Airdrie vs Queen’s Park

Wasn’t able to make the game yesterday but going from what I’ve seen this season and yesterday’s highlights, Turner seems to have moved up a gear or two in terms of his own performance and overall impact in games. I think everyone knows how effective he could be being played further up the park and it was a massive frustration seeing him play deep for large parts of last season as truth be told, he’s absolutely terrible there. Thankfully he’s in a system now that allows both him and Thomas to thrive in attacking areas. Thomas and Turner should both be looking to hit double figures this season 

Still very early days but I admit that I thought we made an absolute mess of this summer’s recruitment. Would you blame me though at the time? Davidson’s grim recruitment updates, missing out on players and seeing other teams recruit quickly and efficiently (on paper at least). Coincide that with losing Paton to port vale and Fox through injury, it was looking fairly bleak 

I look at who we’ve brought in this summer and you’ve got to say fair play to Davidson. A mix of experience and youth but most importantly, the young guys brought in look ready for championship football. Dane Murray particularly looks an outstanding addition so far

Also, it was racking through my head. Before Saturday, when did we last beat airdrie away from home in the league? Granted we’ve had cup wins and that glorious play off day, I genuinely cannot think of a single time we’ve played airdrie away in the league and actually won. I’ve been going since around 2004 so may have missed a win somewhere but if someone could enlighten me on that

Edited by qpfc

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Jan 21st 1982-3 SFL Div 1 at Broomfield, as the original Airdrieonians. 1-0 QP. Unfortunately we still came last in the league

I was there that day, and in the previous season too when we knocked them out of the cup on their own ground while they were still a top tier outfit albeit relegation bound. Both games ended with demonstrations by the Airdrie fans demanding the sacking of their manager. I think in the cup game it was Bobby Watson and in the league game it was Bill Munro. Or maybe it was the other way round? Great days.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Jan 21st 1982-3 SFL Div 1 at Broomfield, as the original Airdrieonians. 1-0 QP. Unfortunately we still came last in the league.

That’s quite incredible considering we’ve played them semi regularly in the 21st century! 

Edited by qpfc