The Rangers v Celtic away allocation thread

This keeps cropping up and people tend to get a bit uppity about seeing it so often so thought I’d take it away from the main forum.

After agreeing a standard 5% away allocation last season, the latest is that Celtic are apparently not going to honour this over fears that any measures agreed between the sides are not in place at Ibrox.

I’m not sure exactly what those measures are, but it seems to include betting around the away sections. I’m unsure if Celtic have undertaken this work already nor if it’s likely Rangers will have it in place come January, but either way, it looks like Celtic want a shut out again.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-old-firm-allocations/5Hju19yOl4ke48Vt53hrrb

RANGERS was today informed that Celtic will make no allocation for away fans for the September Old Firm game. 

The allocation to be implemented by both clubs was clear and Rangers was taking all steps towards fulfilling that agreement. 

In the meantime, we can confirm that no away allocation will apply for the January Old Firm fixture at Ibrox. This is consistent with the reciprocity embedded in the agreement reached between the clubs and the SPFL.

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-old-firm-allocations/5Hju19yOl4ke48Vt53hrrb

RANGERS was today informed that Celtic will make no allocation for away fans for the September Old Firm game. 

The allocation to be implemented by both clubs was clear and Rangers was taking all steps towards fulfilling that agreement. 

In the meantime, we can confirm that no away allocation will apply for the January Old Firm fixture at Ibrox. This is consistent with the reciprocity embedded in the agreement reached between the clubs and the SPFL.

What do Rangers do here? Take the high ground, ignore reciprocity and give an allocation, or continue this tedious playground shite?

Oh...they went for option 2.

Both teams run by f**king toddlers. By God Scottish football is stained by these f**king weirdos. 

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

What do Rangers do here? Take the high ground, ignore reciprocity and give an allocation, or continue this tedious playground shite?

Oh...they went for option 2.

Both teams run by f**king toddlers. By God Scottish football is stained by these f**king weirdos. 

We tried that last season and Celtic refused the allocation. 

I'm beginning to warm to theme of this. Some people love to sell Scottish football on the arse cheeks Derby, and some people like to sell the tin pot aspects that are woven through it....

The arse cheeks blowing all other tin pottery out the water.

Wish the fans of both clubs would remember this when they are bitching about not getting away tickets at other grounds.

Would love to see all clubs telling Celtic and rangers that if they don’t sell away tickets to each other then nobody will sell to them but that’ll never happen.

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Wish the fans of both clubs would remember this when they are bitching about not getting away tickets at other grounds.

Would love to see all clubs telling Celtic and rangers that if they don’t sell away tickets to each other then nobody will sell to them but that’ll never happen.

The thing is though, the fans want the tickets. It’s not their doing.

Seems to me like if the fans want the tickets, they would push their own respective clubs harder to reach agreement. Their failure to do so is likely a result of the relentless and pathological need to get one over the other cheek

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems to me like if the fans want the tickets, they would push their own respective clubs harder to reach agreement. Their failure to do so is likely a result of the relentless and pathological need to get one over the other cheek

It was agreed between the clubs last season that there would be a 5% away allocation in place. Considering we found out only yesterday that Celtic were not going to be giving us tickets for a game happening in 2 weeks time, what could we have done specifically?

The agreement was already in place.

Edited by AJF

Celtic wanted proper segregation measures and nets to protect our fans, because we’ve already done it for the Rangers visit. Upgraded entry points to the away section, erected new fencing, new gates etc.

Sure, it’ll come in handy for European games too though.

Rangers haven’t started on that because they can’t even finish their six week pre-season project on time.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, stressball said:

Celtic wanted proper segregation measures and nets to protect our fans, because we’ve already done it for the Rangers visit. Upgraded entry points to the away section, erected new fencing, new gates etc.

Sure, it’ll come in handy for European games too though.

Rangers haven’t started on that because they can’t even finish their six week pre-season project on time.

Celtic needed to complete their work earlier because we knew that they'd be hosting the first meeting of the sides this season. We knew that Rangers would not host Celtic until January at the earliest.

As far as I can see, Celtic submitted their planning application at the beginning of June to carry out the works at Celtic Park - 3 months before the game scheduled there. How many months is it til January?

Edited by AJF

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic needed to complete their work earlier because we knew that they'd be hosting the first meeting of the sides this season. We knew that Rangers would not host Celtic until January at the earliest.

As far as I can see, Celtic submitted their planning application at the beginning of June to carry out the works at Celtic Park - 3 months before the game scheduled there. How many months is it til January?

As far as I can see Rangers don’t have planning permission for the works yet.

Given your long planned project is a shambles and your board still haven’t actually confirmed when Ibrox will be ready I don’t think Celtic are in the wrong for not trusting Rangers to have everything that was agreed upon in place.

Let’s not forget this entire thing was started by a Rangers board that used locking out Celtic fans as a tactic to bring fans on board, the same fans there were fed up watching our fans partying at Ibrox after giving routine scuddings.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, stressball said:

As far as I can see Rangers don’t have planning permission for the works yet.

Given your long planned project is a shambles and your board still haven’t actually confirmed when Ibrox will be ready I don’t think Celtic are in the wrong for not trusting Rangers to have everything that was agreed upon in place.

Let’s not forget this entire thing was started by a Rangers board that used locking out Celtic fans as a tactic to bring fans on board, the same fans there were fed up watching our fans partying at Ibrox after giving routine scuddings.

They don’t, but I believe Rangers need to do a lot less work than Celtic did to make it compliant. Celtic rebuilt access steps and entryways which, as far as I am aware, is not required at Ibrox because there are no access steps to the Broomloan.

This leaves the safety netting, with Celtic submitting their planning application for this at the start of June. This was 3 months before the scheduled fixture, so again, how many months is it until the January fixture?

It appears that Rangers are going to be approaching the SPFL over it now after they’ve said that the work was scheduled to be completed well ahead of the January fixture.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

They don’t, but I believe Rangers need to do a lot less work than Celtic did to make it compliant. Celtic rebuilt access steps and entryways which, as far as I am aware, is not required at Ibrox because there are no access steps to the Broomloan.

This leaves the safety netting, with Celtic submitting their planning application for this at the start of June. This was 3 months before the scheduled fixture, so again, how many months is it until the January fixture?

It appears that Rangers are going to be approaching the SPFL over it now after they’ve said that the work was scheduled to be completed well ahead of the January fixture.

They said the stadium upgrades would have been completed well ahead of the new season opening fixfures too.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

A not very subtle ploy from celtic to get the entire Broomloan stand again.

Yeah, let's be honest this has nothing to do with concerns they have for their fans safety, it's purely to build pressure about the size of the allocation.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

The thing is though, the fans want the tickets. It’s not their doing.

Yeah I understand but it’s still hard to hear fans of both clubs having a go at my own for not providing enough tickets for away fans when their own clubs refuse to provide any to others. Of course it’s deeper than that with these two clubs but still.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

It was agreed between the clubs last season that there would be a 5% away allocation in place. Considering we found out only yesterday that Celtic were not going to be giving us tickets for a game happening in 2 weeks time, what could we have done specifically?

The agreement was already in place.

Just a thought.... Perhaps the fans could behave in such a way that expensive additional measure that literally no one else needs aren't neccessary?

14 hours ago, bennett said:

We tried that last season and Celtic refused the allocation. 

Having an empty section of the stand would send a stronger message here. This is where Celtic fans should have been..