The Rangers v Celtic away allocation thread

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just a thought.... Perhaps the fans could behave in such a way that expensive additional measure that literally no one else needs aren't neccessary?

That’s a swivel to a different argument than the one you originally made that I was responding to. One which I don’t disagree with, but different all the same.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s a swivel to a different argument than the one you originally made that I was responding to. One which I don’t disagree with, but different all the same.

Yeah... Theres a lot going on here withthe common thread being two clubs and fanbases embarrassing themselves and dragging Scottish Football down with them

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Having an empty section of the stand would send a stronger message here. This is where Celtic fans should have been..

That’s what the SPFL should enforce……. but they won’t.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Yeah, let's be honest this has nothing to do with concerns they have for their fans safety, it's purely to build pressure about the size of the allocation.

I wouldn’t go to Ibrox again with the current allocation as it stands and particularly in that part of the stadium. Getting pelted from above you on 2 sides isn’t really the experience I’m after.

But then if you think it’s a bluff you could just call it and put up the nets like Celtic have? 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I wouldn’t go to Ibrox again with the current allocation as it stands and particularly in that part of the stadium. Getting pelted from above you on 2 sides isn’t really the experience I’m after.

But then if you think it’s a bluff you could just call it and put up the nets like Celtic have? 

Happens at both stadiums, hence the agreement to install the safety netting to allow the fixtures to go ahead.

We can’t call Celtic’s bluff though, as they’ve refused us our allocation for a game in two weeks time. It essentially takes any decision out of our hands. Unless there was a contractual obligation for us to have the netting installed by 14th August for a game taking place on January 2nd next year.

19 hours ago, AJF said:

Happens at both stadiums, hence the agreement to install the safety netting to allow the fixtures to go ahead.

We can’t call Celtic’s bluff though, as they’ve refused us our allocation for a game in two weeks time. It essentially takes any decision out of our hands. Unless there was a contractual obligation for us to have the netting installed by 14th August for a game taking place on January 2nd next year.

If you say it happens on both sides then there is a genuine safety concern then isn’t there? 

You have had 3 seasons to call Celtics bluff on it and effectively done f**k all. We have put the agreed measures in place, you haven’t.

Mate you and your fans can’t trust your board to deliver promises made to your manager to put a decent team on the park yet we are expected to trust them to deliver this? 😂

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If you say it happens on both sides then there is a genuine safety concern then isn’t there? 

You have had 3 seasons to call Celtics bluff on it and effectively done f**k all. We have put the agreed measures in place, you haven’t.

Mate you and your fans can’t trust your board to deliver promises made to your manager to put a decent team on the park yet we are expected to trust them to deliver this? 😂

I never said there weren’t safety concerns, I just don’t believe this is the motivation behind Celtic’s decision.

The noises coming from your side have been “all or nothing” for years regarding the allocation, so this decision is not really a surprise.

Celtic have put the agreed measures in place already because they were undertaking more work and are due to host us 4 months before we are due to host you 😅 

My observations as a neutral observer:

Having away fans definitely makes the game more of a spectacle.

There's a lot of paranoia from both sets of fans about the other clubs intentions, but given that Celtic have completed works, and Rangers have relocated season ticket holders, it seems like both are up for getting away fans back.

I'd imagine old firm away tickets are a good wee incentive to dish out to important sponsors (which in itself is a bit galling for the average fan) so the clubs will benefit from that.

Ive seen some anti social behaviour from both sides over the years but nothing that warrants the police making away fans meet 2 hours before to be herded in.

I think the Police may be quite happy to have 0 away fans at the first two games and rule out any chance of having to think how to get 2500 Celtic fans in/out of Hampden if Ibrox works really over run... despite the fact they can segregate similar amounts of England fans at Hampen.

On 15/08/2024 at 20:28, AJF said:

Put the shoe on the other foot just for a second if you can. Why would anyone watching the utter mismanagement and clown show happening with regards to your stadium works right now be reassured with anything the Rangers board tell them? 

Even your own fans don’t believe the shite they are peddling so why should Celtic?

39 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Put the shoe on the other foot just for a second if you can. Why would anyone watching the utter mismanagement and clown show happening with regards to your stadium works right now be reassured with anything the Rangers board tell them? 

Even your own fans don’t believe the shite they are peddling so why should Celtic?

Because we've arrived at a position where Celtic have refused us an away allocation based on a suspicion on what they think might happen and something they can't prove.

Had they given us an allocation for the upcoming fixture and we subsequently did not have the measures in place for the January fixture, then Celtic could then withdraw our allocation for the following Celtic Park fixture and would've come out of this looking a lot better.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Because we've arrived at a position where Celtic have refused us an away allocation based on a suspicion on what they think might happen and something they can't prove.

Had they given us an allocation for the upcoming fixture and we subsequently did not have the measures in place for the January fixture, then Celtic could then withdraw our allocation for the following Celtic Park fixture and would've come out of this looking a lot better.

Rangers obviously haven’t been able to assure Celtic in the exact same very few Rangers fans are assured you will be back in Ibrox when the board have told you will be. 

And you would come out of this looking better if you just held your hands up and admit your club have absolutely f**ked this allocation nonsense from day 1. 

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Rangers obviously haven’t been able to assure Celtic in the exact same very few Rangers fans are assured you will be back in Ibrox when the board have told you will be. 

And you would come out of this looking better if you just held your hands up and admit your club have absolutely f**ked this allocation nonsense from day 1. 

Must defend celtic.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Must defend celtic.

Then you should be equally critical of @AJF then since his stance is very much “must defend Rangers”

But you won’t, Bennett by name Bennett by nature eh?

If celtic had allocated tickets for the game and Rangers reneged on the 5% deal then celtic would have had the moral high ground.  While Rangers would have been slaughtered by everyone,  including our own fans.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This is the thing, I’ve continually posted on here that I believe Rangers were wrong to reduce the allocation from the beginning. I’ve always maintained it is better with full allocations and have criticised the club for it.

So you’ve either not been paying attention whenever we’ve had this discussion, or, you’re wanting me to admit that Rangers were in the wrong to initially reduce the away allocations (again) in an attempt to absolve Celtic of any blame for offering no away allocations this time round. Which is it?

Edited by AJF

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

If celtic had allocated tickets for the game and Rangers reneged on the 5% deal then celtic would have had the moral high ground.  While Rangers would have been slaughtered by everyone,  including our own fans.

Precisely. This isn’t a case of defending Rangers for reducing the allocations initially. This is a case of criticising Celtic for locking out Rangers fans based on assumptions and hypotheticals.

On 16/08/2024 at 16:33, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I think the Police may be quite happy to have 0 away fans at the first two games and rule out any chance of having to think how to get 2500 Celtic fans in/out of Hampden if Ibrox works really over run... despite the fact they can segregate similar amounts of England fans at Hampen.

Are you trying to suggest that Police Scotland (Strathclyde Division) would have no idea how to accommodate Celtic fans in the "Rangers" end after decades of a nonsense policy to give two clubs their own designated areas?

Because that seems completely plausible.