Motherwell v Kilmarnock

Dunno if I've missed a thread on this one. Think this could be a stretch too far given our efforts in Europe. 

I know some will say it's only the start of the season so it shouldn't take too big a toll, but players arriving home in the wee hours of this morning won't get a chance to do any meaningful tactical work for this one.  

Hope I'm wrong, but if the price for going that bit further in Europe is that we falter on other fronts I'll take it. 

Nah, there hasn’t been a thread. 

Killie fans are excited and enjoying themselves on other fronts. Motherwell fans at the moment are feeling very meh. 

Killie just need to be at about 75% to win this I think. I’m maybe feeling more pessimistic and apathetic than other Motherwell fans but I genuinely think the next few months are going torture to watch for us. Not confident we can win many games at all with these players available to us. 

Fancy Killie to win this in midfield and take an early 2 goal lead. We will huff and puff, pass sideways and backwards until maybe scrambling a goal back when Killie tire. 

2-1 final result. 

It’s funny how one great result really changes your view. I don’t want us to lose obviously but after last night I’m almost taking the view of not caring (within reason) about domestic football for the next couple of weeks.

Even with their European midweek exploits I reckon Killie will have too much for us. This team with all our injuries doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. I hope with Blaney out this is the game we get to properly see what Balmer can do. Killie to win 2-1.

I am on holiday for the quarter final tie (unless it is moved to the Monday?) so feel slightly detached from this, if we win I won’t be part of the next round, if we lose, the same.

Lets recreate the 5-4 game and give the fans a laugh.

With County and Hearts getting put out I hope we can get a win even though as I've said above the team doesn't fill me with confidence. The chance for a run into the latter stages of the cup would lift spirits amongst the fans. It feels far too long ago that we went on a proper cup run so I retract my previous comment and now we'll win 2-1 with the returning prodigal son getting the winner.

GVQyorvXsAAHCRJ.thumb.jpeg.374dab53d15c5b27cd4bbdbe05bf93c1.jpeg

Not a lot to dislike there. 

Only fair to give O'Hara a game. Murray and GMS well deserving of their start, and Kennedy in particular would be too knackered to have played anyway after his efforts. 

Great to see Watson start. Should start every game. 

Hopefully help get Watkins a bit more fitness, and keeps Anderson involved. 

That was pretty uninspiring stuff to absolutely no Motherwell fans surprise.
Andy Halliday looks finished at this level and Euan Wilson isn’t an attacking midfielder. The sooner we can get Watt on the park and move Miller deeper the better. Robinson is a bit one paced but has moments of quality and nice footwork, he’ll ever score a goal though. Rant over - sorry. 

4 minutes ago, dezz said:

That was pretty uninspiring stuff to absolutely no Motherwell fans surprise.
Andy Halliday looks finished at this level and Euan Wilson isn’t an attacking midfielder. The sooner we can get Watt on the park and move Miller deeper the better. Robinson is a bit one paced but has moments of quality and nice footwork, he’ll ever score a goal though. Rant over - sorry. 

Agree with all of this. Get Watt and Sparrow on for Halliday and Wilson.

Fair play to Killie, defended well with 10 men. From a Motherwell point of view, if there’s one team not to sling a bunch of aimless crosses into the box against its Killie - do something else. 

Kettledraw does it again!

We looked OK against 10 men. Maswanhine definitely looked useful.

Robinson still has zero goal threat, Moses somehow seems to put the ball in the net semi-regularly. And Tony Watt was ok. Didn't really get much in the final third but still moved the ball well.

Andy Halliday is shite. That was his worst game this season.

I’m happy to be proved wrong but I didn’t even think that was a foul, never mind a second yellow. We’d never have beaten Killie if they had kept 11 on the park.