i think but hopefully we see more of the dribbling ability that set up his chance. he's too lightweight to play in the middle and did his best work out wide. 

would be great if Davidson was back in that timescale. he would make a big difference i think. A Waugh/Davidson midfield combo could be good. 

FWIW i agree with you about continuing to play out from the back. i think we should and will and i'm keen to see how it plays out against a team more willing to press. i actually think it could potentially work better with creating a bit more space earlier. On Saturday when we had possession in our own half, Elgin were generally all set up and hard to break down. 

Edited by WattersIsGod

Really looking forward to this. The fact we're playing one of the mini-arsecheeks in the diddiest of cups tomorrow just makes me more excited for the real stuff on Saturday. For me, I'd go with...

- Kinnear -

- Houston - Hamilton - McKay - Robson -

- Connelly - Murdoch - Grant - Scullion -

- Connell - Allan -

... with Kyle Connell dropping a little bit deeper off of Allan. For me, we really need to be seeing something from Jordan this weekend. Although he's putting himself about, he doesn't look match fit and it says a lot that Connell and Dunachie added so much when the were introduced at half time against Stranraer. I don't think you could ever call him a prolific goalscorer but regardless, 0 goals and 0 assists in 5 appearances so far doesn't reflect well.

At this early stage in the season I think it's all about getting through games unscathed. Minimal injuries, minimal losses and as many clean sheets as possible until everyone gets up to speed - so more of that please Clyde FC!

Another NO to NDP from me. It's a grim experience going into that underground car park and even worse after last season's games.

Need to get some more width IMO, the wing-back situation isn't gelling (yet) whether that's personnel or tactical but everything seems to go through the middle.

Shoe on the other foot, I doubt I would be paying £19 for Saturday either. 

All I know about Saturday is that Connell deserves to start. He looks like an asset who always has something to offer, whether it's open play or a set piece. 

I'm really interested to see how Maybury has Stirling looking. I can't pretend to be able to call how they'll be based just on the highlights I have watched.

Hopefully McCall sticks with having the defence playing in their actual positions, but three games against League 2 teams this season and three clean sheets can't be grumbled about so far.

it's a lot to charge for this level of football. i personally think our £17 is quite a lot too so sticking another 10%+ on that is definitely too much........

it's not exactly a nice place to watch football with only a few hundred in the stadium. Totally lacking in atmosphere. 

i also think most Stirling fans who did attend last season probably have PTSD from two of our most abysmal 'performances' in a season where we had plenty to choose from. 

14 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

So what I’m getting here is that Stirling will have no fans at the game because they’re scared of car parks, even though you can walk round and avoid the car park.

That's quite the take given that literally only one person has even mentioned the car park. 

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Well done for taking my very serious comment about people being scared of car parks seriously. 

I forgot about the superior patter of Clyde fans. 

I can't help but think the folk greetin' about the £19 but apparently absolutely fine paying just £2 less last season are, for want of a better phrase - at it. Of course you could argue that this level of football simply isn't worth £19 but was it worth £17? Is it even worth £16 or, dare I say it, £15? Probably not. No lower league football fan I know is in this with any expectation of getting their money's worth, no matter if the gate price is £14 or £19.

If you genuinely cannot afford it that's a different matter but I think anyone who could afford the £17 last season can almost definitely afford a 2 quid increase. By all means, stay away if you think you're making some sort of point about the moral nature of the pricing structure but ultimately, all you're doing it hurting the team you profess to love.

As for these Stirling fans who have decided big bad NDP is just too soul destroying for them to grace us with their presence, know this - we wouldn't have known you were there on Saturday regardless of the result. Have fun watching the live updates on the BBC. Your club is very much welcome to you.