Stirling Albion v East Fife

2 minutes ago, East Fife 1903 said:

The only trick Austins up to today is the hat-trick 

C41D4ADC-C944-4885-BBBB-FA520C84D7B2.jpeg

3 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

I'm 4 drinks in and it's  amazing what that can do to your confidence.

A beanos win is coming for sure....

Must be strong stuff that causing you delusional thoughts stick to the sweetheart stout.

4 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

I'm 4 drinks in and it's  amazing what that can do to your confidence.

A beanos win is coming for sure....

What on God’s name were you drinking? 

Simply not good enough. It was a competitive match for about 40 mins, then a complete collapse from our point of view. Can't complain about the final result. Plenty to complain out in terms of our performance, though. Never looked like scoring. We have two full backs who offer very little going forward, but also no wingers. We're very predictable in an attacking sense. Unusually calamitous at the back today which was slightly out of character compared to other performances this season (including last week), but I'm more concerned by how much we seem to toil when it is on us to create chances and we can't counter attack into open space like we did against Clyde. Worrying.

22 hours ago, headthebaw said:

I watched the highlights of East Fifes game on Saturday.

Nathan Austin up to his old tricks again😀.

Hope we have a good ref tomorrow.

Comedy gold.

"Up his old tricks again" = racking up yet another hat-trick against you.

I actually enjoyed my visit to Stirling today.

A nice wee place, friendly folk, decent boozers. Up there with Methil on all counts.

As for the fitba, the boy Carrick remains a handful, although I felt we kept him quiet.

I think the Binos will do okay this season despite today's result. 

All the best for the season ahead 🖤💛🖤

1 hour ago, Dumb yatt said:

Could have been 2. Could have been 12. It was always going to be nil.

Strangely we have yet to score at home but scored 4 away so far. Maybe time for Roy (the invisible man) to be benched and McKinley given a run. Good to see Davidson and to a lesser extent Milne back so imagine there will be some changes next week. Harkness, Ewan & Denholm all injured so not going to be too harsh (but the defence and keeper were shite today).

Long way to go.

PS: top marks to EF for a fine away kit.

Edited by SA45

55 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Strangely we have yet to score at home but scored 4 away so far. Maybe time for Roy (the invisible man) to be benched and McKinley given a run. Good to see Davidson and to a lesser extent Milne back so imagine there will be some changes next week. Harkness, Ewan & Denholm all injured so not going to be too harsh (but the defence and keeper were shite today).

Long way to go.

PS: top marks to EF for a fine away kit.

Agree with all that.

I was very happy to see Davidosn back and even Milne. We've got a pretty much invisible midfield right now other than Ricky waugh.

Ally Roy has been pretty disappointing so far.  Mckinley seems limited but hardworking and at least puts himself about.

Absolutely gutted at the performance  today. As bad as we've been at home in years.

Wing backs also totally missing in an attacking sense.

9 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Absolutely gutted at the performance  today. As bad as we've been at home in years.

Wing backs also totally missing in an attacking sense.

Agree about wing backs, not sure if its 442 or 352 but there's no width further up (oo er) so no crosses coming in. Also not sure what J Kerr was meant to be doing today - as I said it's 4 games in and no doubt people will want DY back but let's give it a few months before making the Maybury Out banners. We desperately need a midfield general like Rodri or Roy Keane lol, whoever that may be.

In 2015, a 5 year old BB_Bino Junior came into the Living Room and said “I go to football with Daddy today”, so I took him to Forthbank to see Austin run riot, score a hat trick and it be the end for then Stirling manager, Stuart McLaren.

BB_Bino Junior has been by my side at pretty much every game since, and yesterday’s match drew a lot of comparisons with that day in 2015, and this squad also has comparisons to the one that Stuart McLaren built, on the back of a promise to play football and entertain the fans.

Yes, some of the phases of play in the first 20 minutes or so, were pleasing on the eye and the football that I personally like to watch, but that’s all fine and well if you actually do something with it, but we don’t. 

Full credit goes to East Fife, they were in total control, even when we were stroking the ball about in our wee triangles, they were pressing and knew exactly what they were doing. Our Midfield was pretty nonexistent, their’s were in total control and command, it was all just a little frustrating and you just knew what was coming and when the first goal did, that was it for us, in every sense.

East Fife upped the game and we just fell to pieces, I’ve already made my mind up about certain players in this team, I’m sure Maybury and McMinn have also. For me, Weir & Wright aren’t ready for the step up to First Team football at this level and Roy a Lowland League level Striker at best. This leaves our talisman, Carrick, again having to work off scraps or dropping into that Attacking Midfield role that he did yesterday.

The calls for Maybury to be removed are not for me, yet, but there’s no doubt there are a large section of supporters who are simply unhappy with the goings on at the club and are short of patience. To be fair, I’m struggling to remember when I was last excited at a game and actually enjoyed the full 90 minutes and I’m starting to question why I do it week in week out and there’s no doubt that my own passion and interest is dropping quickly. I simply no longer can be arsed….and I stayed for the full 90 minutes.

I like what Maybury is trying to do, but I’m yet to be convinced it works in League 2. The successful teams at this level over the years, don’t play through the zones, not that I have seen. Yes when I’m watching football on the TV, I love seeing that and would love to see a successful Stirling side playing that way, but the reality is that I haven’t seen anyone implement it successfully at this level and there must be a reason for that. I’m hoping Maybury is the first, but on yesterday’s performance, our football is for decoration and East Fife’s was for effectiveness. I’m rambling now but I’m just scunnered…….again!

13 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Watching the goals, looks like Gaston has had a mare. Fash does well but he should be saving 1 and  3 ?

He should have saved the first on too. Anyone who watched Austin’s free kick from the Forfar game knew where the ball was going.