The Rangers v Celtic away allocation thread

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

How utterly ridiculous. Are you honestly suggesting Rangers have watched it take 5 months for Celtic to still not having planning approved and then made a conscious decision to then try get it done in just 4 months when they aren’t even in their own stadium due to other works happening? Really 😂

Rangers aren’t, never have been and never will be committed to this and they only applied for planning because they were goaded into it by Brendan Rodgers. So there was no assumption, Rangers hadn’t lifted a finger to move this process until pressed as has now been proven.

As I said, Celtic are the ones who have decided to lock fans out the first two fixtures. Own it.

ETA: also, as far as your point goes about Rangers “never being committed to this” goes, we offered you an away allocation last season (which you refused). The noises from Celtic have always been “all or nothing” in regards to the allocation. Surprise surprise, there’s a contrived reason to make it nothing.

I’ll repeat what I said before: Celtic would’ve came out of this a lot better if they’d given us our allocation. Then, if we failed to do so for the January fixture, they could’ve refused us an allocation for the March fixture at Celtic Park.

Instead, they’ve denied us an allocation because they thought we might not be able to say where the game was being played or if works would be done in time for January. Both assumptions now looking a little silly.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, SaintSamuel said:

It’s pretty clear to the neutral observer that Celtic have been outsmarted by Rangers here. Which is quite frankly hilarious because Rangers are complete shambles of a football club from top to bottom. Of course Celtic fans will perform the most absurd mental gymnastics to claim they’re coming out on top here as they just can’t accept the fact they’ve completely cocked this up. They should be furious at their football club. 

Jinky67 is typing

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah mate, it’s typically what you do to respond. Glad to see you have a firm grasp of the obvious 👍

You forgot to post the reply that you were typing. 

11 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

I really hope this is the last season we hear of this tedious nonsense.

I hoped so as well after the teams made an agreement last year of 5% in each stadium. Alas, it wasn’t to be as Celtic decide not to honour the agreement.

14 hours ago, AJF said:

I hoped so as well after the teams made an agreement last year of 5% in each stadium. Alas, it wasn’t to be as Celtic decide not to honour the agreement.

I'm not going to bother discussing why I think differently as I just don't care enough.

6 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

@Jinky67 forget what Sevco have or havent done regarding letting fans in, why didn't celtic let Rangers fans in at the weekend? 

Please try and answer that without mentioning or indicating a mention of the Sevco board as this was purely a Celtic decision 

How can I forget about it if that’s the reason Celtic didn’t let Rangers fans in? I mean Brendan Rodgers publicly came out and said “it’s a Rangers issue”

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

How can I forget about it if that’s the reason Celtic didn’t let Rangers fans in? I mean Brendan Rodgers publicly came out and said “it’s a Rangers issue”

Celtic claimed they had everything in place to allow Rangers fans into Celtic Park on Sunday. If that is the case and Celtic subsequently chose not to do so, then surely they have made that decision based on assumptions and guess work that Rangers wouldn't host Celtic fans in 4 months time?

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Brendan Rodgers said.....

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Celtic claimed they had everything in place to allow Rangers fans into Celtic Park on Sunday. If that is the case and Celtic subsequently chose not to do so, then surely they have made that decision based on assumptions and guess work that Rangers wouldn't host Celtic fans in 4 months time?

What is it about my answer when you asked me this before you didn’t understand? 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Brendan Rodgers said.....

What other source would you prefer me to reference? The only public statement Celtic really have made is through Brendan Rodgers. 

Not sure why it interests you however, I’ve probably been to Ibrox more frequently than you 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What other source would you prefer me to reference? The only public statement Celtic really have made is through Brendan Rodgers. 

Not sure why it interests you however, I’ve probably been to Ibrox more frequently than you 🤷‍♂️

Probably all of it since you’ve not really given any justification for Celtic not allowing fans. It’s fairly clear Celtic made the decision on the basis that they were guessing that Rangers wouldn’t have the works complete.

You say you are using Rodgers comments regarding it as a reference as Celtic’s only public comments. Does that mean we can reference the actual statement made by Rangers that said steps were being taken to ensure the works were completed ahead of the January fixture?

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

Probably all of it since you’ve not really given any justification for Celtic not allowing fans. It’s fairly clear Celtic made the decision on the basis that they were guessing that Rangers wouldn’t have the works complete.

You say you are using Rodgers comments regarding it as a reference as Celtic’s only public comments. Does that mean we can reference the actual statement made by Rangers that said steps were being taken to ensure the works were completed ahead of the January fixture?

Ok then let’s try this another way then as I don’t really care to repeat myself, it’s become tedious however I also don’t want to appear rude and not answer you and justify my opinion as it seems to matter to you

Rangers put out a statement and I quote as the wording is important that read “Rangers was taking all steps towards fulfilling that agreement”

In your opinion would all steps include applying for planning permission? A simple yes or no suffices 

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Celtic Imo missed a huge opportunity to be the "bigger" person here and allow Rangers fans in for that game at the weekend there regardless, what Rangers do, have said, believe in, who they are etc etc 

Edit -  btw both clubs should be hammered over this nonsense but we all know the outcome of that eh

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

36 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ok then let’s try this another way then as I don’t really care to repeat myself, it’s become tedious however I also don’t want to appear rude and not answer you and justify my opinion as it seems to matter to you

Rangers put out a statement and I quote as the wording is important that read “Rangers was taking all steps towards fulfilling that agreement”

In your opinion would all steps include applying for planning permission? A simple yes or no suffices 

Yes

39 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Celtic Imo missed a huge opportunity to be the "bigger" person here and allow Rangers fans in for that game at the weekend there regardless, what Rangers do, have said, believe in, who they are etc etc 

Edit -  btw both clubs should be hammered over this nonsense but we all know the outcome of that eh

If celtic had allocated tickets for the game and Rangers were to renege on the 5% deal, then Rangers would have deserved all of the criticism that came our way. 

On 12/06/2023 at 17:55, Jinky67 said:

As a person he’s a narcissistic, lying f**ker so can’t imagine there will be too many that will hang on his every word.

As a coach well it would be churlish to dismiss what he done previously and the number of players who he improved especially McGregor.

The expectations of him will be higher than when he left, the squad is better and he will be expected to improve on what Ange built. Let’s see if he’s up to it.

And if DD is flashing the cash he should get wee KT up the road too 😉

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

What other source would you prefer me to reference? The only public statement Celtic really have made is through Brendan Rodgers

Isn't Brendan Rodgers a narcissistic lying fcker though?